Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for help - BOG AAS/COSC AA /TESU BALS
Unless you've got a ton of existing miscellaneous credits that won't fit in the BSBA, I'd do the BSBA. The business courses are cheap and easy to find. Also, many folks won't recognize the BALS concentration as being a real business degree.

Edit: Just noticed the language credits. I don't think there's room for those in the BSBA, but I'd double check with dfrecore before assuming that. They might fit in the GenEds.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • jsd
(01-05-2018, 08:36 PM)davewill Wrote: Unless you've got a ton of existing miscellaneous credits that won't fit in the BSBA, I'd do the BSBA. The business courses are cheap and easy to find. Also, many folks won't recognize the BALS concentration as being a real business degree.

Edit: Just noticed the language credits. I don't think there's room for those in the BSBA, but I'd double check with dfrecore before assuming that. They might fit in the GenEds.

There is plenty of room in Gen Eds for ACTFL credits, although if you score high enough, there are lots of UL credits there that you could put in the AOS for the BALS.

It's totally up to you which direction you go, I would check out the BSBA and see if those are the kinds of courses that interest you.

A BALS is definitely not a business degree at all.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you all again for your continued support and advice. I started my first course prep for World Religions through instacert (for CLEP). My ACTFL credits are only for OPI because they only offer that or OPIc for the language I took. I did score Advanced High though. Writing etc., is not offered. I did start the ACE registry and added the ACTFL to it.
There's a World Religions CLEP?!
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

(01-06-2018, 03:46 PM)S2106 Wrote: Thank you all again for your continued support and advice. I started my first course prep for World Religions through instacert (for CLEP). My ACTFL credits are only for OPI because they only offer that or OPIc for the language I took. I did score Advanced High though. Writing etc., is not offered. I did start the ACE registry and added the ACTFL to it.

So you should get 6cr LL and 6cr UL for that score, which is great.  Bummer that you can't get more, but hey, 12cr for like $100 is nothing to sneeze at.

And, they will fit into the AOS for the BALS, which is fantastic.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@quigongene - sorry, I meant DSST.
Dfrecore, My local CC added the Language OPI as 4+4 credits. May be it is due to my degree registration with CC was for an AA. I hope it will count higher (12) for a BA or BSBA.
(01-06-2018, 05:35 PM)S2106 Wrote: @quigongene - sorry, I meant DSST.
Dfrecore, My local CC added the Language OPI as 4+4 credits. May be it is due to my degree registration with CC was for an AA. I hope it will count higher (12) for a BA or BSBA.

TESU won't care what your CC gave it.  They will take it directly from ACE/ACTFL, and ACE recommends 6/6. They always take credit from the original source.
That's very good. Thank you for the info.
A Board of Governors degree is only available through WV community colleges, which is why it is only 100% transferable to West Virginia state schools when applied towards their Regents B.A. degree. It's an agreement through all public colleges in that state. From what I can tell, a COSC associate degree is only worth it if you plan to earn your bachelors through them as well.
Looks like TESU BALS or BSBA would be my best option especially with the knowledge and support Iam receiving through this forum. After reaching 60 credits I would like to obtain the BOG AAS just to add immediately to resume and for my self esteem boost. Only other degree idea I previously considered is the BS in WED (Workforce education and development) from SIU (Southern Illinois U)They will be able to give me upto 30 credits for my 20+ years of progressively higher responsibility jobs with the same employer. Program related courses (36 Cr) are taught every other weekend at military bases. This can be covered by tuition reimbursement from employer too. I would like to hear from anyone with experience on that program or similar ones and thoughts from others comparing it to BALS/BSBA. Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,926 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,617 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,022 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,583 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,293 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,283 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,322 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,817 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore