Looking for people to try a Free Ed4Credit.com course and give us feedback
I'll be signing up! Thanks Tricia!
Goal: BA/BS in Psychology

Credit Sources
Straighterline
Aleks
Study.com
Kaplan
Really wish I saw this thread sooner, I could have used a course for free. I'm sure one of the courses I need from SL are available on here. Maybe I will still use the 50% off code.

Please extend that code till like end of February!! I just realized I don't get paid again in January lol, I'm considering trying the English Comp II here, With me being short on time right now with all the CC courses going on the non monthly membership and the 4months to get it done may prove to be great right now!
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:Really wish I saw this thread sooner, I could have used a course for free. I'm sure one of the courses I need from SL are available on here. Maybe I will still use the 50% off code.

Please extend that code till like end of February!! I just realized I don't get paid again in January lol, I'm considering trying the English Comp II here, With me being short on time right now with all the CC courses going on the non monthly membership and the 4months to get it done may prove to be great right now!

Oooh yea, English Comp II might be an option through here. I had planned on using Study.com for it since they said it should be ready by early Jan, but this could work. I'm bummed I missed the post earlier too. Cheap courses are good - free courses are better.
If anyone finishes an Ed4Credit course before the end of January we would all really appreciate it if you gave us feedback right away so we can better decide if we want to take buy a course while it's 50% off. Thanks!

- Actually even if you haven't finished the course if you could give us some feedback on how you like it so far that would be really helpful too.
I just registered my son for Managing Information Systems - but I don't think he'll be starting it until Monday. I just checked out the site with him, and it looks very simple/no frills, with access to an e-book that would cost $65 to purchase used on Amazon. The course has 14 chapters, each with an untimed test, and then a 50 question final via ProctorU. That's all I know for now!
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
rowan555 Wrote:I just registered my son for Managing Information Systems - but I don't think he'll be starting it until Monday. I just checked out the site with him, and it looks very simple/no frills, with access to an e-book that would cost $65 to purchase used on Amazon. The course has 14 chapters, each with an untimed test, and then a 50 question final via ProctorU. That's all I know for now!

Thank you for the update!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
rowan555 Wrote:I just registered my son for Managing Information Systems - but I don't think he'll be starting it until Monday. I just checked out the site with him, and it looks very simple/no frills, with access to an e-book that would cost $65 to purchase used on Amazon. The course has 14 chapters, each with an untimed test, and then a 50 question final via ProctorU. That's all I know for now!

This sounds pretty reasonable! Depending on how long the chapters take it could be quite a bit faster than Study.com. Do you by chance know how many questions the untimed tests have?
Thanks for the feedback!
I just called about the English Comp II course. They said that each module has an essay assignment and there are 9 modules. I'm assuming these are probably short essays but the problem for me is that they said each one could take up to a week (or less) to be graded. Of course you can continue the course before they are graded but I don't know if I would feel comfortable taking the final before I knew how I was doing on the essays. So I think I'm going to skip Ed4credit on English Comp I and II but I definitely might use them for other courses that don't have essays. Their customer service on the phone was great by the way.
gremlinbrawler Wrote:I just called about the English Comp II course. They said that each module has an essay assignment and there are 9 modules. I'm assuming these are probably short essays but the problem for me is that they said each one could take up to a week (or less) to be graded. Of course you can continue the course before they are graded but I don't know if I would feel comfortable taking the final before I knew how I was doing on the essays. So I think I'm going to skip Ed4credit on English Comp I and II but I definitely might use them for other courses that don't have essays. Their customer service on the phone was great by the way.

My son took English Comp 2 via Straighterline and the essays were graded quite quickly and fairly. I can't recall if you were allowed to re-submit for a higher score. On Study.com the turnaround time seems to vary from 1 day to 5 or more days and you can resubmit - the second grading seems to happen more quickly. Just mentioning that as a point of comparison.
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
gremlinbrawler Wrote:This sounds pretty reasonable! Depending on how long the chapters take it could be quite a bit faster than Study.com. Do you by chance know how many questions the untimed tests have?
Thanks for the feedback!

The syllabus doesn't say. The syllabus also doesn't indicate if the final exam is open book. It would be nice to get some answers to both of these questions!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 399 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 676 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Google has released 10 free courses to master AI LevelUP 2 1,023 08-12-2023, 03:41 PM
  ACTFL no longer give ACE credits? Kab 16 1,347 08-10-2023, 04:41 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  ALEKS free for two months (start by April 30, 2020) PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 30 5,312 04-02-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  latest Study.com code for January, 2023 for 1 month free EducationSeeker 3 1,504 01-02-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
Information Free 6 Month Subscription to Coursera Google, Facebook, & IBM, It Certs Experience LevelUP 22 4,523 11-22-2022, 08:25 PM
Last Post: scottlefoll
  Coursera certs for free? Personherebb9 5 1,385 11-15-2022, 08:31 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Does Study membership for courses give access to test preps? Insert Name 3 609 10-16-2022, 08:58 AM
Last Post: spohara
  CS105, CS306 and MATH108 Possible in SDC Free Trial Window? spohara 9 926 08-23-2022, 07:42 AM
Last Post: LevelUP