Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for people to try a Free Ed4Credit.com course and give us feedback
I'll do the Ed4Credit Comp II as a guinea pig. And maybe literature.

1 - does TESU accept these? I know they accept ACE in general, but I need these to fulfill specific slots in my degree path.
2 - How does the final relate to the course? In other words, if you do well in the course, can I still pass with a poor final exam grade?
3 - in ENG 205, it almost appears that you could do the tests, and not do well at all in the assignments and still potentially come out with a B. Am I reading this: https://ed4credit.com/sites/default/file...abus_1.pdf correctly?
4 - How big are the writing assignments in 205?
5 - is the lit final open book?
6 - Are there any discounts for being a forum member here, or buying multiple courses?

Forgive me if these are already answered, I just now saw this thread here and that's how I learned about Ed4Credit.

I will say two things: the normal price looks a little steep at first blush. Having the books as part of the package does sweeten the deal some, but I've done ok at finding the texts for free or very low cost, so it wouldn't be a deal maker / breaker for me.

I'm going to email my TESU counselor, but I am betting I run out of time before I get a response. If I run out of time, I'm not buying these at full price.
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

High_Order1 Wrote:1 - does TESU accept these? I know they accept ACE in general, but I need these to fulfill specific slots in my degree path.

Yes, they accept them. And since they're part of the alternative credit project, TESU tells you exactly how they'll fit on the ACP page:

Alternative Credit Project
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:Yes, they accept them. And since they're part of the alternative credit project, TESU tells you exactly how they'll fit on the ACP page:

Alternative Credit Project

I don't see Ed4 listed under English Comp II, nor do I see the Literature course listed. Help me find it?

Thanks!
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

Ah, you're right, my bad. They haven't updated this for the new courses. Sorry.

Regardless, they'll definitely transfer, and most of these general ed courses are pretty standardized at TESU in how they transfer. You can how everyone else's English II transfers in, and ed4 should transfer the same.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
High_Order1 Wrote:I'll do the Ed4Credit Comp II as a guinea pig. And maybe literature.

6 - Are there any discounts for being a forum member here, or buying multiple courses?

I'm going to email my TESU counselor, but I am betting I run out of time before I get a response. If I run out of time, I'm not buying these at full price

The df member coupon below, plus 4 months to do the course (see following quote), maybe you'll be able to utilize it after all?

Ed4Credit Wrote:Thanks for the GREAT response! I have private messaged the first 5 people I heard from and given them the free courses, BUT I would like to give everyone else 50% off ONE Course if you sign up before the end of January 2017. Here's the 50% Off coupon code that is good for one course per person until January 31, 2017 - DegreeForum50 - Thanks again for your help and feedback! Big Grin FYI... you have up to 4 months (120 days) to complete your course!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
rowan555 Wrote:The syllabus doesn't say. The syllabus also doesn't indicate if the final exam is open book. It would be nice to get some answers to both of these questions!

Hi Rowan, the module quizzed pull approx. 30 questions each time and have test banks that rotate different questions through. The finals are open notes but not open book. Hope this answers your questions.
rowan555 Wrote:My son took English Comp 2 via Straighterline and the essays were graded quite quickly and fairly. I can't recall if you were allowed to re-submit for a higher score. On Study.com the turnaround time seems to vary from 1 day to 5 or more days and you can resubmit - the second grading seems to happen more quickly. Just mentioning that as a point of comparison.

Hi Guys, most of the assignments in our courses are graded within 48 hours but it might vary for holidays and weekend. Smile
Ed4Credit Wrote:Hi Rowan, the module quizzed pull approx. 30 questions each time and have test banks that rotate different questions through. The finals are open notes (handwritten) but not open book. Hope this answers your questions.

My son has dexterity issues and types his notes - he doesn't take any notes by hand. This is a strange policy, and I might not have purchased the course had I known this. This policy effectively makes his final exam closed book because he won't have handwritten notes. I urge you to consider this policy, as handwritten notes are becoming less and less common.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
Ed4Credit, do you offer accommodations for dysgraphia?
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
rowan555 Wrote:My son has dexterity issues and types his notes - he doesn't take any notes by hand. This is a strange policy, and I might not have purchased the course had I known this. This policy effectively makes his final exam closed book because he won't have handwritten notes. I urge you to consider this policy, as handwritten notes are becoming less and less common.

No problem, he can type them and then print them off too. Will that work?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 8 674 Yesterday, 03:14 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 716 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Google has released 10 free courses to master AI LevelUP 2 1,050 08-12-2023, 03:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ACTFL no longer give ACE credits? Kab 16 1,402 08-10-2023, 04:41 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  ALEKS free for two months (start by April 30, 2020) PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 30 5,397 04-02-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  latest Study.com code for January, 2023 for 1 month free EducationSeeker 3 1,546 01-02-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
Information Free 6 Month Subscription to Coursera Google, Facebook, & IBM, It Certs Experience LevelUP 22 4,616 11-22-2022, 08:25 PM
Last Post: scottlefoll
  Coursera certs for free? Personherebb9 5 1,449 11-15-2022, 08:31 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Does Study membership for courses give access to test preps? Insert Name 3 629 10-16-2022, 08:58 AM
Last Post: spohara
  CS105, CS306 and MATH108 Possible in SDC Free Trial Window? spohara 9 948 08-23-2022, 07:42 AM
Last Post: LevelUP