Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking to Transfer Colleges
Wink 
So I'm currently attending a public university in Ohio, University of Cincinnati, and I have 110 credits and still need 33 in order to graduate. My original plan was Medical Imaging after getting rejected by secondary admissions I switched to Medical Laboratory Science only to get rejected again with a 3.1 GPA. The unfortunate part is that the remaining 33 credits will be put toward a "Bachelors of Science In Interdisciplinary". Most of my credits are science and I don't want to waste 33 credits and my time on just getting an Interdisciplinary degree when I'm more interested in Biology and Chemistry related courses. The remaining credits are Introductory classes for different humanities and culture classes on top of electives. It was brought to my attention by my advisor that it would take two years just to finish the degree since some courses are only offered during certain semesters. I was thinking about doing Thomas Edison State for a BA in Biology and other online colleges just to finish, but I personally feel like I wouldn't have actually accomplished something. I'm not asking for anyones opinions, comments, or what they would do if they were me situations. The only thing I have are two questions. Are there any colleges that accept tons of credits and have low residency requirements? Thank you. 

Courses I've taken (*P indicates Pass/Fail)

ALH 2071      Pathophysiology for Health Professions         3 Credits A
ANTH 1001   Cultural Anthropology                                  3 Credits A-
BIOL 1081    Biology I                                                    3 Credits B
BIOL 1081L  Biology I Lab                                              1 Credit  A-
BIOL 1082    Biology II                                                   3 Credits B
BIOL 1082L   Biology II Lab                                            1 Credit A-
BIOL 2001C   Anatomy and Physiology I                           4 Credits C
BIOL 2002C   Anatomy and Physiology II                         4 Credits C
BIOL 2031C   Microbiology for Health Professions             3 Credits A
BIOL 2083     Genetics                                                   3 Credits B
BIOL 2085C   Cell Biology                                              4 Credits P
CHEM 1030    General Organic Biochemistry I                   3 Credits B+
CHEM 1030L  General Organic Biochemistry I Lab             1 Credit B+
CHEM 1031    General Organic Biochemistry II                  3 Credits P
CHEM 1031L  General Organic Biochemistry II Lab            1 Credit A-
CHEM 1040    General Chemistry I                                   4 Credits C
CHEM 1040L  General Chemistry I Lab                              1 Credit  C+
CHEM 1041   General Chemistry II                                  4 Credits B    
CHEM 1041L  General Chemistry II Lab                            1 Credit B+
CHEM 2030    Survey of Biochemistry I                              4 Credits B+
CHEM 2030L   Survey of Biochemistry I Lab                       1 Credit B
CHEM 2031     Survey of Biochemistry II                           4 Credits B-
CHEM 2031L  Survey of Biochemistry II Lab                       1 Credit A-
COMM 1071   Intro to Public Speaking                               3 Credits A
ENGL 1001     English Composition                                    3 Credits A
ENGL 2089     Intermediate Composition                            3 Credits P
HIST 2024     Global Environmental History                        3 Credits A
HIST 3155     Nazi Medicine                                             3 Credits B
HLSC 2012    Medical Terminology                                    2 Credits A
HLTH 1001    Success in Allied Health                               1 Credit A
HLTH 1002    Success in Allied Health II                            1 Credit A
HLTH 2011    Ethics in Healthcare                                     3 Credits A-
MATH 1021    College Algebra                                          3 Credits B+
MATH 1022   Trigonometry                                              3 Credits C+
MATH 1044   Applied Calc                                               3 Credits B-
PHYS 1051    General Physics I (Algebra Based)                4 Credits C
PHYS 1051L  General Physics I Lab                                  1 Credit B
PHYS 1052   General Physics II (Algebra Based)                4 Credits C
PHYS 1052L General Physics II Lab                                  1 Credit B-
PSYC 1001   Intro to Psychology                                      3 Credits A
SOC 1001    Intro to Sociology                                        3 Credits A-
For "ton of credits and low residency requirements" you are limited to TESU, COSC, and EC. Of these, your best bet would likely be TESU. TESU requires fewer UL credits and has more science-type degrees available than EC or COSC. I am very confused by this comment: "I personally feel like I wouldn't have actually accomplished something". An online degree takes just as much work, sometimes even more so, than one where you have to go sit in the classroom all day.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
For someone who doesn't feel like you've accomplished something, you've taken quite a few challenging courses and passed them all! Don't be so hard on yourself. It sounds like you were trying to get into a very competitive program. Definitely give the bio or a natural science degree from TESU a really good look over. You still need some more courses, but you have a TON of science classes completed. There are lots of people who can't even spell physics let alone know what it is!
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • hsfamfun, jch
There are a few options:  Charter Oak State College, Excelsior College, Thomas Edison State University, these allow a maximum of 113/114 credits transfer.  Another option would be CBE Competency Based Education, all of them will take up to 90 credits.  Here's a post in regards to a few CBE's: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid336108  Here's the wiki, it hasn't been fully updated but still has the majority of them: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Co...d_Programs - Then there are degree completion programs, also up to 90/102 credits, an example: https://www.peirce.edu/transfer-credit/transfer-credits and https://www.peirce.edu/degrees-programs/...completion
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Probably neither the fastest nor the cheapest route, but there are degree completion programs in many disciplines, including biology.  If you're really bound for Florida you might consider a program like this
Online Biology Bachelor's Degree | University of Florida Online (ufl.edu)
The problem you will have with any of the Big 3 is that none of your science courses are UL. So you can't get a degree from any of them without at least 15cr of UL in the "major" whatever you choose.

I think you probably need to switch to a school with a lower price if possible, and finish there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
CUNY requires 15 hours to be completed through the school, the rest can be transferred in. There are a couple of programs that might appeal to you—Health Information Management and Health Services Administration, but it looks like you would need a bunch of hours with CUNY to actually compete the degree requirements: https://sps.cuny.edu/academics/undergraduate

Have you looked at the Wisconsin Flex degree options?  There are 2 BS in Biomedical Sciences (Diagnostic Imaging, Health Sciences) programs that seem like they might be the sort of thing you are looking for: https://flex.wisconsin.edu/degrees-programs/
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just Beat Cancer, Researched Colleges 4 Monthes, What Do You Think of this Plan? :) Austin-BeatCancerB17 20 1,562 04-22-2023, 12:04 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  CS Student Wanting to Transfer, What School is Best for a Senior with Anxiety? SeriouslySylvia 24 1,981 03-10-2023, 07:09 PM
Last Post: AwardTour
  Most Efficient Use of Transfer Credits sara.nicole 10 1,049 03-03-2023, 05:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  100% transfer, No Residency req'd Degree BigJohn1975 4 2,714 11-21-2022, 10:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior Transfer Help Risa 8 684 11-18-2022, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Risa
  Quickest route to Bachelors with credit transfer Cbird90 11 1,348 10-26-2022, 10:45 PM
  Fastest way to earn a degree by earning/transfer credit Saulbaba 29 2,286 10-18-2022, 10:50 AM
  Change Management option for transfer to TESU mcquacks2 7 965 09-26-2022, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcquacks2
  UMPI transfer plan anthony3070 7 1,097 08-30-2022, 03:55 PM
Last Post: anthony3070
  Any Undergrad degree at the Big 3 where you can transfer the capstone or excludes it? Noteven 28 2,523 08-27-2022, 12:45 PM