Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking to finish my degree - advice needed
(03-27-2021, 04:50 PM)busybee45 Wrote:
(03-26-2021, 11:52 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: busybee45 - you do not take any more college courses as they are much more expensive at EC (Excelsior College) than at Coopersmith/Study.com, you should take your remainder of the courses at Coopersmith and/or Study.com (as per my post above: I still highly suggest the TEEX Death Investigation course for $75 and you can finish it within a long weekend).

If you are OK with a couple of Business Courses at Davar, they're cheap at $99 both, plus $15/course proctoring, comes up to $129 - I suggest Management Info Systems and Organizational Behavior. Here's Coopersmith: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Co...Consulting and Study.com Equivalents for transfer https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html

(03-27-2021, 07:09 AM)rachel83az Wrote: It's only slightly more expensive to take 13 credits at EC vs. the minimum of 7 if you first do CSM Learn or 2 classes from either Sophia, SDC, or StraighterLine. Depending on your needs, you might find it easier to just go ahead and take 2 classes at EC while finishing up the others from elsewhere.

I was thinking of taking the UExcel tests for some of these classes.  Are these other sites cheaper than them for the UL classes?

You never did answer my question: did you actually take courses with TESU?  You show 21cr, but not if they were courses or TECEP exams.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-27-2021, 04:55 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 04:50 PM)busybee45 Wrote:
(03-26-2021, 11:52 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: busybee45 - you do not take any more college courses as they are much more expensive at EC (Excelsior College) than at Coopersmith/Study.com, you should take your remainder of the courses at Coopersmith and/or Study.com (as per my post above: I still highly suggest the TEEX Death Investigation course for $75 and you can finish it within a long weekend).

If you are OK with a couple of Business Courses at Davar, they're cheap at $99 both, plus $15/course proctoring, comes up to $129 - I suggest Management Info Systems and Organizational Behavior. Here's Coopersmith: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Co...Consulting and Study.com Equivalents for transfer https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html

(03-27-2021, 07:09 AM)rachel83az Wrote: It's only slightly more expensive to take 13 credits at EC vs. the minimum of 7 if you first do CSM Learn or 2 classes from either Sophia, SDC, or StraighterLine. Depending on your needs, you might find it easier to just go ahead and take 2 classes at EC while finishing up the others from elsewhere.

I was thinking of taking the UExcel tests for some of these classes.  Are these other sites cheaper than them for the UL classes?

You never did answer my question: did you actually take courses with TESU?  You show 21cr, but not if they were courses or TECEP exams.

All the credits were classes.
(03-27-2021, 08:23 PM)busybee45 Wrote: All the credits were classes.

Since you have the cornerstone and residency completed, you definitely want to finish at TESU - you only have to pay for the capstone and minor fees - a total of $1,855 remaining.  That's cheaper BY FAR than EC, which will be $5300 minimum.  Even COSC will be $3181 and they're normally the cheapest.

Better to take advantage of the fact that you have 21cr completed at TESU.

I would get a BALS with a concentration in Social Science.  That will be the cheapest/easiest/fastest possible degree.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-28-2021, 07:57 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 08:23 PM)busybee45 Wrote: All the credits were classes.

Since you have the cornerstone and residency completed, you definitely want to finish at TESU - you only have to pay for the capstone and minor fees - a total of $1,855 remaining.  That's cheaper BY FAR than EC, which will be $5300 minimum.  Even COSC will be $3181 and they're normally the cheapest.

Better to take advantage of the fact that you have 21cr completed at TESU.

I would get a BALS with a concentration in Social Science.  That will be the cheapest/easiest/fastest possible degree.

Thank you (and everyone else) for your feedback.  I went ahead and applied and got accepted to TESU.  Now I just need to get my transcripts evaluated so I know what else I need to do.
I got my academic evaluation back and the numbers have changed.  All of the credits for my lab classes have been eliminated.  So now I need to complete 47.83 SH, which both does and doesn't feel like it's a lot.  I know I need to take the capstone and I'm already working on one of the classes via Sophia. 

I am still waiting for one more transcript to be sent over as I'm on a legacy hold  (I'm probably going to have to call the dean of that school if I don't get a response this week.)  Angry 

I plan on following the roadmap listed in the wiki.  Is there anything I'm missing?

Attached Files
.png   Program Summary.PNG (Size: 12.89 KB / Downloads: 29)
.png   GE Requirements 1.PNG (Size: 65.47 KB / Downloads: 22)
.png   GE Requirements 2.PNG (Size: 57.08 KB / Downloads: 23)
.png   Liberal Studies Requirements 1.PNG (Size: 52.94 KB / Downloads: 19)
.png   Liberal Studies Requirements 2.PNG (Size: 58.53 KB / Downloads: 18)
Could you also copy and paste screenshots of the notes at the bottom of your evaluation? I don’t think they have evaluated everything yet. You may get more credits applied, we will need to wait and see...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Vle045
(04-11-2021, 09:13 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Could you also copy and paste screenshots of the notes at the bottom of your evaluation?  I don’t think they have evaluated everything yet.  You may get more credits applied, we will need to wait and see...

See attached.

Attached Files
.png   Notes1.PNG (Size: 86.75 KB / Downloads: 18)
.png   Notes2.PNG (Size: 90.72 KB / Downloads: 17)
So, the reason your labs all got knocked out is because you're full in the Free Electives area - there's just nowhere for those to go.

It looks like you're missing WMN 005: Women's Studies, which would probably be an AoS course; and COIN 060: HTML Publishing on the WWW which will probably be a free elective (or CIS course that could go in GE, but prob not).

Do you happen to have your old eval, where it showed any of these courses (in Free Electives or Other courses) as GE? If so, you might want to ask them to put them back. Otherwise, you are just going to have a lot of Sophia and other stuff to do.

I'd probably do Sophia for Public Speaking, Ethics, 3 KHC courses, and 4 GE electives; and then Study.com for your 5 UL courses and civic engagement requirement; or Study.com if you just want to do everything in a single place and plan on making the most of your monthly membership there (5 courses a month). One nice thing about Study.com is that for some LL/UL combos, it's shortened (for instance taking both Vietnam courses practically halves the number of lessons). Presentation Skills will get you the Oral Comm requirement without actually having to do an oral presentation. Things like that.

I think you could complete everything in 3-4 months if you went quickly; if you did your UL requirements first and then got to 100cr completed, you could sign up for the Capstone and get that done and then finish everything else quickly.
(04-12-2021, 01:09 PM)dfrecore Wrote: So, the reason your labs all got knocked out is because you're full in the Free Electives area - there's just nowhere for those to go.

It looks like you're missing WMN 005: Women's Studies, which would probably be an AoS course; and COIN 060: HTML Publishing on the WWW which will probably be a free elective (or CIS course that could go in GE, but prob not).

Do you happen to have your old eval, where it showed any of these courses (in Free Electives or Other courses) as GE?  If so, you might want to ask them to put them back.  Otherwise, you are just going to have a lot of Sophia and other stuff to do.

I'd probably do Sophia for Public Speaking, Ethics, 3 KHC courses, and 4 GE electives; and then Study.com for your 5 UL courses and civic engagement requirement; or Study.com if you just want to do everything in a single place and plan on making the most of your monthly membership there (5 courses a month).  One nice thing about Study.com is that for some LL/UL combos, it's shortened (for instance taking both Vietnam courses practically halves the number of lessons).  Presentation Skills will get you the Oral Comm requirement without actually having to do an oral presentation.  Things like that.

I think you could complete everything in 3-4 months if you went quickly; if you did your UL requirements first and then got to 100cr completed, you could sign up for the Capstone and get that done and then finish everything else quickly.

Unfortunately, I don't have my old eval, just my transcript.  

I'm still waiting for the transcript with the Women's Studies/HTML courses to be sent.  Not sure what the hold-up is TBH.  I think you are overall correct though. I will do Sophia for the LL courses, except the public speaking I will do over at Study.com.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 4 87 8 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 596 Yesterday, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,201 Yesterday, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,905 Yesterday, 12:31 AM
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 217 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 210 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,170 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  Confused Brit looking for advice BritStudent 30 1,972 04-16-2024, 08:29 AM
Last Post: allvia
  WGU Advice - Bachelor's or Master's in Education? nykorn 3 390 04-15-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,306 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM