Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lots of credits, not sure where to enroll
@dfrecore
Thank you for checking this out for me. I really appreciate all of the numbers. This is invaluable information.

Working on this. Check back in a minute

@bjcheung77
Thanks for listing all this out for me. I mostly agree, although I think a MSCS is likely to open up more career opportunities and higher pay in other companies (my company doesn't care, a masters in anything techy gets you a raise). I hadn't considered getting an AS in CS but that's a potentially good idea. It seems I would only need a few more classes to get a psych degree, though.

At the moment I'm leaning toward an online degree in CS with a concentration in big data analytics. Data analysis is huge and something I'm interested in but couldn't dream of since almost all data science jobs require a masters. I found a program linked somewhere here that looks wonderful but I'm still figuring out how the UK accredits or otherwise legitimizes certain universities.

Thanks for giving me something to think about. I have a lot to consider.
(03-05-2021, 07:11 PM)Fibrazer Wrote: I have 112 credits, mostly in psychology from a decade ago and a variety of science/math/English/humanities classes. I've since changed career paths and have thought that instead of trying to earn bachelors credits all over again, perhaps I should get a BS/BA in liberal arts, psychology or anything my credits fit into and then get a masters in my field.

I'm trying to figure out which university will accept most of my credits and which degree program I should enroll in. Is it possible for me to apply to all of the Big 3 and have my transcripts evaluated, then decide from there? I'm interested in taking ACE classes (Straighterline, Study.com, Saylor, etc) and DSST (CLEP doesn't have online proctoring) to fill in any requirements necessary.

I don't have plans of trying to gain admission to a competitive masters program. WGU is the front runner for my masters since I don't have any graduate credits and they seem to be cheap and fast for a masters with no prior credits.

I'm sorry for being so discombobulated. I'm not sure where to start and would appreciate any advice.

Thank you!

Hey, WGU and StraighterLine are both great options! I would first recommend getting a transcript evaluation from WGU, they are pretty fair with transferring over credits. Then go knock some courses out at StraighterLine, they are very affordable and will save you so much time! You can look at this link and see which courses transfer over to your degree at WGU.  https://partners.wgu.edu/Pages/Transfer....ighterline I hope this helps! Smile
So, how far have you gone with your decision to completing your remaining requirements?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I just want to say that conversations and mentoring like this thread has taught me so much. Thank you all for being so generous with your knowledge.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EeBee's post:
  • rachel83az
Have you looked into a BLS at UMPI? UMPI is a self paced program. There are 2 minors which may be of interest to you Management Information Systems and Project Management. You're in great shape for a degree there. You'd need to complete 30 credits at UMPI and most would be UL courses. The minors help fill that requirement. You'd have a few more GEC (their gen ed requirements) left to complete. The foreign language requirement can be completed at UMPI or take Spanish 1 on InstantCert - the forum host. Looks like you'll need College Algebra, Art History, and Sociology which you can complete on Sophia.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • JannikT

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 39 2,334 04-07-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: layermonkey
  Racking up Sophia Credits - What's Next? Ljanelle 5 385 03-17-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 891 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Tired of being bad at math and looking to enroll in online math classes for credit xor 9 575 02-26-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: davewill
  I finished my degree but still need 26 credits to graduate??? jesssem 8 599 02-26-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Good amount of credits, what to do next? khon 2 343 01-23-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill
  Need Help On How To Get Credit for ACE/NCCRS Credits eyrobinson 4 419 01-19-2024, 01:36 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Associate degree in CJ: easiest path with no prior credits? CM1999 2 258 01-11-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  A lot of credits trying to get a quick degree! Aehsahs 3 585 01-04-2024, 05:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Hi! Prospective law school student. Need 30-ish credits to graduate within 6 months. CaughtInTheRye12 23 1,770 12-28-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12