Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowest Cost Online Masters
(05-30-2022, 09:32 AM)mohelena02 Wrote: Then go for an MBA at UT Perman Basin - this is the lowest cost AACSB accredited MBA I can find and also in my home state.

There are many options in this price range for AACSB accredited MBA's.  If you don't have to do any of the pre-req's it's one of the lower ones though.  I'd do a little more research, because there are better schools out there for around the same amount of money.
[-] The following 2 users Like ArielB74's post:
  • mohelena02, ss20ts
(05-30-2022, 10:19 AM)freeloader Wrote: If you want to do WGU and then an AACSB MBA, I say go for it if the WGU degree will be beneficial in the short term.  A couple of thoughts:

1. Since you are in Texas, you might look at some of the other campuses in the UT and A&M systems. For in-state students, there are a number that are within $1,500-$2,000 total tuition. Might be worth it, particularly if you aren’t in the Midland Odessa area. Good place to start: https://www.geteducated.com/online-colle...mba-aacsb/

I just looked at the details for some of those TX AACSB MBAs on the list freeloader shared  - they are in your price range and the few I looked at said they can be completed in as little as one year.  It makes sense to save the money an focus on getting the MBA you want - UNLESS you can find one that will allow some of the WGU MSLM course credits to be transferred in (and even then it's only a maybe worth it, imo).
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • mohelena02
(05-30-2022, 12:17 PM)mohelena02 Wrote: It is a concern of mine not finishing the WGU MSML in one term, because that would kill my entire plan. However, I do have a good track record (finishing my BAAS in under 1 year starting with 0 credits) and I have researched that degree a lot which gives me confidence.

I agree with this 100%. In fact, you have one of the best track records. Nobody should be questioning your ability at this point. The MSML will get you to the next level inexpensively, and you will likely finish in less than six months. After that, take your time and go for any degree(s) you want, or no other degree if you decide. Also, maybe check out the unofficial discord if you haven't yet: https://discord.com/invite/unwgu
[-] The following 1 user Likes origamishuttle's post:
  • mohelena02
(05-30-2022, 03:44 PM)origamishuttle Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 12:17 PM)mohelena02 Wrote: It is a concern of mine not finishing the WGU MSML in one term, because that would kill my entire plan. However, I do have a good track record (finishing my BAAS in under 1 year starting with 0 credits) and I have researched that degree a lot which gives me confidence.

I agree with this 100%. In fact, you have one of the best track records. Nobody should be questioning your ability at this point. The MSML will get you to the next level inexpensively, and you will likely finish in less than six months. After that, take your time and go for any degree(s) you want, or no other degree if you decide. Also, maybe check out the unofficial discord if you haven't yet: https://discord.com/invite/unwgu

Thanks! Just signed up for this discord, thanks for sharing.

(05-30-2022, 03:39 PM)allvia Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 10:19 AM)freeloader Wrote: If you want to do WGU and then an AACSB MBA, I say go for it if the WGU degree will be beneficial in the short term.  A couple of thoughts:

1. Since you are in Texas, you might look at some of the other campuses in the UT and A&M systems. For in-state students, there are a number that are within $1,500-$2,000 total tuition. Might be worth it, particularly if you aren’t in the Midland Odessa area. Good place to start: https://www.geteducated.com/online-colle...mba-aacsb/

I just looked at the details for some of those TX AACSB MBAs on the list freeloader shared  - they are in your price range and the few I looked at said they can be completed in as little as one year.  It makes sense to save the money an focus on getting the MBA you want - UNLESS you can find one that will allow some of the WGU MSLM course credits to be transferred in (and even then it's only a maybe worth it, imo).

Yes, the UTPB one states on their website that you can finish in 1 year. I am in a time crunch, hence why I am pushing for the MSML. The math for the MBA makes me nervous and makes me feel like it would push me to use up more time.
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
[-] The following 1 user Likes mohelena02's post:
  • allvia
If you are going to do a MSML at WGU, I would recommend a more specialized masters after instead of an MBA. Pursue a MS in Finance, Accounting, Business Analytics, etc. Otherwise, do the MBA instead of the MSML.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThatBankDude's post:
  • mohelena02
(05-30-2022, 06:25 PM)mohelena02 Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 03:39 PM)allvia Wrote: I just looked at the details for some of those TX AACSB MBAs on the list freeloader shared  - they are in your price range and the few I looked at said they can be completed in as little as one year.  It makes sense to save the money an focus on getting the MBA you want - UNLESS you can find one that will allow some of the WGU MSLM course credits to be transferred in (and even then it's only a maybe worth it, imo).

Yes, the UTPB one states on their website that you can finish in 1 year. I am in a time crunch, hence why I am pushing for the MSML. The math for the MBA makes me nervous and makes me feel like it would push me to use up more time.

In your case low cost is key (as your post subject states), but it sounds like you're more interested in the quickest.  With that in mind now, I agree that  the WGU MSML sounds like it will most likely meet your needs the best. It will be a great deal of work, but you sound very committed to 'getting it done' (and knowing it has been done should help keep you motivated).
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • ss20ts
LSU-Shreveport has an AACSB (Double check that) for a couple of hundred dollars cheaper than UTPB but it requires exactly 10 courses whereas UTPB is 11-13 depending.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
(05-30-2022, 09:44 AM)Vle045 Wrote: Wouldn’t an MSML and an MBA have a ton of overlap?  Why not just go straight to the MBA?   What is the benefit of having both?

Not typically. MSML focuses on management and leadership. MBA's cover finance, accounting, HR, econ, management, etc. 

If one wants to go onto a doctorate some schools will waive some credits for the second master's. The other benefit is career wise. Every company isn't looking for MBAs today. They want leaders not managers because the younger generations don't respond to management the same as the older generations. They philosophies and approaches are actually pretty different.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • mohelena02
@OP, it depends on the person and what their needs are... If you're looking for an immediate bump and need that Masters right away, the MSML is an option for you. Some people can complete it in a term or less if they're working on the assessments or assignments as they do not have any other commitments. Stay the route you're going, you can get the MBA slowly and surely... Just make sure you have enough budget/finances to fund both programs. I would apply for as many bursaries, grants, scholarships, relief aid as possible...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • mohelena02
The cheapest online master is WorldQuant University - MSc in Financial Engineering!

It's FREE!!

https://www.wqu.edu/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WorldQuant_University
[-] The following 4 users Like nomaduser's post:
  • cokididwa, FastTrackDegree, mohelena02, Vle045

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 32 18,565 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ENEB to UK top up masters possible? Atoshi 1 165 04-23-2024, 11:21 AM
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 312 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 765 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  best MBA/Masters in Finance programs after UMPI? CFPhopeful 7 508 04-07-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Mjake260
  New Zealand Online Degrees doyouhowdo1 1 363 03-31-2024, 10:46 AM
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 644 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 551 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 713 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 402 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem