Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle of the MAOL/MSML - Brief Comparison
I am briefly comparing the Brandman MAOL, WGU MSML, and UMPI MAOL for content, cost, courses, completion time, etc... From viewing the information below, Brandman/UMass Global is a very good choice as it provides an optional "Project Management" track that is 1 course less than the Standard track... cost should be cheaper than the UMPI option, as it would be $6000 for 6 months at UMPI.

Brandman/UMASS Global MAOL $3500/6 month
Curriculum: Project Management Track (3 courses) or Standard track is the same 4 as UMPI (course numbers differ)
Link: https://www.brandman.edu/academic-progra...ip-my-path

WGU MSML $4,180/6 month
Curriculum: https://www.wgu.edu/content/dam/western-...s/MSML.pdf
Link: https://www.wgu.edu/online-business-degr...ogram.html

UMPI MAOL $2000/session (8 weeks)
Curriculum: https://www.umpi.edu/wp-content/uploads/...1/MAOL.pdf
Link: https://www.umpi.edu/yourpace/maol/

BTW, are there any other degree providers with similar pricing or course content and course load?  Any other recommendations besides these?  I am not going to compare other competency based degrees for an MBA or MIT, etc.  I would like to compare more "apples" to "apples" with similar MAOL/MSML options.  Thanks
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-19-2021, 02:37 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I am briefly comparing the Brandman MAOL, WGU MSML, and UMPI MAOL for content, cost, courses, completion time, etc... From viewing the information below, Brandman/UMass Global is a very good choice as it provides an optional "Project Management" track that is 1 course less than the Standard track... cost should be cheaper than the UMPI option, as it would be $6000 for 6 months at UMPI.

Brandman/UMASS Global MAOL $3500/6 month
Curriculum: Project Management Track (3 courses) or Standard track is the same 4 as UMPI (course numbers differ)
Link: https://www.brandman.edu/academic-progra...ip-my-path

WGU MSML $4,180/6 month
Curriculum: https://www.wgu.edu/content/dam/western-...s/MSML.pdf
Link: https://www.wgu.edu/online-business-degr...ogram.html

UMPI MAOL $2000/session (8 weeks)
Curriculum: https://www.umpi.edu/wp-content/uploads/...1/MAOL.pdf
Link: https://www.umpi.edu/yourpace/maol/

BTW, are there any other degree providers with similar pricing or course content and course load?  Any other recommendations besides these?  I am not going to compare other competency based degrees for an MBA or MIT, etc.  I would like to compare more "apples" to "apples" with similar MAOL/MSML options.  Thanks

Actually the Brandman/UMass Global MAOL does not have the Project management track open to anyone except those who completed a certificate program in project management at the University of California at Irvine. The only track open to everyone is the Standard Track. I called and asked about it because my interest in moving into project management as my career. 

Students complete one of the three tracks in Domain 3; 1) Standard Track; 2) Military Track for eligible military and veterans only; and, 3) Project Management Track for students who have completed the UC, Irvine Extension Project Management Certificate.

This is the certificate required to complete the project management track. It's over 3 grand.

https://ce.uci.edu/areas/business_mgmt/project_mgmt/
Decide against HAU MBA?
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
does Brandman allow it to be completed in one term?
(03-19-2021, 03:13 PM)cerich67 Wrote: Decide against HAU MBA?

I think a bunch of people are because HAU expects 6 hours of live web conferencing every week
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
(03-19-2021, 06:53 PM)Thorne Wrote:

I think a bunch of people are because HAU expects 6 hours of live web conferencing every week
I got the distinct impression in my talks that most Thurs won't happen. Either way, even if the two sessions of 3 hrs a week happen, based on the syllabus for my first course, it's replacing some writing. There is much less of that then I expected, much less than either TESU critical literacy or the business capstone.

Plus, the option big doing some courses as GS is on the table as well if you request.

Truthfully, I think it will be fun, I raced thru my BSBA and a slower pace with more interaction will be a nice change.

Did I mention it's the deal of the century as well? 3 k for a RA non profit school MBA. Doing a competency MBA you can do somewhat close for price, but are going to be writing and studying that more than makes up for HAU having one and maybe 2, 3 hr meetings a week is my thinking.
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
(03-19-2021, 08:18 PM)cerich67 Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 06:53 PM)Thorne Wrote:

I got the distinct impression in my talks that most Thurs won't happen. Either way, even if the two sessions of 3 hrs a week happen, based on the syllabus for my first course, it's replacing some writing. There is much less of that then I expected, much less than either TESU critical literacy or the business capstone.

Plus, the option big doing some courses as GS is on the table as well if you request.

Truthfully, I think it will be fun, I raced thru my BSBA and a slower pace with more interaction will be a nice change.

Did I mention it's the deal of the century as well? 3 k for a RA non profit school MBA. Doing a competency MBA you can do somewhat close for price, but are going to be writing and studying that more than makes up for HAU having one and maybe 2, 3 hr meetings a week is my thinking.

I mentioned on DI that I'd probably do the HAU MBA if a) they had slots left at $3k and b) if they accepted my NACES-evaluated ENEB credits to cover the things I never want to ever do again in a classroom, like Accounting and FinMa
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
(03-19-2021, 05:28 PM)arad Wrote: does Brandman allow it to be completed in one term?

From my conversations with Brandman, it's not a degree that can be completed in 1 term. The capstone alone is 30-40 pages. I was told it's usually a minimum of 18 months to complete the degree.
(03-19-2021, 05:28 PM)arad Wrote: does Brandman allow it to be completed in one term?

It may be possible to finish the program in one term if you try hard... If you are a full time student and not working and/or have nothing to do, practically no life except for studying and completing assignments, you can try it - otherwise, I would expect someone who is "quick" with assignments, testing, whatever, be able to finish it in a minimum of 2 terms. This pretty much goes for any competency based degree program, it all depends on the persons capabilities and previous knowledge...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Has anyone started the UMPI or Brandman MAOL yet?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MAOL Advice - UMPI/Brandman ashkir 13 2,383 02-26-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: KSoul
  UMPI MAOL vs WGU MSML? Jwheels27 29 4,917 06-04-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Starting my WGU MSML Oct 1st mohelena02 33 5,043 04-06-2023, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  WGU MSML and MBA Sb2013 11 1,796 03-06-2023, 01:17 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Accepted into WGU MSML and UTPB MBA mohelena02 11 1,537 08-28-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Cowabunga Dude
  WGU MSML vs UMPI MOAL vs UMass MOAL mohelena02 4 1,802 06-20-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  UMASS Global MAOL jb0433 19 2,921 05-04-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Switching from MBA to MSML program wgu? Mikevalek 11 6,858 07-20-2021, 02:15 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Does WGU give a discount for getting an MBA if you already have an MSML? Clepking100 6 1,352 04-07-2021, 01:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Recent wgu msml review - 6 month masters Clepking100 4 2,269 02-27-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Clepking100