Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowest cost online MBA's (USA or Abroad)
(02-01-2021, 10:09 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I agree. It is archaic and hypocritical. And, if you skim the AIU brochure, it says that you must pay the fees by snail mail and/or bank draft. For most Americans, I think a bank draft adds another $50-200. There's the fee for the bank draft + the fee for something like Express Mail to ensure that it's delivered to the intended recipient...

I get that a lot of people in India don't have bank accounts but I would think that most foreigners or Indians with foreign degrees would have access to a credit/debit card and/or direct bank transfers!

That sounds a bit... suspect.  Confused
well, thanks to this thread, I just applied for the 3K MBA at Hellenic American..

Let's see if I get in.
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 2 users Like cerich67's post:
  • monchevy, rachel83az
(02-01-2021, 10:09 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I agree. It is archaic and hypocritical. And, if you skim the AIU brochure, it says that you must pay the fees by snail mail and/or bank draft. For most Americans, I think a bank draft adds another $50-200. There's the fee for the bank draft + the fee for something like Express Mail to ensure that it's delivered to the intended recipient...

Well... that's not all. 

Any documents submitted as part of the equivalence application alsop have to be authenticated by an Indian Mission Abroad.

Which is weird, because India is a member of the Hague Convention, so you would think an apostille would be good enough for them. But nooooo....
(02-01-2021, 11:59 AM)Zardoz Wrote:

Well... that's not all. 

Any documents submitted as part of the equivalence application alsop have to be authenticated by an Indian Mission Abroad.

Which is weird, because India is a member of the Hague Convention, so you would think an apostille would be good enough for them. But nooooo....

Yikes. All of this pretty much puts a halt to any hopes of an inexpensive degree from India if they require the AIU to become involved. I don't think they all do but that's still an annoyance to check for.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I'm sorry to drag the thread back into this direction, but...  Big Grin

Lovely Professional University (LPU) is a Private University situated on the outskirts of Jalandhar, Punjab. It is the largest single-campus university in India, with more than 30,000 students, over 4000 faculties and staff, offering more than 200 programs. Recognized by UGC and is also a member of AIU.
[-] The following 1 user Likes monchevy's post:
  • rachel83az
(02-01-2021, 12:18 PM)monchevy Wrote: I'm sorry to drag the thread back into this direction, but...  Big Grin

Lovely Professional University (LPU) is a Private University situated on the outskirts of Jalandhar, Punjab. It is the largest single-campus university in India, with more than 30,000 students, over 4000 faculties and staff, offering more than 200 programs. Recognized by UGC and is also a member of AIU.

Friends University in Wichita, Kansas. That's a laugher, especially since I didn't find the show funny at all Smile ...

I see you didn't touch Johns Hopkins University though Tongue
(02-01-2021, 01:10 PM)eLearner Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 12:18 PM)monchevy Wrote: I'm sorry to drag the thread back into this direction, but...  Big Grin

Friends University in Wichita, Kansas. That's a laugher, especially since I didn't find the show funny at all Smile ...

I see you didn't touch Johns Hopkins University though Tongue

I didn't touch it because it's already well known and respected, so no recruiter would have to look it up to see if it's legit!

Isn't Friends University a Quaker school? Even so, it's not the best name, is it?
(02-01-2021, 01:17 PM)monchevy Wrote: I didn't touch it because it's already well known and respected, so no recruiter would have to look it up to see if it's legit!

Isn't Friends University a Quaker school? Even so, it's not the best name, is it?

Oh, I thought the aim was to jab at schools with unappealing names regardless of status.

Friends is a Quaker school. They are famous for their "Singing Quakers" choir.
(02-01-2021, 01:24 PM)eLearner Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 01:17 PM)monchevy Wrote: I didn't touch it because it's already well known and respected, so no recruiter would have to look it up to see if it's legit!

Oh, I thought the aim was to jab at schools with unappealing names regardless of status.

Friends is a Quaker school. They are famous for their "Singing Quakers" choir.

Unappealing "people name" schools that sound fake on your CV! Like "Alice Lloyd College" but not "Baylor University." I mean, who at first glance would take "Bob Jones University" seriously on an application? But "Sarah Lawrence College," on the other hand, doesn't have that effect. 

It's a delicate balance...  Big Grin
(02-01-2021, 08:27 AM)eLearner Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 08:12 AM)Zardoz Wrote:
(01-29-2021, 03:36 PM)theedude Wrote: Manipal University Jaipur, India ($412 per semester, $1647 for full MBA):
www.onlinemanipal.com

MUJ looks good, but as always, there is a catch.

Holders of degrees awarded by non-Indian universities will need to submit an Equivalence Certificate obtained from the AIU (Association of Indian Universities). 

And this will only work for B&M degrees.... since the AIU states in its info brochure:

DEGREES AWARDED BY THE FOREIGN UNIVERSITIES FOR STUDIES UNDERTAKEN THROUGH OPEN/DISTANCE/CORRESPONDENCE / ONLINE/VIRTUAL MODE etc: 61. As of now, the AIU does NOT accord Equivalence to such foreign degrees that have been obtained for studies undertaken through open/distance/correspondence/online/virtual modes(s) etc ;

So unfortunately, until the AIU changes its policy, people with online bachelors degrees are SOL.

Of course, the only way to know for sure with these kinds of things is to actually submit a Big Three or UMPI degree for evaluation and see what they come back with.

Maybe I'm missing something, but if you live in the United States and you get a degree from Manipal, couldn't you just submit your records to a NACES evaluator like you would with any other foreign degree in order to establish validity?
Many Indian universities will not accept for enrollment any non-Indian living outside of India.  There are private schools that will, but none of the State schools will, to my knowledge.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 31 18,482 7 hours ago
Last Post: walruspanda
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 303 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Zealand Online Degrees doyouhowdo1 1 361 03-31-2024, 10:46 AM
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 643 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 551 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 706 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 401 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 598 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
Question Cheapest online master's degree in *anything?* profstudent 26 4,924 02-18-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: ITdegree
  Teesside University has some interesting Masters programs that cost around 9k USD nyvrem 5 634 02-17-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Tomas