Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowest cost online MBA's (USA or Abroad)
(02-01-2021, 11:18 AM)cerich67 Wrote: well, thanks to this thread, I just applied for the 3K MBA at Hellenic American..

Let's see if I get in.

Well, to my somewhat surprise, I heard back and it looks like I shall be starting the MBA program on March 29th at the start of HAU's 2nd spring semester at the special rate! Considering I will graduate mid March with TESU, that worked out well.

I had been sure I would take the WGU route and try and accelerate, which I was fairly confident I would be able to do after doing my TESU BSBA in 8 months and 3 days from next to zero (only had the 2 credit ethics from institute before started the Sophia/SDC and Corner/capstone at TESU route), but while confident, also wasn't sure I wanted to tie up another 6 months of 3-5 hrs a day and 16-24 hours every weekend on schoolwork.

Not only is this a great price and savings, the syllabus looks interesting, I am feeling like I will get some time to breath and continue to work towards the MBA with a better family/work/school balance.

While some may be put off by the lack of  AACSB or ACBSP accreditation, at 53, owning my own business and no illusions nor desire to chase the fortune 500 career track, a RA accreditation alone more than works for my goals.

Once more, DegreeForum showed me a path and way forward with my education, thank you! I will post how the program is and whatever would not be a violation of the students code of conduct as I go along.
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 7 users Like cerich67's post:
  • eLearner, jch, Leedeedee, monchevy, rachel83az, StoicJ, tussive
Big Grin 
(02-01-2021, 01:56 PM)monchevy Wrote: It's a delicate balance...  Big Grin

Of course, MMV, but I think sometimes the more delicate the person, the more delicate the balance  Tongue
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
(02-01-2021, 05:31 PM)StoicJ Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 01:56 PM)monchevy Wrote: It's a delicate balance...  Big Grin

Of course, MMV, but I think sometimes the more delicate the person, the more delicate the balance  Tongue

I HAVE STANDARDS FOR SILLINESS.  Tongue
cerich67 Wrote:Well, to my somewhat surprise, I heard back and it looks like I shall be starting the MBA program on March 29th at the start of HAU's 2nd spring semester at the special rate! Considering I will graduate mid March with TESU, that worked out well.

I had been sure I would take the WGU route and try and accelerate, which I was fairly confident I would be able to do after doing my TESU BSBA in 8 months and 3 days from next to zero (only had the 2 credit ethics from institute before started the Sophia/SDC and Corner/capstone at TESU route), but while confident, also wasn't sure I wanted to tie up another 6 months of 3-5 hrs a day and 16-24 hours every weekend on schoolwork.

Not only is this a great price and savings, the syllabus looks interesting, I am feeling like I will get some time to breath and continue to work towards the MBA with a better family/work/school balance.

While some may be put off by the lack of  AACSB or ACBSP accreditation, at 53, owning my own business and no illusions nor desire to chase the fortune 500 career track, a RA accreditation alone more than works for my goals.

Once more, DegreeForum showed me a path and way forward with my education, thank you! I will post how the program is and whatever would not be a violation of the students code of conduct as I go along.

That was amazingly fast on their end, wow, a day to process your application... This program was mentioned on the sister board and I commented on the AACSB/ACBSP, you really don't need to worry about having the programmatic/secondary accreditation at all, it's a good to have option and RA is sufficient enough. For $3K, it's a steal in many ways! Sister Forum Link: https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...ity.57785/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-01-2021, 06:46 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
cerich67 Wrote:Well, to my somewhat surprise, I heard back and it looks like I shall be starting the MBA program on March 29th at the start of HAU's 2nd spring semester at the special rate! Considering I will graduate mid March with TESU, that worked out well.

That was amazingly fast on their end, wow, a day to process your application...  This program was mentioned on the sister board and I commented on the AACSB/ACBSP, you really don't need to worry about having the programmatic/secondary accreditation at all, it's a good to have option and RA is sufficient enough.  For $3K, it's a steal in many ways!  Sister Forum Link: https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...ity.57785/
Yes, I sent in everything around 9 and heard back but 3:30, with an apology for taking so long.. which was unwarranted IMHO.

I am really looking forward to it, and quite excited. It really is an amazing price and really happy it was mentioned here this weekend or I would have had no idea. I am more than satisfied with RA only for the program..it will suit my needs well. Provided I manage to finish it, I am sure I will spend more time explaining that it is a very small , fairly new university that is RA and located in New Hampshire and Greece than I will be about any AACSB or ACBSP accreditation. I'm good with that. I am a Canadian that lives in the US, who formerly lived in the Caymans so me having schools or experiences that don't perfectly align with what people are used to is...dare I say "normal"
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cerich67's post:
  • monchevy
(02-01-2021, 03:49 PM)cerich67 Wrote: Not only is this a great price and savings, the syllabus looks interesting, I am feeling like I will get some time to breath and continue to work towards the MBA with a better family/work/school balance.

It does look like a good program, and it sure seems like a bargain. I'm glad that you got in before the deadline! 

Keep us posted on the program.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
[-] The following 2 users Like StoicJ's post:
  • cerich67, monchevy
(02-01-2021, 12:12 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 11:59 AM)Zardoz Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 10:09 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I agree. It is archaic and hypocritical. And, if you skim the AIU brochure, it says that you must pay the fees by snail mail and/or bank draft. For most Americans, I think a bank draft adds another $50-200. There's the fee for the bank draft + the fee for something like Express Mail to ensure that it's delivered to the intended recipient...

Well... that's not all. 

Any documents submitted as part of the equivalence application alsop have to be authenticated by an Indian Mission Abroad.

Which is weird, because India is a member of the Hague Convention, so you would think an apostille would be good enough for them. But nooooo....

Yikes. All of this pretty much puts a halt to any hopes of an inexpensive degree from India if they require the AIU to become involved. I don't think they all do but that's still an annoyance to check for.

They don't. Assam Don Bosco University doesn't require it. They are also described as a "state private" school.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eLearner's post:
  • rachel83az
(02-01-2021, 07:45 PM)StoicJ Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 03:49 PM)cerich67 Wrote: Not only is this a great price and savings, the syllabus looks interesting, I am feeling like I will get some time to breath and continue to work towards the MBA with a better family/work/school balance.

It does look like a good program, and it sure seems like a bargain. I'm glad that you got in before the deadline! 

Will do, yesterday I got an email telling me it all looked great and send a picture for the student ID and that it was coded for the scholarship price. I just received the official admission letter via email.

I'm excited, from learning about the school and the scholarship, to applying to officially accepted in 2 days basically. 

One thing that everyone that who is looking at stuff posted here is that sometimes there are things that users post that are fantastic opportunities and the timelines are tight, but it's worth jumping thru the hoops to take advantage of.

It was me seeing here on one of my every few years visits because I wanted to do a degree and seeing about Sophia that got me actually started and going like mad to get as many of the Sophia done during the free window as I could. It saved me a fortune. It was here I heard about the TESU residential waiver fee increase going up and saving me $400 by paying the day before it went up, it was here I heard about the SDC and TESU program closing making me start with SDC while still trying to tear thru Sophia which wasn't exactly my plan but saved me about $800 and it was here that I got the sage advice to enroll with a TECEP and lock in, which I did, that allowed me to feel really safe when TESU changed the amount of non RA transfer credits allowed as mine were already in and on my plan evaluation.

Now, I am getting a MBA program from a RA school for an unheard of $3,000 .. thank you DegreeForum!

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 2 users Like cerich67's post:
  • monchevy, rachel83az
(02-02-2021, 10:20 AM)cerich67 Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 07:45 PM)StoicJ Wrote:

Will do, yesterday I got an email telling me it all looked great and send a picture for the student ID and that it was coded for the scholarship price. I just received the official admission letter via email.

I'm excited, from learning about the school and the scholarship, to applying to officially accepted in 2 days basically. 

One thing that everyone that who is looking at stuff posted here is that sometimes there are things that users post that are fantastic opportunities and the timelines are tight, but it's worth jumping thru the hoops to take advantage of.

It was me seeing here on one of my every few years visits because I wanted to do a degree and seeing about Sophia that got me actually started and going like mad to get as many of the Sophia done during the free window as I could. It saved me a fortune. It was here I heard about the TESU residential waiver fee increase going up and saving me $400 by paying the day before it went up, it was here I heard about the SDC and TESU program closing making me start with SDC while still trying to tear thru Sophia which wasn't exactly my plan but saved me about $800 and it was here that I got the sage advice to enroll with a TECEP and lock in, which I did, that allowed me to feel really safe when TESU changed the amount of non RA transfer credits allowed as mine were already in and on my plan evaluation.

Now, I am getting a MBA program from a RA school for an unheard of $3,000 .. thank you DegreeForum!

SAME!!! In June 2020, I was 56 with no degree and no prospects of earning one. Then I read here about the free Sophia offer, and also CSMLearn (without which I NEVER could have passed any math class). Now, only 7 months later, I have enough credits (75) to be halfway through the junior year of my bachelor's at APUS, with all 30 gen ed and 27 elective credits costing a grand total of $39. I've also covered many of my major credits with cheap CC classes and SDC.

Couldn't have done it without this board.
[-] The following 2 users Like monchevy's post:
  • cerich67, collegechick
The University of the People and Harvard Business School are doing some sort of thing togather
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases...20387.html

The University of the People and Harvard Business School are doing some sort of thing together
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases...20387.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 306 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 314 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 495 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 267 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 23 14,337 03-03-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 496 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
Question Cheapest online master's degree in *anything?* profstudent 26 4,015 02-18-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: ITdegree
  Teesside University has some interesting Masters programs that cost around 9k USD nyvrem 5 522 02-17-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  German University of Digital Science (100% online, non-profit) Voldigoad 11 1,657 02-15-2024, 04:44 PM
  MIT University just released free online courses. KSoul 0 423 02-14-2024, 04:33 AM
Last Post: KSoul