Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Need advice on cheap school to obtain MBA pre reqs
I already have a master's degree in another field that is healthcare oriented so I don't have the four necessary prerequisite courses my MBA program wants. macro, accounting 1, business stats, and financial management. I checked with the school and they won't accept ACE credits so I'm looking for an online school that is accredited and affordable that will let me take courses as a non matriculated student.
MSN-Nursing- Western Governor's University (In Progress)
BSN- Nursing- Western Governor's University
ASN- Nursing- Excelsior 
AAS- Emergency Medical Technology-Paramedic- Erie Community College
BS- Biochemistry- University at Buffalo

CLEP
Intro Psych, Intro Soc, College Composition, A&I Literature

ALEKS

Beg Alg, Int Alg, College Alg, Intro to stats

Geneva College
Intro to stats

Uexcel
Essentials of Nursing Care: Health Safety
Essentials of Nursing Care: Health Differences
Foundations in Nursing Practice
Transition to the Professional Nurse Role
Reproductive Health
Health Differences Across the Life Span 1
Health Differences Across the Life Span 2
Health Differences Across the Life Span 3
Focused Clinical Competency Assessment
Microbiology
College Writing

Torah College

Information Literacy
(07-01-2019, 02:32 AM)heinzmoleman Wrote: I already have a master's degree in another field that is healthcare oriented so I don't have the four necessary prerequisite courses my MBA program wants. macro, accounting 1, business stats, and financial management. I checked with the school and they won't accept ACE credits so I'm looking for an online school that is accredited and affordable that will let me take courses as a non matriculated student.
BYU independent study.
Clovis CC (NM) - http://www.clovis.edu and New Mexico Jr College - https://www.nmjc.edu/ are the most affordable options for RA credits that would meet the criteria.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

CSU Global CBE might be a possibility. CSU calls it "non-resident credit" so you'd definitely want to check with the school before using them.

https://csuglobal.edu/undergraduate/alte...ssessments
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
If those are courses and they are just basic 100 level courses, I'd just go with a CC.

Also, check if they accept CLEP because or DSST because you could also earn them through that way if they take them.
1) I would check with your school specifically for CLEP and DSST, as many schools that won't take ACE will take these.  You can CLEP Macroecon & Financial Accounting, and DSST has Principles of Finance and Principles of Statistics.  This will be by far your fastest options (and probably cheapest).

2) I would check with your school to see if they offer test-out options for these - when I talked to the person at ENMU a couple of years ago, for their MBA pre-reqs, they had the option of testing out with their own exams, for free.

3) UExcel has Macroecon, Finance, & Accounting for $110/exam, and they are graded and put on an EC transcript (I think).  They don't have Business Stats, but they do have an UL Quantitative Analysis course that might work (also $110).  I would check with your college first before taking them.

4) Check your local CC for better pricing

5) I would look at a CC - Rio Salado is more expensive than the other NM CC's because they have rolling start dates - so you can start any Monday, with a choice of 8-week or 14-week schedules, rather than being tied to a semester schedule. $215/cr for out of state, or $127.50/cr if you live in a WUE state.

6) BYU-IS has Financial Management, Econ (not macro specifically, 12-week minimum), Accounting/Financial Accounting, and Stats (not Business) for $579/course.  They are normally self-paced, with a 3-week minimum.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Some school will take Ivysoft for those courses.
It’s a fast way to get them done.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,486 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 9 581 04-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,716 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 244 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 666 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Cheap Self-Paced Language Courses or courses IN said languages? nykorn 4 458 12-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Burnout advice anewmanx 13 2,591 11-18-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 512 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Canada's Newest Medical School - Opening 2026 at SFU bjcheung77 1 339 11-01-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Brown Medical School withdraws from U.S. News rankings allvia 2 457 10-30-2023, 09:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77