Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luna community college
I want to know how many credits can be transferred to Luna CC. I need an advice I'm searching on the website and I can not find where is this info located.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
99% of all CC's require 25% credits from them for a degree.  I bet 75% can be transferred in.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

(06-30-2019, 07:42 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote: 99% of all CC's require 25% credits from them for a degree.  I bet 75% can be transferred in.

I will.have to contact them to see, because I read that the online complete online degree they offer is business administration, other degree courses are 49% online and the other half is face to face class. Huh

In progress:
Completed:
Most people get started on their Associates at the Community College and try to finish it there. But people rarely transfer into a community college. What are you trying to do? Are you trying to get an associate in Business Admin or something for cheap/easy/fast and then ladder up to a Bachelors? If they don't offer what you need, you may want to go check out NJMC instead, or if you will be doing a degree entirely online/remotely, maybe one of the Big 3 would be for you...

Can't type, it's NMJC. Or if you prefer, another option would be Clovis Community College instead of Luna... I believe all three are from or in New Mexico.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
From the catalog:

Quote:3. Transfer credit may be used toward graduation requirements as recommended by the academic department, with the following requirements and/or guidelines:

a. A cumulative GPA for all courses accepted in transfer and for those used to meet graduation requirements (excluding general education core courses) must equal 2.0 or higher.

b. Fifteen (15) credit hours required in the major field and counted toward an associate degree (not including general education courses) shall be earned at LCC.

c. Nine (9) credit hours required in the major field and counted toward a certificate shall be earned at LCC. A minimum of twelve (12) credit hours for, Business Management Certificate. 
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • suzycupcake
Yep, consider NMJC, Clovis Community College, and others instead. Luna CC's accreditation was questionable not that long ago. Also Luna's online classes require you to attend sessions at specific times on specific days, which seems pretty inflexible. They don't have as many courses to choose from either.

Clovis Community College, has an associate degree in Information Technology, but i want to know if what is stated on their website is true.

"CCC offers nine different Certificates of Achievement in a wide range of industry-recognized certifications"

Example: A+, N+, Security+, CCNA, MS-Server-administrator

Is this included in the tuition price or are this certificate paid separate?

Sources:
https://www.clovis.edu/cis/
https://www.clovis.edu/cis/networking.aspx

In progress:
Completed:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,092 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,350 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 197 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 310 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 622 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 178 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 199 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  5 institutions paying fine plus how much college costs in every state bjcheung77 1 188 01-25-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: inor