Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BAS UMPI Degree Planning Questions
Smile 
Hello everyone, firstly i want to say thank you to the community here if it wasn't for the kind souls who have documented their way to these degrees and come back to share any insights they had found i would have never taken the leap to pursue college and get myself a degree.

I am currently planning to pursue the BAS at UMPI in Cybersecurity or Management information systems, I have already applied to pierpont for the BOG AAS (1/3/24 Still waiting on letter or email of login) and I'm beginning to plan for my Bachelors more in depth.

My current plan is to follow the transcript of another poster who went for the BAS in MIS to fulfil my general ed requirements and finish the other technical credits on TEEX and the remaining on Sophia.

I am most interested in a CyberSecurity degree however i haven't come across anyone on the forum who has done that so i am unsure if it can be completed in the way i am hoping it can, alternatively Management information systems would satisfy me as well.
In addition i would like to explore the possibility of an add on Associates through UMPI in Business, However i am not fully aware of how this process with the BAS or with any Associates works with YourPace.  

I was hoping some of you might be able to help me find some clarity here while i move towards the bachelors and perhaps give me a fair warning to correct my plan if anything seems to not work out how i am envisioning it.

[b]Your Location:[/b] Southern California 
[b]Your Age: [/b]23
[b]What kind of degree do you want?: [/b]CyberSecurity and/or Business 
[b]Current Regional Accredited Credits:[/b]

ASU - First Google Course 1cr RA

[b]Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits:[/b] 

Coursera:
Google IT Support - 15cr
Google Marketing - 9cr

TEEX:
Cyber Ethics - 1cr
Foundations of cyber crime - 2cr
Cybersecurity for everyone - 5cr

Saylor:
College Success - 1cr

Sophia:
Visual Communications - 3cr
Intro to IT - 3cr
Intro to Web Development - 3cr
Intro to Nutrition - 3cr
Intro to ethics - 3cr
Intro to Business - 3cr
Business Communication - 3cr
Developing effective teams - 1
Essentials of managing conflict - 1cr
Ancient Greek Philosophers - 3cr
Macroeconomics -3cr

TOTAL CREDITS: 63

Budget: 2,000 a semester out of pocket is within reason
Commitments: Work fulltime 40hrs a week otherwise entirely free to dedicate my time to this 
Dedicated time to study: 2-4hrs per week day and 6-8hrs a day on the weekends
Timeline: would like to finish by the end of the year
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: 2,500 reimbursement a semester after providing a transcript of a passed class and receipt through work
Degree:
Pierpont - BOG Information Systems
Certs:
TEEX - Cybersecurity
Google - IT/Marketing
Edx - Digital Asset Management/Workplace Diversity
Uni of SC - Leadership in Hospitality
Credits:
Sophia/Saylor/Coursera/CSM/ASU/TEEX
@Chimera, Great post with the addendum and template, plus extra details.  Basically, this is a continuation of what you're working on, BOG AAS to BAS MIS... I've updated your previous thread where I merged your questions with some extra advice: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-Apply-Now

You can do the following, Coursera/TEEX/Sophia.org to get the Business/Technical credits required for both the BOG AAS, UMPI AALS, and then ladder that towards the UMPI BAS MIS and Cybersecurity Minors.  Even though Cybersecurity is not a Your Pace program, you can transfer in the bulk of the credits and just do the MIS minor for residency purposes.

Required Classes: Cybersecurity Minor http://catalog.umpi.edu/preview_program....nto=search
UMPI AALS requirements: https://www.umpi.edu/files/academics/pro...ies_AA.pdf

You'll end up with a Pierpont BOG AAS Info Systems, UMPI AALS Business Admin or General Business concentration, BAS Cybersecurity & MIS Minors
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-22-2024, 01:58 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Chimera, Great post with the addendum and template, plus extra details.  Basically, this is a continuation of what you're working on, BOG AAS to BAS MIS... I've updated your previous thread where I merged your questions with some extra advice: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-Apply-Now

You can do the following, Coursera/TEEX/Sophia.org to get the Business/Technical credits required for both the BOG AAS, UMPI AALS, and then ladder that towards the UMPI BAS MIS and Cybersecurity Minors.  Even though Cybersecurity is not a Your Pace program, you can transfer in the bulk of the credits and just do the MIS minor for residency purposes.

Required Classes: Cybersecurity Minor http://catalog.umpi.edu/preview_program....nto=search
UMPI AALS requirements: https://www.umpi.edu/files/academics/pro...ies_AA.pdf

You'll end up with a Pierpont BOG AAS Info Systems, UMPI AALS Business Admin or General Business concentration, BAS Cybersecurity & MIS Minors

Thank you for the reply, 
So if i understand you correctly i would continue to finish ACE credits while i wait for the BOG graduation then apply for the BAS with double minors in Cybersecurity and MIS then add the AALS in business administration as an additional degree ?

The associates requirements would be fulfilled by ACE credits and the BAS without any additional classes
And then the two minors together would equate to about 30 credits combined at UMPI ?

Does the BAS have the cost of YourPace or is it a different cost structure ? Ive looked into it but am still unsure.
Or would i be applying for the BLS in MIS and adding the BAS and AALS on and completing the BAS under the Resident Tuition Pricing
Degree:
Certs:
TEEX - Cybersecurity
Google - IT/Marketing
Credits:
Chimera Wrote:Thank you for the reply, 
So if i understand you correctly i would continue to finish ACE credits while i wait for the BOG graduation then apply for the BAS with double minors in Cybersecurity and MIS then add the AALS in business administration as an additional degree ?

The associates requirements would be fulfilled by ACE credits and the BAS without any additional classes
And then the two minors together would equate to about 30 credits combined at UMPI ?

Does the BAS have the cost of YourPace or is it a different cost structure ? Ive looked into it but am still unsure.
Or would i be applying for the BLS in MIS and adding the BAS and AALS on and completing the BAS under the Resident Tuition Pricing

1) Yes, complete the BOG AAS, while waiting, continue with more Sophia.org classes/Coursera/TEEX technical classes
2) BOG AAS & UMPI AALS will be complete with all the classes you take towards the BAS MIS for residency purposes
3) Your UMPI 30 credit residency are for the MIS and other classes, I mentioned above you transfer all the Cybersecurity if possible
4) BAS is not a Your Pace program, but you're taking all the classes from Your Pace, thus it's only $1500/session
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
It would be great if you could get the Cybersecurity minor, although I'm not sure where all the transfers would come from.

Here are the requirements:
http://catalog.umpi.edu/preview_program....turnto=225

Do you have a plan for this?
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
The Cyber Security minor is not currently available in YourPace. You'd have to take all of the courses elsewhere and transfer them in. It would also have to be your second minor in order to do this. Your first minor needs to have at least 9 credits completed at UMPI.
(02-22-2024, 07:02 AM)origamishuttle Wrote: It would be great if you could get the Cybersecurity minor, although I'm not sure where all the transfers would come from.

Here are the requirements:
http://catalog.umpi.edu/preview_program....turnto=225

Do you have a plan for this?

according to the UMPI equivalency page for Credly/ACE and Study these can be easy to get 
Cos 101 Computer Science - Intro to networking from Sophia
Cos 110 Programming fundamentals - Programming with Python from Sophia
Cos 210 Introduction to Information Security - Defensive security from Study
Cos 440 Network Security  - Network Forensics from study

the remaining requirements  would be 
Cos 232 Intro to Cyber Forensics

and one of the following 
Cos 290 Special Topics
Cos 340 Computer Security
Cos 410 Cyber Security 1
Cos 485  Cybersecurity Capstone

I'm Curious of any TEEX/IBM/ASU Universal learners or Any other courses could be transferred in to fulfill these
Degree:
Certs:
TEEX - Cybersecurity
Google - IT/Marketing
Credits:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BLS Degree Options Question dm.hans32 3 182 Yesterday, 10:17 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,340 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 422 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 305 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
  BLS Management Minor Degree Plan mohelena02 4 392 04-12-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: mohelena02
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 281 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 406 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 12 1,557 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 96 62,451 04-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  Am I on the right path for any BLS degree rme1987 11 515 03-27-2024, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Hotdogman1