Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MBA International University of Malaya-Wales
A collaboration between the University of Wales Trinity Saint David and Universiti Malaya.
Duration: 1.5 years
Total fees: Local and International: MYR 16,400, or approximately 3800 USD
https://www.iumw.edu.my/admissions/fees/
Website: https://www.iumw.edu.my/courses/mba-open...rning-odl/
Brochure: https://www.iumw.edu.my/wp-content/uploa...e-2022.pdf
In Progress:
BS Statistics + BS Physics, Indonesia, 2023
MSc ML/AI (LJMU, UK), 2022
Completed:
PGDip ML/AI (IIITB, India), 2021
BE Civil Engineering, Universitas Pelita Harapan, 2017
Wow, this looks great! I skimmed their website and that's the only online program they have, the rest are part/time or full/time on campus. Amazing deal if you would like a UK based degree, it will rival those that are "top up" in both price and courses taught, probably the course structure would be very good as well. 

It's not just the cost that's appealing, but the courses are interesting as well. I see they have two projects... As mentioned by Johann (on the sister board)... If those who want an international MBA this would be my choice, those looking for just an US MBA, the $3K HAU would be the ticket!

Link: https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...ost-567922
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I looked at the admissions application (which is remarkably brief) and in one section you are asked to choose your "Programme of Interest."  I thought there might be a couple MBA concentrations on the drop-down but instead I found a whole range of programs (28) including a number of doctoral degrees.  I didn't check but I assume these are all available at a similar low rate.  If this is true then this school might soon become quite a bit more popular.
(04-27-2022, 11:28 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Wow, this looks great! I skimmed their website and that's the only online program they have, the rest are part/time or full/time on campus. Amazing deal if you would like a UK based degree, it will rival those that are "top up" in both price and courses taught, probably the course structure would be very good as well. 

It's not just the cost that's appealing, but the courses are interesting as well. I see they have two projects... As mentioned by Johann (on the sister board)... If those who want an international MBA this would be my choice, those looking for just an US MBA, the $3K HAU would be the ticket!

HAU is an international focused MBA, I even have taken 3 courses taught from the Athens Campus.
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
(04-27-2022, 08:54 PM)Alpha Wrote: I looked at the admissions application (which is remarkably brief) and in one section you are asked to choose your "Programme of Interest."  I thought there might be a couple MBA concentrations on the drop-down but instead I found a whole range of programs (28) including a number of doctoral degrees.  I didn't check but I assume these are all available at a similar low rate.  If this is true then this school might soon become quite a bit more popular.

Unfortunately, so far as I can tell, the others are not online. They're also not as cheap. I checked out the MS in Project Management. Unlike the MBA, the PM degree doesn't have "online" mentioned anywhere on the page. It only lists full-time/part-time as options. It's also 2.5x as expensive as the MBA.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Yeah, all the info is actually linked on the first post. Each and every program other than the MBA Online are full time/part time butt-in-seat I would think. The pricing also differs greatly with other Masters programs for both domestic or international students, the Online MBA is the only one with the same pricing...

(04-27-2022, 11:28 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Wow, this looks great! I skimmed their website and that's the only online program they have, the rest are part/time or full/time on campus. Amazing deal if you would like a UK based degree, it will rival those that are "top up" in both price and courses taught, probably the course structure would be very good as well. 

Do you think the HAU MBA is a better option than WGU?

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
(04-29-2022, 10:20 AM)evanmonast Wrote:

Do you think the HAU MBA is a better option than WGU?

It depends on what you're looking for. At $3k, HAU would be cheaper than WGU. But it would take longer to get through, since HAU is a traditional MBA program. But, it also sounds like HAU has a possibility for networking, which I don't think you really get with WGU. You only get the MBA.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
evanmonast Wrote:Do you think the HAU MBA is a better option than WGU?

WGU should be your first choice because of many reasons, 1) It has ACBSP programmatic/secondary accreditation
2) WGU can be done faster, it should be easier to complete if you have the competency/knowledge in that field
3) WGU networking actually is better, they have so many more graduates plus they're endorsed by several states

HAU, the only reason I would take the program here is because of the timeline 1.5-2 years (18-24 months).  You can complete it at a more reasonable pace for those who have a busy life style or already working in the field and just need to engage in academic upgrading and learn some new skills at the management level in addition to getting a Masters degree.

@evanmonast, lastly - I would stay on the current course - Pierpont BOG AAS, UMPI BAS, WGU MBA or MSML

is the degree issued by U of Malaya/ Wales or this IUMW? U of Malaya is a prestigious school but this IUMW seems to be no name ..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 172 Yesterday, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 701 Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,827 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,093 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 492 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,292 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 365 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,633 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 658 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 14,279 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel