Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MBA Recommendations
Hello, 

I am looking for a short accredited program with no more than a 39 credit requirement. I have looked at TESU and University of Mass and the cost is comparable. UMASS is 30 credits. Any suggestions? No more than $900 per credit. 

Thank you in advance!
There's tons of options....

WGU
SNHU
FHSU
LSU Shreveport
Empire State College

All of which are far less than $900 per credit
$900 per credit hour is a good budget. So essentially, your top dollar amount is right around $35,000. Is accreditation important to you? As in, do you want AACSB or ACBSP? Do you want all asynchronous or are you okay with synchronous components? Do you want 100% online or are you okay with a couple immersions?

There are a lot of online MBA programs and a little bit more detail beyond budget and total credits will help.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
(10-27-2020, 04:20 PM)ThatBankDude Wrote: $900 per credit hour is a good budget. So essentially, your top dollar amount is right around $35,000. Is accreditation important to you? As in, do you want AACSB or ACBSP? Do you want all asynchronous or are you okay with synchronous components? Do you want 100% online or are you okay with a couple immersions?

There are a lot of online MBA programs and a little bit more detail beyond budget and total credits will help.

I am open to just about anything but I really don't want more than 30 credits. The only one I have found is UMASS. Online versus in person is not as important as we are in a pandemic so many colleges are fully remote and will be for a while. I do want accreditation, just not sure which one is better. I am new to all of this. 

Thanks
(10-27-2020, 04:16 PM)ss20ts Wrote: There's tons of options....

WGU
SNHU
FHSU
LSU Shreveport
Empire State College

All of which are far less than $900 per credit
I help with Fraud Examination Through Data Analytics at LSU Shreveport. Good school.

(10-27-2020, 04:34 PM)Ilianasmile Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 04:20 PM)ThatBankDude Wrote: $900 per credit hour is a good budget. So essentially, your top dollar amount is right around $35,000. Is accreditation important to you? As in, do you want AACSB or ACBSP? Do you want all asynchronous or are you okay with synchronous components? Do you want 100% online or are you okay with a couple immersions?

I am open to just about anything but I really don't want more than 30 credits. The only one I have found is UMASS. Online versus in person is not as important as we are in a pandemic so many colleges are fully remote and will be for a while. I do want accreditation, just not sure which one is better. I am new to all of this. 

Thanks

Please do not assume that a college or a program will be available online for awhile due to the pandemic. I'm in NY - the state with the most deaths - and most colleges are open with classes being held on campus. Some have closed, but the students stayed on campus and are learning online in their dorms. The classes are still at scheduled times even the ones online. You also have to worry about in state and out of state tuition.

It's hard to find a MBA program that's just 30 credits. Most master's are 36 credits and MBA's typically have more credits. 

You need to decide what type of program you want. The options are endless pretty much especially with a budget of $900 per credit.

Thanks
Emporia State University
Southeastern Oklahoma State University
Oklahoma State University
University of North Texas

If cost and credit hours were not a concern, I would recommend Ross, Tepper, Kennan-Flagler, Fuqua, Stern, etc. However, your budget knocks all of those out of the question.

I did my MBA at Southeastern Oklahoma State University. Now I am doing my MS in Quantitative Management at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business. While I enjoyed my MBA program, the caliber of students is FAR different now I am at Duke.

(10-27-2020, 05:37 PM)ThatBankDude Wrote:

Thanks
Emporia State University
Southeastern Oklahoma State University
Oklahoma State University
University of North Texas

If cost and credit hours were not a concern, I would recommend Ross, Tepper, Kennan-Flagler, Fuqua, Stern, etc. However, your budget knocks all of those out of the question.

I did my MBA at Southeastern Oklahoma State University. Now I am doing my MS in Quantitative Management at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business. While I enjoyed my MBA program, the caliber of students is FAR different now I am at Duke.
I am attending Missouri State University for $330 each credit and it is AACSB.  Also it depends what MBA specialized you want to do.
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA

Completed: WGU MS-CIA & Masters University Isabel I, ENEB
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Imbanewbie's post:
  • Ilianasmile
You can go to the usnews online mba rankings and sort by price (low to high) ....you can also use the slider on the left side to limit the tuition to your budget. you'll find a LOT of schools , even many in the top 100, will meet this requirement.
https://www.gsw.edu/academics/schools-an...ba-program

30 credit hours

AACSB

$257 a credit hour
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recommendations for least expensive online MSW? studyingfortests 39 6,462 08-10-2022, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Looking for an MBA program - need recommendations Cliff 10 3,541 01-04-2019, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Cliff
  graduate school recommendations ladylearner 20 1,883 10-14-2016, 12:28 PM
Last Post: davewill