Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
ENEB Master Thread
Hi all. Thanks for all of your contributions it really helped me getting a clear idea to what I was going int with purchasing this online Masters by ENEB.
I'm a reader, just registered on the website to ask this one question:

Since you'll getting both a diploma by Isabel I and ENEB, what would you guys put on your resume? I guess the smart move is to put the Isabel I one but wouldn't that be liying as you didn't attend any Isabel I courses but the ENEB ones?

Add: on the part of the resumé I would insert this diploma in, I liked the idea one of you wrote to put it on additional formation/certifications rather than in "actual" degrees. But wouldn't that be asking for questions (e.g on a face-to-face interview) as it is not normal to see a masters degree on the additional formation part on a CV? Isn't it smarter to put it on the actual degrees and if something comes up (of the recruiter really diggs into it) you explain whatever he/she asks?

Thank you once again to all of you .
If I were to list it, I would put "Escuela de Negocios Europea de Barcelona". When you search for the school with the name written out fully, the results are much better and don't include the Groupon ads.
cacoleman1983 Wrote:I heard about Universidad de Nicaragua (UCN) from degreeinfo.com because I was looking for a distance PhD that could be done online for the lowest cost possible with regional accreditation equivalency in order to have the Dr. title and teach as an adjunct or be competitive for a full time community college teaching position.   I am currently registered but have not paid the $6,000+ tuition for the entire program.  Since I have multiple degrees and certificates with a high number of ECTS credits, I would only need to submit a dissertation proposal and full dissertation in a period of a minimum 2 years in order to earn the PhD from that school as it is autonomous and is an independent PhD in Education where I could select the specialty I want.

Universidad de Nicaragua has partnerships with several universities.  Four of them that I know of are Intercultural Open University, University of America,  Swiss Management Center, and Universidad Azteca.   These schools by themselves are not government accredited but UCN validates them and awards an accredited degree.  People could then take the UCN degree and get it evaluated as an equivalent USA regional accredited degree.

As far as ENEB goes,  I am very curious about their school and may just do it for the fun of it.  I am investigating to see what will happen if I were to transfer these credit hours to UCN.  I may be able to get a Doctor of Business Administration with a shorter dissertation in one year if I enrolled in the Double Masters at ENEB / Universidad I, complete those programs, and then transfer those two years worth of credits in.

Yes, DI has a bit of info when I searched UCN, there were posts mainly from around 2014. I didn't really look into that school until now...

Mr.Rafa Wrote:Hi all. Thanks for all of your contributions it really helped me getting a clear idea to what I was going int with purchasing this online Masters by ENEB.
I'm a reader, just registered on the website to ask this one question:

Since you'll getting both a diploma by Isabel I and ENEB, what would you guys put on your resume? I guess the smart move is to put the Isabel I one but wouldn't that be liying as you didn't attend any Isabel I courses but the ENEB ones?

Add: on the part of the resumé I would insert this diploma in, I liked the idea one of you wrote to put it on additional formation/certifications rather than in "actual" degrees. But wouldn't that be asking for questions (e.g on a face-to-face interview) as it is not normal to see a masters degree on the additional formation part on a CV? Isn't it smarter to put it on the actual degrees and if something comes up (of the recruiter really diggs into it) you explain whatever he/she asks?

Thank you once again to all of you .

ENEB works in partnership with Isabel I and you get a degree from each. You can enter in Isabel I and also enter in the ENEB if you wanted. I would answer their questions, if they don't ask you about the cost, you don't have to mention Groupon. Actually, I would put "Escuela de Negocios Europea de Barcelona" followed by (ENEB) as mentioned above by Popestt, instead of typing in their English name, the Spanish name works better.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
But would you guys put it on the degree's section or in the other's certifications/courses section ? On the CV I mean
I would put it in the degrees section. My final opinion is that the degree is legally as legitimate as any other título propio un Spain, it just lacks much prestige. Even the most prestigious universities issue títulos propios. I've Iooked through all of the course work, and the curriculum and content is similar to what one would study in an MBA program. Most programs would contain a bit more multimedia to assist in learning the concepts. This program relies mostly on PDF lectures, but the final projects are thorough enough to ensure that you must know the material in order to pass. The biggest drawback on this program is external. It's their advertising. It kills their credibility. If they instead were to rebrand as a "tuition free school, with minimal expense for grading of assignments" and get off of Groupon, that would not only get them away from the cheap carwashes, but also make them look somewhat noble. Just my opinion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Popestt's post:
  • smdsuny
The reddit thread linked to from this forum's thread has a bunch of 1 or so days old accounts coming out of no where to sing the praises of this offer after months of that thread's inactivity, and now we're getting it in this thread too. pretty... interesting.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I'm fairly sure that correlation comes from the fact that it's just getting a lot of attention right now. Possibly because of running the Groupon. I can assure you, I have absolutely no connection to the school other than the 200 some-odd dollars that I risked to check out their claims. Their ad caught my curiosity, and I had to do research to reach my own conclusions. The degree is a título propio which is recognized as a Masters level professional degree by the Spanish ministry of education (not an academic degree which would allow you to proceed to a doctorate). But this particular type of degree only carries about as much prestige as the school that grants it. So no, it would not be dishonest to list it as a master's degree on a resume, but it doesn't carry much prestige. Their marketing department is pure trash for sure. And I would advise someone who takes this course to take their marketing class elsewhere. A search of the school on LinkedIn provides many results of people who list this master's degree on their profile. Many of which have very good positions already listed. Most of these people already had the same position before they obtained the Masters. if I had to guess, I would say the majority of people who actually fully complete this program do so for their own personal development.  I stand by the statement that the content of the manuals is similar to the content one would expect in any other MBA program, and that the final projects require a good working knowledge of that content. My opinion is that most people would need to find additional resources to further clarify some of the concepts in order to do well on the final projects, unless you are very good at grasping everything you read without further explanation. That should be expected though of any rigorous program. If anyone is curious, I'm happy to share portions of the program and final projects. (Materials in Spanish, as I didn't want to read through a bunch of translated text which always comes out funny)
Which of these options would you all choose? Completing an 8 month non-credit Digital Marketing Certificate with Facebook partnered with a local community college for $250 or completing the Masters in Digital Marketing and E-commerce at ENEB / Universidad Isabel I for $250?
(01-19-2020, 04:26 PM)Popestt Wrote: I'm fairly sure that correlation comes from the fact that it's just getting a lot of attention right now. Possibly because of running the Groupon. I can assure you, I have absolutely no connection to the school other than the 200 some-odd dollars that I risked to check out their claims. Their ad caught my curiosity, and I had to do research to reach my own conclusions. The degree is a título propio which is recognized as a Masters level professional degree by the Spanish ministry of education (not an academic degree which would allow you to proceed to a doctorate). But this particular type of degree only carries about as much prestige as the school that grants it. So no, it would not be dishonest to list it as a master's degree on a resume, but it doesn't carry much prestige. Their marketing department is pure trash for sure. And I would advise someone who takes this course to take their marketing class elsewhere. A search of the school on LinkedIn provides many results of people who list this master's degree on their profile. Many of which have very good positions already listed. Most of these people already had the same position before they obtained the Masters. if I had to guess, I would say the majority of people who actually fully complete this program do so for their own personal development.  I stand by the statement that the content of the manuals is similar to the content one would expect in any other MBA program, and that the final projects require a good working knowledge of that content. My opinion is that most people would need to find additional resources to further clarify some of the concepts in order to do well on the final projects, unless you are very good at grasping everything you read without further explanation. That should be expected though of any rigorous program. If anyone is curious, I'm happy to share portions of the program and final projects. (Materials in Spanish, as I didn't want to read through a bunch of translated text which always comes out funny)

yes, i hear you loud and clear, since this is the response that coincidentally is being echoed by so many folks across various channels over the past couple of weeks (even though this Groupon campaign has been active for at least like half a year?)

Big Grin

cacoleman1983 also has a lot to say about this and only this topic on our forum... 7 posts about it since joining a month ago and now suddenly around to tee off more posts by mysterious newcomer Popestt, who is making similar posts elsewhere... surely not connected....

legitimate credential or not (and... c'mon...?), these marketing tactics are laughable and transparent. It's insulting to target this forum as disengaged stooges.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Similar posts elsewhere? I've never commented about this anywhere else on the internet. The offer came up in my email, intrigued me and I came across this forum which seemed to have a somewhat intelligent conversation (I liked the critical thinking on both sides, rather than the outright dismissal of it just because it was on Groupon.) It seems that to you, expressing any opinion other than outright dismissal must indicate that I am somehow in cohorts with the school. It's easy to see that the "critical thinking" here has devolved to "if you don't outright dismiss this program without any research, you are suspicious". That's fine, I thought I had found people with whom to discuss the potential good and bad aspects of the program, instead I found accusations simply because I lent any credence, as well as plenty of criticism.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB for FIS Lorvey 0 90 9 hours ago
Last Post: Lorvey
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 281 Yesterday, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,084 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 4 313 03-25-2024, 09:06 PM
  ENEB - exams MCDL 108 13,008 03-21-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Wowbagger
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 484 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
  Master of Public Administration BSBRose21 9 1,514 03-18-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,616 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 2 199 03-18-2024, 03:29 AM
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 546 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger