Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 3.88 Average
ENEB Master Thread
(04-01-2020, 06:06 AM)HogwartsSchool Wrote: A few thoughts.

1. I wonder if this would qualify for a student visa to Spain since the program is from Universidad Isabel I. I realize its online but having a student Visa to Spain which the government of Spain acknowledges would show more credibility toward the program.

2. I also wonder, if anyone has verified the program from WES or any other agency?

3. If someone finishes the program, how would it transfer to another University in Spain (public) not private like Universidad Isabel I. The reason I wonder, if I understand correctly, Spain has two types of Master degrees, official which is recognizes through-out the EU and unofficial which is recognized only in Spain. I believe, but don't know fur sure, the masters from Universidad Isabel I are considered unofficial degrees (which is still good).

Yes these degrees are unofficial and would likely be seen as a honorary or state-approved degree here in the USA.    That doesn't mean they are worthless as they have as good of a benefit to the resume at a minimum to an MOOC program certificate like Coursera but could be viewed as an accredited degree so it could go either way or something in between.
(01-16-2020, 05:00 PM)cacoleman1983 Wrote: I heard about Universidad de Nicaragua (UCN) from degreeinfo.com because I was looking for a distance PhD that could be done online for the lowest cost possible with regional accreditation equivalency in order to have the Dr. title and teach as an adjunct or be competitive for a full time community college teaching position.   I am currently registered but have not paid the $6,000+ tuition for the entire program.  Since I have multiple degrees and certificates with a high number of ECTS credits, I would only need to submit a dissertation proposal and full dissertation in a period of a minimum 2 years in order to earn the PhD from that school as it is autonomous and is an independent PhD in Education where I could select the specialty I want.

You mean Universidad Central de Nicaragua? I don't see on their site where it's $6000, I see closer to $10K. Give us the hookup!
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
This is a copy/paste of one of my posts from the sister board: For myself, I would have it listed as a PDG or Graduate Diploma instead of a Masters Certificate, I think a Masters Diploma may work as well. I think having the word Masters confuses people... I recall Graduate/Masters certificates are generally 12-18, up to 21 credits and Graduate/Masters diplomas are 24-30 credits.

I am currently doing the Universidad Isabel I as I think of them like MOOC courses such as the ones from coursera, edx, futurelearn, udacity and upgrad... some may be used for a mini credential and ladder up towards a Masters program, but for me, it's just used as a preview/overview of a Masters program, I am using it like a Post-Graduate Diploma. Anyone else think of doing things this way?

This is what I believe and gather these Spanish credentials to be, they're considered equivalent to a Graduate Diploma vs a Masters because it is a set of courses that total roughly 30 credits when translated from 60 ECTS and come without a graduate capstone, project, or thesis. The main difference with a Masters is just that, I am curious if there is an option to change or upgrade these to an "oficial" from the "propio" by just taking the final capstone, project or thesis if the courses are exactly the same. Someone should send a message to Universidad Isabel I and find out, heck, i'll just do that for the sake of knowing...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-03-2020, 01:42 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: This is a copy/paste of one of my posts from the sister board:  For myself, I would have it listed as a PDG or Graduate Diploma instead of a Masters Certificate, I think a Masters Diploma may work as well. I think having the word Masters confuses people... I recall Graduate/Masters certificates are generally 12-18, up to 21 credits and Graduate/Masters diplomas are 24-30 credits.

I am currently doing the Universidad Isabel I as I think of them like MOOC courses such as the ones from coursera, edx, futurelearn, udacity and upgrad... some may be used for a mini credential and ladder up towards a Masters program, but for me, it's just used as a preview/overview of a Masters program, I am using it like a Post-Graduate Diploma. Anyone else think of doing things this way?

This is what I believe and gather these Spanish credentials to be, they're considered equivalent to a Graduate Diploma vs a Masters because it is a set of courses that total roughly 30 credits when translated from 60 ECTS and come without a graduate capstone, project, or thesis. The main difference with a Masters is just that, I am curious if there is an option to change or upgrade these to an "oficial" from the "propio" by just taking the final capstone, project or thesis if the courses are exactly the same. Someone should send a message to Universidad Isabel I and find out, heck, i'll just do that for the sake of knowing...

A few thoughts: If the university awarding it calls it a Master's degree, I don't see any reason not to do so as well. It seems the programs are 60 ECTS each, and that's an academic year, the same as many other Master's degrees. (If I'm missing something here, please let me know.)

That said, I wouldn't blame you for treating it like a set of MOOCs. In fact, since they say you get to see the entire syllabus (by which I believe they mean curriculum) from the start, at the price available through the Groupon I might take them up on it just out of professional interest to take a look at the curricula. 

I'll be interested to hear what Universidad Isabel I says to you. If a "top off" program through them is an option, I agree that would be interesting. 

Although I suppose most Americans would care the most what WES and/or other members of NACES have to say.

[-] The following 1 user Likes SteveFoerster's post:
  • Thorne
(04-03-2020, 12:49 PM)SteveFoerster Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 05:00 PM)cacoleman1983 Wrote: I heard about Universidad de Nicaragua (UCN) from degreeinfo.com because I was looking for a distance PhD that could be done online for the lowest cost possible with regional accreditation equivalency in order to have the Dr. title and teach as an adjunct or be competitive for a full time community college teaching position.   I am currently registered but have not paid the $6,000+ tuition for the entire program.  Since I have multiple degrees and certificates with a high number of ECTS credits, I would only need to submit a dissertation proposal and full dissertation in a period of a minimum 2 years in order to earn the PhD from that school as it is autonomous and is an independent PhD in Education where I could select the specialty I want.

You mean Universidad Central de Nicaragua? I don't see on their site where it's $6000, I see closer to $10K. Give us the hookup!

What's up Steve from degreeinfo?.... It's Carlton here....  As I recall, the UCN degrees listed on http://businessschooldirect.info/degree_...tion__fees ran by Gerhard Berchtold are 5,500 EUR. I've actually been accepted into the PhD in Education program but have not paid the tuition fee so I have not officially started the program. I can't get in touch with Dr. Berchtold and have heard he's had some health issues from someone who is doing his PhD in Psychology in partnership with Azteca University and UCN.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cacoleman1983's post:
  • SteveFoerster
(04-03-2020, 05:20 PM)cacoleman1983 Wrote: What's up Steve from degreeinfo.... It's Carlton here....  As I recall, the UCN degrees listed on http://businessschooldirect.info/degree_...tion__fees ran by Gerhard Berchtold  are 5,500 EUR.  I've actually been accepted into the PhD in Education program but have not paid the tuition fee so I have not officially started the program.  I can't get in touch with Dr. Berchtold and have heard he's had some health issues from someone who is doing his PhD in Psychology in partnership with Azteca University and UCN.

Hey Carlton! You're right, the rates there are lower than the "sticker price" on UCN's own site. Good to know!

(04-03-2020, 01:42 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: This is a copy/paste of one of my posts from the sister board:  For myself, I would have it listed as a PDG or Graduate Diploma instead of a Masters Certificate, I think a Masters Diploma may work as well. I think having the word Masters confuses people... I recall Graduate/Masters certificates are generally 12-18, up to 21 credits and Graduate/Masters diplomas are 24-30 credits.

UCN (Universidad de Nicaragua) has a partnership with UA (Universidad Azteca) where UA would allow you to transfer those credits from Universidad Isabel I into their MBA as "propio" which could then be validated from UCN as an "official" accredited degree with possible RA accreditation equivalency as well as transfer for completion into their DBA or PhD which would be the capstone as a thesis or dissertation you are talking about.  http://businessschooldirect.info/degree_...__transfer
So, i have never used GROUPON. But what i understood is that one has to purchase a course and then redeem the Coupon. But how we are going to get the Student ID, Login Details to access the courses, and so on? Also, does the Double Dual MBA and Master’s Program requires to pay us twice?
(04-08-2020, 01:28 AM)engadnan Wrote: So, i have never used GROUPON. But what i understood is that one has to purchase a course and then redeem the Coupon. But how we are going to get the Student ID, Login Details to access the courses, and so on? Also, does the Double Dual MBA and Master’s Program requires to pay us twice?

A colleague in Nigeria just signed up for their MBA and described the process as straightforward and easy: (1) Buy through Groupon, (2) receive a document that includes a code and the school's email address, (3) email that code to the school, (4) receive login details in response.

You only pay once for both. You can also defer enrollment until later within six months. I am planning to start in June. Of course, this deal seems to be pretty much continuous, so maybe just wait until you are ready to start.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 10 927 04-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: ecdw94
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 24,800 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  ENEB - exams MCDL 118 14,793 04-15-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,096 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  ENEB FOR € 30 bjcheung77 29 1,804 04-11-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,299 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 0 189 03-29-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  ENEB for FIS Lorvey 6 537 03-28-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Messdiener
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 602 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 586 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77