Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 3.88 Average
ENEB Master Thread
(09-26-2020, 02:51 AM)Sdmj33 Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 06:34 PM)cacoleman1983 Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 01:42 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: This is a copy/paste of one of my posts from the sister board:  For myself, I would have it listed as a PDG or Graduate Diploma instead of a Masters Certificate, I think a Masters Diploma may work as well. I think having the word Masters confuses people... I recall Graduate/Masters certificates are generally 12-18, up to 21 credits and Graduate/Masters diplomas are 24-30 credits.

I am currently doing the Universidad Isabel I as I think of them like MOOC courses such as the ones from coursera, edx, futurelearn, udacity and upgrad... some may be used for a mini credential and ladder up towards a Masters program, but for me, it's just used as a preview/overview of a Masters program, I am using it like a Post-Graduate Diploma. Anyone else think of doing things this way?

This is what I believe and gather these Spanish credentials to be, they're considered equivalent to a Graduate Diploma vs a Masters because it is a set of courses that total roughly 30 credits when translated from 60 ECTS and come without a graduate capstone, project, or thesis. The main difference with a Masters is just that, I am curious if there is an option to change or upgrade these to an "oficial" from the "propio" by just taking the final capstone, project or thesis if the courses are exactly the same. Someone should send a message to Universidad Isabel I and find out, heck, i'll just do that for the sake of knowing...

UCN (Universidad de Nicaragua) has a partnership with UA (Universidad Azteca) where UA would allow you to transfer those credits from Universidad Isabel I into their MBA as "propio" which could then be validated from UCN as an "official" accredited degree with possible RA accreditation equivalency as well as transfer for completion into their DBA or PhD which would be the capstone as a thesis or dissertation you are talking about.  http://businessschooldirect.info/degree_...__transfer
How certain are you that credits from the ENEB qualifications will be transferred into UCNs DBA programs? Also, just to be sure, if i were to complete an MBA and a masters from ENEB and transfer to UCN, I would only need to finish the thesis to get a DBA or a phd? If not can I transfer those credits and get an MBA from UCN without any additional coursework?

I'm also interested with this one, Hi @bjcheung77, have you consulted UCN with this one? or have you tried processing it with them?
I got through the transcript uploading my resume. No one asked anything about it yet. I should finish my BS in May 2021 so I'll have the degree before applying for graduation.
I love this forum and I appreciate the discourse and advice offered here, but frankly I don’t understand this focus on ENEB. There are 47 pages dedicate to a quasi program that will never be taken seriously in America. There are plenty of reputable, accredited MBA programs out there and frankly this is not one of them. I say this not to be inflammatory, but can anyone honestly explain why this program is being treated with legitimacy?
Current Course(s): Business Administration Capstone BUS-421 (TESU)

AMU (9); CSM (3); CLEP (15); DSST (3); InstantCert (15); Institutes (3)Military (51); Sophia (6); Straighterline (15); Study.com (6); Thomas Edison State University (3); University of Alaska (12)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Not_a_robot_101's post:
  • inkleind
(10-03-2020, 05:50 PM)Not_a_robot_101 Wrote: I love this forum and I appreciate the discourse and advice offered here, but frankly I don’t understand this focus on ENEB. There are 47 pages dedicate to a quasi program that will never be taken seriously in America. There are plenty of reputable, accredited MBA programs out there and frankly this is not one of them. I say this not to be inflammatory, but can anyone honestly explain why this program is being treated with legitimacy?

Because it at least evaluates either as a bachelor's degree or seems to be equivalent to a post-graduate certificate depending on who you ask. Even if it's not considered to be a full master's, a bachelor's or a post-grad certificate for $300 is still a good deal. 

It's at least as legit as a NA degree vs. RA. The worth will depend on where you are and what you plan to do with it.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • DeanLewis, Thorne
(10-03-2020, 05:50 PM)Not_a_robot_101 Wrote: I love this forum and I appreciate the discourse and advice offered here, but frankly I don’t understand this focus on ENEB. There are 47 pages dedicate to a quasi program that will never be taken seriously in America. There are plenty of reputable, accredited MBA programs out there and frankly this is not one of them. I say this not to be inflammatory, but can anyone honestly explain why this program is being treated with legitimacy?

Because it is legit (evaluates as a Bachelor's in the United States, seen as a Graduate-level qualification in several other nations in the Anglosphere) and it is very inexpensive.

I've written 216 pages so far, read something like 9,000 pages of reference material, taken 75 examinations, and have been graded fairly by a school whose degree does grant ECTS which can be transferred to other European schools and is likely to be evaluated positively by Australian universities, where I plan to move. 

It is accredited, whether you like it or not. I've already linked to a post analyzing it, but the issuing school, UI1, is accredited in the EHEA and can legally grant degrees with ECTS in accordance with ENQA, one of the top-level accreditors in Europe, which have been accepted in other schools. One of my good friends transferred his MBA and Master in Management into a UK school to a top-up MBA program for ~$2,500 because they see the credits and education as real according to the law.

I treat it with legitimacy because you get out of education what you put in. The overall market trends are moving against high-quality pedigrees and toward people with real experiences. Plus, I've written each and every paper I have submitted as though I was writing an assignment for what you might call a "legitimate" school (again, this distinction is ridiculous when you consider the legitimate nature of these degrees) and have been rewarded for it. I'm using it to prove that I can successfully do graduate-level studies and am planning to leverage it into a degree I have more passion for.

Everything is about its utility. This degree is just as legit as one from WGU or University of the People, and UI1's international rankings are only about 150 spots below WGU and nearly a thousand spots above UoP by the bodies I can find who actually review education past the top 500 institutions. I need it for a specific purpose which this will fulfill. Oh, and another longtime friend just used the MBA from Isabel to get a promotion in his job in the USA. So much for "never being taken seriously."

Putting this frankly, let's not pretend that it's not inflammatory to ignore 50 pages of research which justify the validity of this degree just because you don't respect its legitimacy.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
[-] The following 3 users Like Thorne's post:
  • DeanLewis, rachel83az, StoicJ

I disagree with your "quasi program" conclusion. Also with the idea that it will never be taken seriously in America. It certainly is not for everybody. Here are some reasons why it suits me well:

1) I don't care all THAT much about accreditation. A government job just has ZERO appeal to me. Being an employee in a private organization where not having an MBA with specific accreditation would disqualify me for certain functions just wouldn't work for me, either.

2) The content and requirements of what I want in an MBA program are there in the ENEB program. I don't plan on half-assing, so I am convinced I will get a lot of benefit from it.

3) The price.

4) It's a degree from overseas. That carries some weight with me. I have business overseas, and I hope and expect that in the future I will be dealing mostly with people outside the USA. (realized this might be interpreted as my being against Americans, but I most certainly am not!)

5) I can't help but feel good about getting an education outside the traditional schooling system, a system that increasingly disgusts me.

All in all, I am a bit giddy about the opportunity.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
[-] The following 3 users Like StoicJ's post:
  • Dumber, rachel83az, Thorne

As others have suggested, the conclusion is elusive because the premises are faulty.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
[-] The following 3 users Like SteveFoerster's post:
  • DeanLewis, rachel83az, Thorne
Just wanted to post something I got in an email recently: It is acceptable to list Isabel in the following ways:

- Isabel I University

- Universidad Isabel I

- University Isabel I de Castilla

- International University Isabel I de Castilla

- Universidad Internacional Isabel I de Castilla

¡De nada!
[-] The following 4 users Like eLearner's post:
  • DeanLewis, Kalas, rachel83az, Thorne
(10-03-2020, 06:16 PM)Thorne Wrote:

Because it is legit (evaluates as a Bachelor's in the United States, seen as a Graduate-level qualification in several other nations in the Anglosphere) and it is very inexpensive.

I've written 216 pages so far, read something like 9,000 pages of reference material, taken 75 examinations, and have been graded fairly by a school whose degree does grant ECTS which can be transferred to other European schools and is likely to be evaluated positively by Australian universities, where I plan to move. 

It is accredited, whether you like it or not. I've already linked to a post analyzing it, but the issuing school, UI1, is accredited in the EHEA and can legally grant degrees with ECTS in accordance with ENQA, one of the top-level accreditors in Europe, which have been accepted in other schools. One of my good friends transferred his MBA and Master in Management into a UK school to a top-up MBA program for ~$2,500 because they see the credits and education as real according to the law.

I treat it with legitimacy because you get out of education what you put in. The overall market trends are moving against high-quality pedigrees and toward people with real experiences. Plus, I've written each and every paper I have submitted as though I was writing an assignment for what you might call a "legitimate" school (again, this distinction is ridiculous when you consider the legitimate nature of these degrees) and have been rewarded for it. I'm using it to prove that I can successfully do graduate-level studies and am planning to leverage it into a degree I have more passion for.

Everything is about its utility. This degree is just as legit as one from WGU or University of the People, and UI1's international rankings are only about 150 spots below WGU and nearly a thousand spots above UoP by the bodies I can find who actually review education past the top 500 institutions. I need it for a specific purpose which this will fulfill. Oh, and another longtime friend just used the MBA from Isabel to get a promotion in his job in the USA. So much for "never being taken seriously."

Putting this frankly, let's not pretend that it's not inflammatory to ignore 50 pages of research which justify the validity of this degree just because you don't respect its legitimacy.
Could you give me the name of the UK school?
eLearner Wrote:Just wanted to post something I got in an email recently: It is acceptable to list Isabel in the following ways:

<snip>

¡De nada!

That's great, but too many choices hurt my brain...
I'll just leave it as is... the shorter the better...

- Isabel I University
- Universidad Isabel I
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • AllThose299s, eLearner, rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with ENEB David1477 6 328 2 hours ago
Last Post: hsufeng
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 11 1,030 2 hours ago
Last Post: hsufeng
  ENEB to UK top up masters possible? Atoshi 1 101 5 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Master degrees hicham78h 1 224 Today, 02:11 AM
  ENEB FOR € 30 bjcheung77 33 2,200 04-20-2024, 05:20 PM
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 25,299 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  ENEB - exams MCDL 118 15,235 04-15-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,171 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,345 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 0 203 03-29-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley