Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 3.88 Average
ENEB Master Thread
(10-04-2020, 06:14 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
eLearner Wrote:Just wanted to post something I got in an email recently: It is acceptable to list Isabel in the following ways:

<snip>

¡De nada!

That's great, but too many choices hurt my brain...  
I'll just leave it as is... the shorter the better...

- Isabel I University
- Universidad Isabel I

Yeah, I wouldn't think someone would take it as an in-road to list them all unless they're insane. However, I've seen people list it in different ways, so the reason I pointed that out is to help dispel any misunderstandings that could arise when others see it listed in different ways by graduates. Personally, I would use the first one because I am in an English-speaking country and the school finds it acceptable to do. Others may disagree and use the one as it's written on the diploma Isabel creates (Universidad Internacional Isabel I de Castilla).
I just signed up, for this program: do you only have to write the papers, or is doing the quizzes required as well? I am asking this because I have prior experience and I could just go straight for the papers. Additionally, how harsh are the graders for the papers?
(10-10-2020, 10:59 PM)robottheman Wrote: I just signed up, for this program: do you only have to write the papers, or is doing the quizzes required as well? I am asking this because I have prior experience and I could just go straight for the papers. Additionally, how harsh are the graders for the papers?

I'm pretty sure the quizzes are required. Page 4 of the program handbook says something like, "Students must first complete the self-correcting tests and then turn in a final project." 

As for grading papers it basically follows the rubric. 25% for four sections: Acquired Knowledge, Subject Development, Result, and Bibliography. I would say the grading almost always follows the categories accurately and is, by and large, fair. If you know how to write at the graduate level, you'll be fine. 

I've had only one instance of what I would see as unfair grading. When I sent in my paper for Management of International Financial Services, there was a section of the paper saying they wanted a contract for employment in, "the corresponding official model," so I used the official contract from SEPE and filled it out. They docked me 1.5 points on that section, giving me my lowest grade yet, and I'm contesting the grade or course so they'll either change the course for future students or update my grade to reflect the actual request in the paper (hopefully both).

Now, while I say this grading has been fair, your mileage may vary some. Just some additional information:
  • My average page count is about 15 pages/class, but is 17 excluding Accounting, with an average of 38 references per paper. I split Accounting from the rest because Accounting is straightforward, kind of closed in nature, and require less writing to get the point across. 
  • I rarely have any paragraph without a citation in it, since everything that isn't common knowledge needs to be substantiated and I can read lots of work quickly. As a result, I have read a little over 12,000 pages of academic sources, split between academic journals + HBR. Then another 2,000-3,000 in opinion pieces (mainly Forbes, Inc, or Entrepreneur).
  • I don't skimp on diagrams. Everything that can be visually explained, consider visually explaining it. I've made Gantt charts for 4 assignments, made a custom version of a few analysis tools that I've used in 6 assignments, and flowcharts for processes that I suggest.
They'll still dock me points every so often, but this has consistently give me between 9.75 and 10 on my score sheet.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
(10-11-2020, 02:07 AM)Thorne Wrote: I'm pretty sure the quizzes are required. Page 4 of the program handbook says something like, "Students must first complete the self-correcting tests and then turn in a final project." 

As for grading papers it basically follows the rubric. 25% for four sections: Acquired Knowledge, Subject Development, Result, and Bibliography. I would say the grading almost always follows the categories accurately and is, by and large, fair. If you know how to write at the graduate level, you'll be fine. 

I've had only one instance of what I would see as unfair grading. When I sent in my paper for Management of International Financial Services, there was a section of the paper saying they wanted a contract for employment in, "the corresponding official model," so I used the official contract from SEPE and filled it out. They docked me 1.5 points on that section, giving me my lowest grade yet, and I'm contesting the grade or course so they'll either change the course for future students or update my grade to reflect the actual request in the paper (hopefully both).

Now, while I say this grading has been fair, your mileage may vary some. Just some additional information:
  • My average page count is about 15 pages/class, but is 17 excluding Accounting, with an average of 38 references per paper. I split Accounting from the rest because Accounting is straightforward, kind of closed in nature, and require less writing to get the point across. 
  • I rarely have any paragraph without a citation in it, since everything that isn't common knowledge needs to be substantiated and I can read lots of work quickly. As a result, I have read a little over 12,000 pages of academic sources, split between academic journals + HBR. Then another 2,000-3,000 in opinion pieces (mainly Forbes, Inc, or Entrepreneur).
  • I don't skimp on diagrams. Everything that can be visually explained, consider visually explaining it. I've made Gantt charts for 4 assignments, made a custom version of a few analysis tools that I've used in 6 assignments, and flowcharts for processes that I suggest.
They'll still dock me points every so often, but this has consistently give me between 9.75 and 10 on my score sheet.

38 references. Wow. I read another guy on the other board who was turning in 45 page papers even though the requirement is 18 maximum. Perfect examples of getting out of your education what you put into it.

I think there could be some confusion shared between people and the school regarding the exams. In an email some months back, I was told that the exams weren't required. But recently, someone informed me that their classroom system had been updated and now the grades area shows slots for quiz scores.

The question I have is, what is the date on the handbook you read? And, where would people be able to obtain it? Here is what I was able to find in the prospectus available online (is this the same thing you looked at?):

After completion of each lesson of the different subjects, students will perform self-correcting exams to
reinforce what they have learnt. Once they pass the tests, they will hand in a final work for each subject
so that our teaching staff can evaluate the acquired knowledge. To obtain the title of any of our training
programs, students need to pass all final papers. Continuous evaluation, monitoring and correction of
each of the final works are conducted entirely online, facilitating distance learning.

Page 45 - https://eneb.com/Documents/GUIDES/PROSPE...pectus.pdf
Yeah, that's it. They emailed me a chopped down version of the prospectus for just the programs I enrolled in.

The system does show me quiz grades, so I wouldn't risk skipping the quizzes when they might end up on the transcript, but that's just me

Thorne! I just looked at your signature, call/email ENEB and exchange your Management & Team Management to Hotel Management & Tourism instead. Basically, if you take the extra Masters in International Trade and Masters in Hotel Management & Tourism, the Masters in Commerce Mgmt & Marketing as well as Masters in Management and Team Management both would be completed as well (FREE).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-11-2020, 02:00 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Thorne! I just looked at your signature, call/email ENEB and exchange your Management & Team Management to Hotel Management & Tourism instead.   Basically, if you take the extra Masters in International Trade and Masters in Hotel Management & Tourism, the Masters in Commerce Mgmt & Marketing as well as Masters in Management and Team Management both would be completed as well (FREE).
I asked about that, the academic advisor said you had to pay for enrollment in each degree you want to receive :/

(10-03-2020, 06:16 PM)Thorne Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 05:50 PM)Not_a_robot_101 Wrote: I love this forum and I appreciate the discourse and advice offered here, but frankly I don’t understand this focus on ENEB. There are 47 pages dedicate to a quasi program that will never be taken seriously in America. There are plenty of reputable, accredited MBA programs out there and frankly this is not one of them. I say this not to be inflammatory, but can anyone honestly explain why this program is being treated with legitimacy?

Because it is legit (evaluates as a Bachelor's in the United States, seen as a Graduate-level qualification in several other nations in the Anglosphere) and it is very inexpensive.

I've written 216 pages so far, read something like 9,000 pages of reference material, taken 75 examinations, and have been graded fairly by a school whose degree does grant ECTS which can be transferred to other European schools and is likely to be evaluated positively by Australian universities, where I plan to move. 

It is accredited, whether you like it or not. I've already linked to a post analyzing it, but the issuing school, UI1, is accredited in the EHEA and can legally grant degrees with ECTS in accordance with ENQA, one of the top-level accreditors in Europe, which have been accepted in other schools. One of my good friends transferred his MBA and Master in Management into a UK school to a top-up MBA program for ~$2,500 because they see the credits and education as real according to the law.

I treat it with legitimacy because you get out of education what you put in. The overall market trends are moving against high-quality pedigrees and toward people with real experiences. Plus, I've written each and every paper I have submitted as though I was writing an assignment for what you might call a "legitimate" school (again, this distinction is ridiculous when you consider the legitimate nature of these degrees) and have been rewarded for it. I'm using it to prove that I can successfully do graduate-level studies and am planning to leverage it into a degree I have more passion for.

Everything is about its utility. This degree is just as legit as one from WGU or University of the People, and UI1's international rankings are only about 150 spots below WGU and nearly a thousand spots above UoP by the bodies I can find who actually review education past the top 500 institutions. I need it for a specific purpose which this will fulfill. Oh, and another longtime friend just used the MBA from Isabel to get a promotion in his job in the USA. So much for "never being taken seriously."

Putting this frankly, let's not pretend that it's not inflammatory to ignore 50 pages of research which justify the validity of this degree just because you don't respect its legitimacy.

Hi, can you provide the name of the UK school please?
arad Wrote:Hi, can you provide the name of the UK school please?

Heh. I've answered this in PM twice now, just saw the previous replies here. 

I wish I could give a specific answer, but the fact is that I don't know what school he chose. He likes to keep cards very close to his chest when he's not sure how things will work out, just in case reversals could happen.

I know what he told me: that he transferred UI1 credits to a UK university, leveraged them into a top-up, paid "around 2,500" (though he didn't specify GBP versus USD, so maybe my statement of $ was premature), and is currently working through a program.

The manner of the transfer is something I'm unclear on, but I know he got both degrees (MBA & MiMTM) evaluated by one or more NACES members as equivalent to US-based PGCerts and somehow got those into a university using some kind of discretionary policy (NARIC doesn't always need to get involved, apparently?), but what happened between step A and step C is fuzzy.

(10-11-2020, 01:32 PM)Thorne Wrote: Yeah, that's it. They emailed me a chopped down version of the prospectus for just the programs I enrolled in.

The system does show me quiz grades, so I wouldn't risk skipping the quizzes when they might end up on the transcript, but that's just me

Yeah, I'd recommend people do the work. All it can do is help with the final project and help build a person's overall knowledge. My belief about life is, when you take shortcuts you get cut short.

Sidenote: Ha, just looked up that saying and it's attributed to Gary Busey. I remember when Gary Busey was looked at as a kind of layman cult guru. I always found that... interesting.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB FOR € 30 bjcheung77 31 1,880 3 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 10 931 04-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: ecdw94
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 24,847 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  ENEB - exams MCDL 118 14,837 04-15-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,097 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,308 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 0 190 03-29-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  ENEB for FIS Lorvey 6 537 03-28-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Messdiener
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 603 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 587 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77