Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
ENEB Master Thread
(10-17-2020, 12:10 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: Did anyone have luck evaluating it for Canadian equivalency?

I have read that it does not pass Canadian equivalency at all if you get it evaluated
(10-17-2020, 07:37 PM)robottheman Wrote:
(10-17-2020, 12:10 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: Did anyone have luck evaluating it for Canadian equivalency?

I have read that it does not pass Canadian equivalency at all if you get it evaluated

By whom? There are five different recognized evaluators there and I haven't seen anything that suggests that all of them have been sent a report.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
I think ECE evaluated Universidad Isabel I Masters as a RA Bachelors degree not because of the entrance requirement being a 3 year Bachelors degree although they say that to justify their decision. It's because they probably know it is a proprio degree so they wanted to find a reason not to evaluate it at the Masters level.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cacoleman1983's post:
  • Pikachu
(10-23-2020, 02:36 PM)cacoleman1983 Wrote: I think ECE evaluated Universidad Isabel I Masters as a RA Bachelors degree not because of the entrance requirement being a 3 year Bachelors degree although they say that to justify their decision.  It's because they probably know it is a proprio degree so they wanted to find a reason not to evaluate it at the Masters level.

This may be true. I'd be curious what a course evaluation would look like from ECE, whether it would say the credits are graduate level or upper division undergraduate.

IEE seems like a good bet though, based on stuff found on the other forum, because they might be willing to make it a PGCert or PGDip, at least in theory.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
(10-23-2020, 02:36 PM)cacoleman1983 Wrote: I think ECE evaluated Universidad Isabel I Masters as a RA Bachelors degree not because of the entrance requirement being a 3 year Bachelors degree although they say that to justify their decision.  It's because they probably know it is a proprio degree so they wanted to find a reason not to evaluate it at the Masters level.

They definitely know it's a propio degree, and I'm starting to believe the highly questionable reason they used for their conclusion has a larger intent behind it, and it's most likely to help protect this insanely overpriced higher education system we have here in the United States. After all, they themselves don't want to lose business having schools turn against them and not recommend them or respect them when they find out they're evaluating these super inexpensive programs as 1:1 equivalent.
[-] The following 3 users Like eLearner's post:
  • DeanLewis, rachel83az, Thorne
Perhaps, although I'll wait until there's at least a scintilla of evidence before believing this.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes SteveFoerster's post:
  • DeanLewis
I am pretty sure that the initial evaluation we're talking about was done in the context of an employment validation of the degree, not as an academic credential. So we should keep that in mind. We need a few more evaluations, as an academic credential and as individual courses––and from more than one evaluator, before we can really say much about the value of the degree outside of a very narrow window of knowledge.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(10-23-2020, 10:49 PM)SteveFoerster Wrote: Perhaps, although I'll wait until there's at least a scintilla of evidence before believing this.

I can understand wanting more evidence, I would like more as well. But I think their reasoning is enough for this to be at least that scintilla. They've evaluated so many degrees over the past 40 years and would know how these systems work far more than well enough to know the fact that a school's admission policy has nothing at all to do with the level of work in a degree program. That decision calls into question what they actually evaluated: the degree program? Or the admission policy? And if this is their standard position, are they evaluating all Masters degrees from the UK as Bachelor's degrees since its common there for a Bachelors degree to be a 3-year degree? I highly doubt they are, and that brings things into question even more.

Using their logic, a precocious high schooler who was moved ahead and earned a Masters would have to have his/her Masters evaluated as a Bachelors because the University admitted him/her without a 4-year degree.

Sounds terribly fishy is all.

(10-24-2020, 02:11 AM)Merlin Wrote: I am pretty sure that the initial evaluation we're talking about was done in the context of an employment validation of the degree, not as an academic credential. So we should keep that in mind. We need a few more evaluations, as an academic credential and as individual courses––and from more than one evaluator, before we can really say much about the value of the degree outside of a very narrow window of knowledge.

Fair enough. At the same time, the concern is really centered on the reason for their conclusion which I think sits outside of the evaluation type. I can't see a reason why they would focus on the admission policy for one type of evaluation but not for another and, IIRC, ECE didn't explain it either in their long and drawn-out explanation. But assuming they do it this way as a routine practice, it begs the question of them: what would the admission policy have to do with the evaluation type?

I've just learned in life (as I think we all have) that when something doesn't make sense, and that thing that doesn't make sense is accompanied by a very long explanation that doesn't directly target the point of what's trying to be pushed across, it's usually BS.
(03-05-2020, 01:56 PM)hi raycathode can you tell me where you found the CVS code? I am trying ttto verify mine and it is not accepting the long code or the short ones thanks raycathode Wrote: Received my diplomas. I'm going to post the main one from Isabel I, then the back which has a course list and document verification URL and handy QR code. It came as a PDF. It prints better on A4 size paper than 8.5x11. 
At this time, the verification does not work. Entering the long code on back prompts you to enter an additional number which I ASSUME is the number at the bottom on front. Doing so turns up a "This document is not valid" message on Isabel I's verification page. Same result for the Coaching & NLP Diploma which also has the verification link and its own code.
I've emailed ENEB to ask what's up with that. (Maybe it just takes a while to get indexed into the system?) I'll stay on them about it and update if it starts working or if they clarify I'm doing it wrong.

I also am sharing the transcript they sent as well as a screenshot of optional fees in a supplemental PDF they sent. This was all sent together in a single email. Due to brevity, I haven't blurred and uploaded the ENEB diploma as I personally only have interest in the one from Universidad Isabel I, nor the Coaching ENP diplomas. If there is demand, I'll upload them all later when I have more free time.

For the record, I don't think this degree will carry much weight or have much value in the job market. I wish there was a way to A/B test putting it on a resume.

I've completed it as a guinea pig academic experiment. 

For clarity, I sent them my transcript for grades from a free term I did at Walden University and they waived Strategic Management and Marketing, which is why you see no grade on the transcript for those.

Thoughts?

[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-03-05-at-12-36-58-PM.png]

[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-03-05-at-12-37-11-PM.png][Image: Expediente-Master.png][Image: Screen-Shot-2020-03-05-at-12-36-42-PM.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes boymom1031's post:
  • ashkir
(11-17-2020, 07:50 PM)boymom1031 Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 01:56 PM)hi raycathode can you tell me where you found the CVS code? I am trying ttto verify mine and it is not accepting the long code or the short ones thanks raycathode Wrote: Received my diplomas. I'm going to post the main one from Isabel I, then the back which has a course list and document verification URL and handy QR code. It came as a PDF. It prints better on A4 size paper than 8.5x11. 
At this time, the verification does not work. Entering the long code on back prompts you to enter an additional number which I ASSUME is the number at the bottom on front. Doing so turns up a "This document is not valid" message on Isabel I's verification page. Same result for the Coaching & NLP Diploma which also has the verification link and its own code.
I've emailed ENEB to ask what's up with that. (Maybe it just takes a while to get indexed into the system?) I'll stay on them about it and update if it starts working or if they clarify I'm doing it wrong.

I also am sharing the transcript they sent as well as a screenshot of optional fees in a supplemental PDF they sent. This was all sent together in a single email. Due to brevity, I haven't blurred and uploaded the ENEB diploma as I personally only have interest in the one from Universidad Isabel I, nor the Coaching ENP diplomas. If there is demand, I'll upload them all later when I have more free time.

For the record, I don't think this degree will carry much weight or have much value in the job market. I wish there was a way to A/B test putting it on a resume.

I've completed it as a guinea pig academic experiment. 

For clarity, I sent them my transcript for grades from a free term I did at Walden University and they waived Strategic Management and Marketing, which is why you see no grade on the transcript for those.

Thoughts?

[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-03-05-at-12-36-58-PM.png]

[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-03-05-at-12-37-11-PM.png][Image: Expediente-Master.png][Image: Screen-Shot-2020-03-05-at-12-36-42-PM.png]

This was posted awhile ago.... I thought this was an update.  In any case,  I have heard that someone did get their Master Proprio degree from Universidad Isabel I evaluated as equivalent to an RA Bachelors degree.   For a degree around $300,  that's still a pretty good outcome.  It is possible that it will be evaluated differently through other foreign evaluators.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB for FIS Lorvey 0 54 3 hours ago
Last Post: Lorvey
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 256 8 hours ago
Last Post: armado
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,041 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 4 309 03-25-2024, 09:06 PM
  ENEB - exams MCDL 108 13,004 03-21-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Wowbagger
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 483 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
  Master of Public Administration BSBRose21 9 1,512 03-18-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,614 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 2 199 03-18-2024, 03:29 AM
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 546 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger