Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
ENEB Master Thread
(05-04-2021, 12:16 PM)monchevy Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 11:24 AM)rachel83az Wrote: ENEB is not a scam. MCA arguably could be. It's definitely on the shady side. If ENEB doesn't fill the purposes that you want, that's fine. But it doesn't make them a scam. There are worse ways to spend $300. I'd personally rather have a titulo propio than 1 or 2 certificates of dubious quality from Coursera/edX.

What they are selling is not a legit, accredited master's degree (let alone TWO of them) in the US.

It's been evaluated as equivalent to a Bachelor's degree, at the very least. A second Bachelor's degree or even just a (grad) certificate for $300 + evaluation costs is a good deal. It doesn't have to be equivalent to a Master's degree. It's still legit, whether or not it works for your needs is another matter.

Quote:And I said that if all you want is to learn a few things, you'd be better off taking free MOOCs than spending money on a "master's program" of unquestionably dubious quality. But if everyone wants to jump through hoops to try to turn it into something it's not JUST because it's cheap, have at it.

A free MOOC isn't going to give you a certificate or anything like that. Pretty worthless for everything except 100% personal enrichment. If you're looking for that, this forum probably isn't the right place for you. And something like "MBA (Titulo Propio), Isabel I" is going to carry more weight with more employers than something like this specialization: https://www.coursera.org/specializations...management?

Quote:An unaccredited $300 degree (sorry, two degrees...  Rolleyes )from Spain is of very little value in the US. In Europe, maybe.

See above. Also, not everyone in this forum is American.

Quote:I just find it amusing that people here question the legitimacy of a degree from the UK's Open University, while twisting themselves into a pretzel to make this a thing. If there's one thing all Groupon schools have in common, it's that they sell their programs for peanuts for a reason.

I haven't seen anyone questioning Open University's legitimacy in a while. They do, however, tend to be stupidly expensive for people outside the UK. Dumb name, too, which is probably why people even question if it's a valid university or not.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(05-04-2021, 12:16 PM)monchevy Wrote: What they are selling is not a legit, accredited master's degree (let alone TWO of them) in the US.

And I said that if all you want is to learn a few things, you'd be better off taking free MOOCs than spending money on a "master's program" of unquestionably dubious quality. But if everyone wants to jump through hoops to try to turn it into something it's not JUST because it's cheap, have at it. An unaccredited $300 degree (sorry, two degrees...  Rolleyes )from Spain is of very little value in the US. In Europe, maybe.

I just find it amusing that people here question the legitimacy of a degree from the UK's Open University, while twisting themselves into a pretzel to make this a thing. If there's one thing all Groupon schools have in common, it's that they sell their programs for peanuts for a reason.

But what do you see as "hoops"? The evaluations? You would need that for any foreign degree if transferring or trying to get admitted into a higher degree program, and what's interesting is that degrees from UK Gov recognized schools have gotten unfavorable evaluations, some far below what ENEB has gotten. SteveFoerster has pointed out the Heriot-Watt MBA that once got evaluated as an Associate degree, lol. None of the ENEB evaluations have returned a bad result like that and I think we can all agree that HW is far more prestigious than ENEB, and costs a lot more. So imagine spending all of that money at HW for an MBA only to have it evaluated as an Associate degree. Brutal.

ENEB wasn't always on Groupon nor did they charge so little, they once charged a lot more, about $8,000. But they made a business move to gain more exposure and bring in more funds. It's been both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because they've certainly accomplished their main goal, but a curse because people use it against them. Thing is, we've had regionally accredited schools use Groupon before, like National Louis University and ASA College for example. ENEB worked out an arrangement to be on Amazon, too, there was a story written up about it some time ago, but it's only in Spain at the moment because they ship a physical package.

As a sidenote: ASA which has been known as a regionally accredited school is now using the Department of Education's updated "institutionally accredited" term.
[-] The following 2 users Like eLearner's post:
  • rachel83az, Thorne
I would be absolutely furious at paying 10k for an MBA and then having it evaluate as an Associate's degree. That would be such a slap in the face.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • eLearner
ohhhh.... I want a physical package! Their website says everyone gets a tablet. I am pretty sure that does not apply to us Groupon shlubs. Sad
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(05-04-2021, 01:21 PM)Vle045 Wrote: ohhhh.... I want a physical package!  Their website says everyone gets a tablet.  I am pretty sure that does not apply to us Groupon shlubs.  Sad

It took some digging but the Amazon page is here: https://www.amazon.es/MBA-M%C3%A1ster-Ad...B07T8H2TZB It looks like Amazon buyers get some sort of customized thumb drive. I'm very tempted to purchase it just to see what arrives, lol.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(05-04-2021, 01:21 PM)Vle045 Wrote: ohhhh.... I want a physical package!  Their website says everyone gets a tablet.  I am pretty sure that does not apply to us Groupon shlubs.  Sad

Nope. Only the people who pay the full $7-8,000 (or equivalent price amount in a person's given currency) get that, or at least the last time I checked.
(05-04-2021, 01:42 PM)rachel83az Wrote:

It took some digging but the Amazon page is here: https://www.amazon.es/MBA-M%C3%A1ster-Ad...B07T8H2TZB It looks like Amazon buyers get some sort of customized thumb drive. I'm very tempted to purchase it just to see what arrives, lol.

That looks like a SIM card.  Perhaps wifi/online access is not as easy to come by and/or is included with enrollment.

(05-04-2021, 02:08 PM)eLearner Wrote:

Nope. Only the people who pay the full $7-8,000 (or equivalent price amount in a person's given currency) get that, or at least the last time I checked.

I think I will stick with my under $300 degree package.  Wink
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(05-04-2021, 03:09 PM)Vle045 Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 01:42 PM)rachel83az Wrote: It took some digging but the Amazon page is here: https://www.amazon.es/MBA-M%C3%A1ster-Ad...B07T8H2TZB It looks like Amazon buyers get some sort of customized thumb drive. I'm very tempted to purchase it just to see what arrives, lol.

That looks like a SIM card.  Perhaps wifi/online access is not as easy to come by and/or is included with enrollment.

Definitely not a SIM card. It's something like these: https://www.customusb.com/usb-business-c...icro-flip/
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(05-04-2021, 01:07 PM)eLearner Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 12:16 PM)monchevy Wrote: What they are selling is not a legit, accredited master's degree (let alone TWO of them) in the US.

And I said that if all you want is to learn a few things, you'd be better off taking free MOOCs than spending money on a "master's program" of unquestionably dubious quality. But if everyone wants to jump through hoops to try to turn it into something it's not JUST because it's cheap, have at it. An unaccredited $300 degree (sorry, two degrees...  Rolleyes )from Spain is of very little value in the US. In Europe, maybe.

I just find it amusing that people here question the legitimacy of a degree from the UK's Open University, while twisting themselves into a pretzel to make this a thing. If there's one thing all Groupon schools have in common, it's that they sell their programs for peanuts for a reason.

But what do you see as "hoops"? The evaluations? You would need that for any foreign degree if transferring or trying to get admitted into a higher degree program, and what's interesting is that degrees from UK Gov recognized schools have gotten unfavorable evaluations, some far below what ENEB has gotten. SteveFoerster has pointed out the Heriot-Watt MBA that once got evaluated as an Associate degree, lol. None of the ENEB evaluations have returned a bad result like that and I think we can all agree that HW is far more prestigious than ENEB, and costs a lot more. So imagine spending all of that money at HW for an MBA only to have it evaluated as an Associate degree. Brutal.

ENEB wasn't always on Groupon nor did they charge so little, they once charged a lot more, about $8,000. But they made a business move to gain more exposure and bring in more funds. It's been both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because they've certainly accomplished their main goal, but a curse because people use it against them. Thing is, we've had regionally accredited schools use Groupon before, like National Louis University and ASA College for example. ENEB worked out an arrangement to be on Amazon, too, there was a story written up about it some time ago, but it's only in Spain at the moment because they ship a physical package.

As a sidenote: ASA which has been known as a regionally accredited school is now using the Department of Education's updated "institutionally accredited" term.

Don't feed the trolls. This is no different than dealing with the elitists who think that the only valid degree is one from an RA institution that cost you an arm, a leg, and a kidney to pay for. Oh, and let's not forget that they can't be from an online school or a school that is any less prestigious than their alma mater or you're an unethical sack who wants to lie to people and pretend to have something you don't.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thorne's post:
  • StoicJ
Well those who enroll at ENEB say it is a good program and that is all that matters. Just don't do the MCA validation as you will be paying more than the ENEB program itself and it is a waste of money that will not give any good outcomes that I can think of. ENEB needs to stop offering MCA or they will find themselves in trouble. They should instead partner with a foreign evaluator who will give them that US regionally accredited Masters equivalency everyone wants.
[-] The following 3 users Like cacoleman1983's post:
  • rachel83az, Thorne, Vle045

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 9 718 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 24,176 5 hours ago
Last Post: dutchdragon
  ENEB - exams MCDL 118 14,595 Yesterday, 01:19 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,063 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  ENEB FOR € 30 bjcheung77 29 1,739 04-11-2024, 09:53 AM
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,266 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 0 187 03-29-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  ENEB for FIS Lorvey 6 527 03-28-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Messdiener
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 591 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 578 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM