Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 3.88 Average
ENEB Master Thread
(06-15-2021, 06:19 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: So u r trying to state that non US students are more prone to cheat?

No.

https://ejournals.bc.edu/index.php/ihe/a.../view/9494
https://journals.psu.edu/mentor/article/...3?inline=1
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/.../say.30671
https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ1140547.pdf\

Studies have.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • Kalas
To state something like this is ignorance. So as many US students do the same under the pressure.
It has nothing to do with smones nationality. Period
[-] The following 2 users Like Cofffeee's post:
  • eLearner, Thorne
(06-15-2021, 06:32 PM)eLearner Wrote: I'm just speaking factually

Can you please point out a single fact in this post?

(06-15-2021, 05:50 PM)eLearner Wrote: Please don't get upset, just my opinion too (well more fact than opinion): To be fair, papers can easily be--and are often--cheated on no matter what school you go with be it online or off, so that possibility just goes with the territory of education and isn't a problem inherent to ENEB at all. So if anything, the possibility of fraud is equal to every other school.

Schools use detection software to prevent a good deal of plagiarism, but even if you went to Harvard nothing would stop you from paying someone to write your papers, and people have done it, probably a lot more than we know of.

Honestly, if I thought so low of something, I wouldn't even bother taking it at all.

I would love to see a study that compares plagiarism rates across different schools, and see if it matches up with how we "feel".

And yes, I am getting upset, because you seem willfully ignorant, and that's about the biggest way to wind me up. I think I'm going to disengage. I've said my (way too long) piece about this. I wish you the best.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
(06-15-2021, 06:32 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(06-15-2021, 06:19 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: So u r trying to state that non US students are more prone to cheat?

Due to social pressure, students in Asia are well-known for doing ANYTHING to pass. But, again, I really don't see someone under that much pressure to do well and to do well in a "good school" to be interested at all in a titulo propio. Someone with that mindset is going to be focused on a school with a global name, not trying to cheat their way through the Spanish equivalent of what might be considered graduate-level community college.

That made me laugh because it's probably not far off, LOL!

(06-15-2021, 06:42 PM)Flelm Wrote:
(06-15-2021, 06:32 PM)eLearner Wrote: I'm just speaking factually

Can you please point out a single fact in this post?

(06-15-2021, 05:50 PM)eLearner Wrote: Please don't get upset, just my opinion too (well more fact than opinion): To be fair, papers can easily be--and are often--cheated on no matter what school you go with be it online or off, so that possibility just goes with the territory of education and isn't a problem inherent to ENEB at all. So if anything, the possibility of fraud is equal to every other school.

Schools use detection software to prevent a good deal of plagiarism, but even if you went to Harvard nothing would stop you from paying someone to write your papers, and people have done it, probably a lot more than we know of.

Honestly, if I thought so low of something, I wouldn't even bother taking it at all.

I would love to see a study that compares plagiarism rates across different schools, and see if it matches up with how we "feel".

And yes, I am getting upset, because you seem willfully ignorant, and that's about the biggest way to wind me up. I think I'm going to disengage. I've said my (way too long) piece about this. I wish you the best.

So, you ask me a question in one part, but then storm off. Okay. I won't bother answering the question.

Yes, I think disengaging is best for you, because you're acting immaturely, not being able to handle a thoughtful discussion. Good luck.
I'm thinking about enrolling in one of the ENEB Masters programs and using the research and case study content as the foundation of my dissertation for a PhD from Azteca University validated by UCN (University of Central Nicaragua). If I were to complete one of their programs, I would list it on my resume as a MBA or Masters of whatever subject from Universidad Isabel I - ENEB.
[-] The following 3 users Like cacoleman1983's post:
  • eLearner, rachel83az, Thorne
(06-15-2021, 08:10 PM)cacoleman1983 Wrote: I'm thinking about enrolling in one of the ENEB Masters programs and using the research and case study content as the foundation of my dissertation for a PhD from Azteca University validated by UCN (University of Central Nicaragua).    If I were to complete one of their programs, I would list it on my resume as a MBA or Masters of whatever subject from Universidad Isabel I - ENEB.

That sounds interesting. I'm sure all of our fiery debates would make for one heckuva read, lol. 

How has the Azteca program been going? What has the communication been like?
(06-15-2021, 08:24 PM)eLearner Wrote:
(06-15-2021, 08:10 PM)cacoleman1983 Wrote: I'm thinking about enrolling in one of the ENEB Masters programs and using the research and case study content as the foundation of my dissertation for a PhD from Azteca University validated by UCN (University of Central Nicaragua).    If I were to complete one of their programs, I would list it on my resume as a MBA or Masters of whatever subject from Universidad Isabel I - ENEB.

That sounds interesting. I'm sure all of our fiery debates would make for one heckuva read, lol. 

They tend to be hard to reach at times to answer questions.  I haven't been working on my PhD much but I do have my research proposal already done and approved.  I have direct contact with the dean if I have any issues.  I've been enrolled for a year now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cacoleman1983's post:
  • eLearner
(06-15-2021, 09:45 PM)cacoleman1983 Wrote:
(06-15-2021, 08:24 PM)eLearner Wrote:

They tend to be hard to reach at times to answer questions.  I haven't been working on my PhD much but I do have my research proposal already done and approved.  I have direct contact with the dean if I have any issues.  I've been enrolled for a year now.

Ah.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the number of students they have. I don't believe it's a large school in facility and teaching staff (please correct me if I'm wrong), but I see that they carry about 16,000 enrollments so that's a sizable workload.

BTW, I don't mean that to defend Azteca or be willfully ignorant, lol. You know I like to give every school a fair chance until they blow it, lol. I think most of us here approach it that way.
(06-15-2021, 02:41 PM)Flelm Wrote: Let's stir the pot again!  Angel 

I've reviewed (briefly) 4 or 5 of the final project assignments at this point. I personally do not feel that the effort required for these degrees rises anywhere close to the level of a traditional B&M MBA in the US, or even a course-based online MBA.
Reviewed or completed? I'm not going to argue that it reaches the level of a traditional B&M MBA in the USA, but I have had several contacts of mine with MBAs from less-prestigious, lower-ranked schools who looked at the program with me, looked at the grading standards and what I put in to get a 10 (versus what I put in to get any lower grade) and thought it was pretty close, workload-wise, to their programs. Again, none that were prestigious, but small universities with their dime-a-dozen online MBA programs that their employers paid for 2-3 years ago. Also, none that were ACBSP, AACSB, or IACBE accredited, just NA or RA.

I ask about reviewed vs completed because a friend of mine tried to answer the questions with 1-3 paragraph answers, total page length of 5-6 on the whole document, and was rather unceremoniously failed. The people in my "cohort" who have managed to get 9.5+ are almost all writing pretty comprehensive papers answering all the details, but YMMV, as is the usual fare in life.

Quote:I believe the workload is closer to a competency-based MBA (based on this reddit thread of what a WGU MBA looks like), with the exception that there are no proctored tests at all, only papers, so there exists a larger possibility of academic fraud.
This may well be true, but I'm not sure that there really is a higher possibility of academic fraud here than any other program. ENEB states that your papers must be unique and are reviewed for plagiarism, which we have just as much proof of as we have that WGU, Walden, or even Harvard do it. Hell, a friend of mine who did an online MBA in the states said that one day he turned in a 20 page paper for a class, worth 50% of his grade in said class, and received a 96 on the paper within 30 minutes of turning it in. Not at WGU, but at a public university in Texas.

The comments on his paper amounted to a pat on the back with no critique whereas any of my sub-10 papers at ENEB actually have specific feedback related to my paper. Not saying ENEB is better, but that acting like any American school is better on all fronts and suffers less potential for fraud seems like a reach to me.

Also, there are plenty of programs I found, when looking in Texas, that had no proctored examinations for their online graduate programs, only unproctored online quizzes and exams and large papers. Only reason I didn't go to one of those schools, as I like writing more than memorizing for tests, was cost. I couldn't afford $10k+ for a graduate program, so I waited.

Quote:This degree is probably worth less than the effort most will put into it. I think that most students will put in the effort that it's roughly equivalent to a competency-based MBA, and some, of course, will go above and beyond.

If I may be candid, it seems like many of these judgments come from a pretty specific perspective. While you say that the amount of effort put in at ENEB would be better put into Walden or WGU, you act like Walden or WGU carry some special power in the job market that ENEB/Isabel would lack. In truth, most of these unranked MBAs are just a slip of paper that says "MBA" and checks a box.  I honestly think that an MBA from Spain would look better than Walden, but that's just my impression of how terrible and predatory Walden has allegedly been.

Quote:However, I also think that the possibility of fraud is too high, further diluting the degree from it's already-shaky Groupon google rankings, and combined with the difficulties of explaining a Spanish postgrad degree on my CV, I will treat this as a learning experience, and possibly an opportunity to gain transfer credit for a US-based MBA program. I will not be including it on my resume, even if I don't go to a US-based MBA program.
You restated your points here and I don't see much value in rehashing what I wrote just for emphasis. If the degree won't work for you, or if you don't want to put it on your CV, that's your perogative. You're entitled to that opinion and that course of action, though I agree with eLearner -- if you think so low of the program, why are you even completing it?

As long as you're not going to slander people who do put it on their resume, or act like putting it on your resume is unethical, we'll get along fine. If you try to impose your own opinion of the program onto my life and use case, that's where we will start to have a problem. For me, this degree works and has proven to be quite useful even without officially having the diploma in-hand yet.  

I will also echo what Rachel said -- if you could afford to pay others to write your papers for you, you wouldn't be in any propio program, let alone this specific one. Maybe you'd go for a propio from the University of Barcelona for its prestige, but not one from schools like Miguel Cervantes, Isabel I, or Antonio Nebrija which would be similar to "graduate level community college" (thanks Rachel, this is my new favorite expression!).

Speaking for only myself, the reason why people are reacting badly to yourself and our other resident poster who thinks his excrement doesn't smell, notice the difference in tone. Most of us have acknowledge the limitations of the degree and discussed those cases where it would or would not work, where it would be valuable or worthless, and have talked over the issues of accreditation, quality standards, curriculum, and so forth to death.

The only people who have been repeatedly slammed for their negative opinions are the ones who refuse to see the positives or overstate negatives to the point where they unilaterally make the degree worthless and millish.

You seem to be going down the latter road, not the former, with your recent posts. Accordingly, people were reacting more cordially when you initially spoke of ENEB and stated your concerns and are becoming progressively less so as you become almost belligerent in stating your opposition.

I wrote out the above response because I want to keep this conversation productive and not start having a knock down, drag out fight in the muck over this, but I also felt that it was important to explain where people might be taking issue with your latest comments.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
Unrelated to the above discussion but I just had to know per your signature:

Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, In Progress
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, In Progress
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, In Progress
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, In Progress

How'd you wind up in four programs??
Harvard Extension School- HESA President- 2024
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
Harvard Uni- Kennedy School of Gov.- PLC- Public Leadership Credential- 01/2023
Bottega Uni- MBA-Feb. 2022
Kennesaw State Uni- BA English-Dec. 2021
Charter Oak State College- BS/AS Psychology- 2013

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB FOR € 30 bjcheung77 31 1,855 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 10 929 04-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: ecdw94
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 24,829 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  ENEB - exams MCDL 118 14,818 04-15-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,097 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,304 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 0 190 03-29-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  ENEB for FIS Lorvey 6 537 03-28-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Messdiener
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 603 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 587 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77