Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 3.88 Average
ENEB Master Thread
Its from the point of view of Management. Its not technical degree. Thus u have all these courses
You have "Personnel Management and Organizational Behavior" listed under both things you need to take and things you've been exempted from. At least if you have to take it (and Strategic Management), it should be super easy to complete? Big Grin
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(07-11-2021, 02:30 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Interesting turn of events, NARIC Belgium has evaluated the ENEB/Universidad Isabel I Masters in Big Data & BI as an equivalent Masters in the European Union... One of our members on the sister board had 6 evaluations completed for 6 ENEB/Universidad Isabel I Masters (including the MBA) and 5 of them came back as an Advanced Bachelors (final year of a 4 year degree) and the one year Masters in Big Data & BI.  Link: https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...ion.58850/ - This is another option for people who are not looking for just US recognition...

I haven't looked back on this forum in a while but that is strange that they decided to give him a Masters for one of the programs and an Advanced Bachelors for the other ones.  In theory,  I guess they looked at the length of time it took to complete the programs if that was even a consideration.   I have learned that sometimes getting a favorable evaluation from one company that may not be as standardized or common and then sending that favorable evaluation to another one that is more recognizable and recommended can produce another favorable result.
I think the real problem now with ENEB is not the credential evaluation but rather reputational concerns. If someone sees your resume and googles ENEB MBA, they will see the groupon ads along with the tons of online threads / articles bashing it or making fun of it. Probably would have been better for everyone to keep it a nice secret LOL.

I agree with some comments that suggest that the best use of an ENEB education is to accumulate credits and top off in another program (e.g. top-off MBA in the UK if they allow it). But listing ENEB on the resume? A bit too risky I think. What do you all think?
[-] The following 5 users Like smartdegree's post:
  • DeanLewis, jch, Leedeedee, Pikachu, ss20ts
(11-30-2021, 07:53 AM)smartdegree Wrote: I think the real problem now with ENEB is not the credential evaluation but rather reputational concerns.  If someone sees your resume and googles ENEB MBA, they will see the groupon ads along with the tons of online threads / articles bashing it or making fun of it.  Probably would have been better for everyone to keep it a nice secret LOL.  

I agree with some comments that perhaps make use of ENEB to accumulate credits and top off in another program.  But listing ENEB on the resume?  A bit too risky I think.  What do you all think?

I don't think so. I haven't seen tons of online threads/articles bashing it and I've examined this pretty deeply from the beginning. I've seen tons of threads with people simply discussing it and trying to understand how the program works, what propios are, and how the degrees will evaluate in the United States. I've witnessed a few knuckleheads here and there coming in to spew nonsense, but that's been so few people I can count them on one hand and still have fingers left.

That said, we're not talking about a prestigious degree. Not even close. We're talking about a foreign degree from a virtually unknown school when compared to the overall academic world. If anything, ENEB's strength is that it isn't well-known and that can help a person who isn't going for a top job, and in those cases your degree will only be a checkmark in a checkbox to move you into consideration, but you'll have it and that's a plus. For top jobs, you would be up against people with degrees from well-known schools (or at least schools that are known well within the regions the jobs are located) and you would already know that a degree from ENEB is not going to put you over those candidates if all other things are equal in that competition.

At this point, everyone who has been watching this over the past 2 years or so knows what to expect.
[-] The following 5 users Like eLearner's post:
  • DeanLewis, rachel83az, smartdegree, Thorne, TINASAM
I'm just going to strip off all school name and leave it as it is at the end of the resume after all work experiences.

Education: BA. Intl' Studies (2021), BS. Mech Engr (2021), MA. Big Data (2022), MBA (2022)
(11-30-2021, 09:19 PM)Silvious Wrote: I'm just going to strip off all school name and leave it as it is at the end of the resume after all work experiences.

Education: BA. Intl' Studies (2021), BS. Mech Engr (2021), MA. Big Data (2022), MBA (2022)

You do you, but that seems…umm…very strange.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
[-] The following 2 users Like freeloader's post:
  • ss20ts, SteveFoerster
(11-30-2021, 09:19 PM)Silvious Wrote: I'm just going to strip off all school name and leave it as it is at the end of the resume after all work experiences.

I plan on using the English name, University Isabel I of Castile.
(11-30-2021, 10:12 PM)ashkir Wrote:

I plan on using the English name, University Isabel I of Castile.

Based on Isabel's own verification site translation, it would be Isabel I of Castilla International University. It wouldn't be improper to use "Castile" as that is the direct English translation, but I've just found that even translators (including software-based translators) tend to stick with Castilla. The international part comes into play because each diploma is issued under the "international" designation. If you translate what's on the diploma in English using some translator software programs it comes out as "The Isabel I International University of Castilla", but you immediately see that translation is wrong.

I can't remember all of the approved names Isabel has right now, but another one is Isabel I University.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eLearner's post:
  • SteveFoerster
How do you find the classes? Difficult, easy? How is the student portal -- user friendly? not so much? Can you give me your review of taking one of their programs?

And lastly, how are you listing it on your resume or profiles? 

Thank you Smile

Tina
Current Degree Programs:
MA in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - GSU - April 2025
M.Ed in Elementary Education - UoPeople - December 2026
Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion (Higher Education) - UCA
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 10 927 04-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: ecdw94
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 24,795 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  ENEB - exams MCDL 118 14,787 04-15-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,095 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  ENEB FOR € 30 bjcheung77 29 1,804 04-11-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,296 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 0 189 03-29-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  ENEB for FIS Lorvey 6 537 03-28-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Messdiener
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 602 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 586 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77