Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
ENEB Master Thread
(11-16-2019, 09:47 AM)raycathode Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 01:34 AM)MrsBulletPoints Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 05:33 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: There's a reddit thread where someone pulled the trigger: https://www.reddit.com/r/Scams/comments/...=post_body

I checked out the the reddit thread. We'll have to wait for more follow-up posts on that thread.  Some folks think it's a scam and others say it's legit or possibly legit.  Someone thinks it might be worth the books you get.  One of the skeptics (I think the OP) went from 25% to 50/50. I think that means they are less skeptical (??)

I would like to hear feedback from anyone willing to risk $300.
On a lark, I used a promo code on top of a sale and got the voucher for even less. Now I have to pick a program. I'm leaning toward Big Data because it's a field increasing in importance, I might actually learn something, and it might interest me enough to finish. while I won't be qualified to work as a data scientist, i've found there's real world value in bridging the gap between two worlds. It could theoretically help me in the future in working with a firm that has both a marketing department and a department with data scientists.
I'm also considering Digital Marketing and Corporate Communications because they're in my wheelhouse (but might be redundant since I have relevant work experience that arguably trumps this degree.)
 Then again, a degree in HR could give me fallback opportunities working in HR? 
What do y'all think?

On a side note, they've told me it's self paced, the record for completion is 3 months, they're very clear that you definitely get both an ENEB diploma and a Universidad Isabel I diploma. You could list it on your CV as a Uni. Isabel I master's, and I found a number of people on LinkedIn who appear to have done that.

They sent me an example of instructions for a paper. It's very segmented and pretty direct what they're asking for in the paper, and like WGU, if you segment the paper by the rubric/instructions, you'll probably do alright.

Where did you find the promo code? At this rate what is there to lose? Forget the degree and just think of it as buying a course, you still learn something.

(11-16-2019, 05:32 AM)asianphd Wrote: I bought a package for $299. There are pdf(s) to download and quiz to be solved. What info do you guys wanted to know?

I wanted to know how legit the school / program is.  I'd also like to know if anyone has found having a degree from them to be useful/helpful/accepted or criticized.
(11-13-2019, 10:35 AM)eriehiker Wrote: This appears to be a completely online Moodle-based program.  It appears to be several years old.  It is pretty much a certainty that there is pretty much no actual teaching going on.  However, I could foresee a situation in which a completely online program that started several years ago with good intentions at $8,000 now has a day-old-bread price of $300 to $500 on Groupon.  I am sure that it is terrible.  This is probably just a little bit of cost recovery for a failed program.  At least, that's my theory.

I wonder, though, if this school is even still going to be around and still online to learn anything over the next few months...
I'm crazy!!! After looking into the program and info in more detail... I bought into this, haha... This offering reminds me of MSI (Management & Strategy Institute) that also places their programs on sale with Groupon. I purchased a few certs with Groupon for cheap, I still get emails in regards to their "sales" but buying off Groupon was much much cheaper... https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid202760
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Leedeedee
I've just bought the MBA only for $249. I can't actually start on it until April, as I'm starting my Capstone for my BSBA in January, but if there's up to 2 years to complete (18 months + 6 months free extension) it'll be ok. And if it turns out to be a scam, oh well, but I can't help but think now it's a genius idea. It's a program that costs very little to run and that they've got established software and materials for. Instead of charging 1000 people $3k to take it, charge 50,000 people $249 to take it, most of whom would never have even heard of you previously. Higher education needs more of this kind of thinking.
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert in Computing: London Metropolitan University
Prince2 Certified
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt

In Progress
Certificate in Technology Leadership: Cornell University (free through employer)

Planned
Master in Public Administration: Marconi University
Certificate in Accounting: Cornell University
[-] The following 2 users Like Leedeedee's post:
  • collegecareerstudent, warriortaupou
I'm in. I did the Big Data master's program. This is how it seems to be structured: There are 51 quizzes and 11 papers you have to write. The quizzes have the ability to be open book - although I can't find any policy on whether there's a specific rule against it. The quiz process is not dissimilar to the more simple TEEX courses.
The papers seem to involve a hypothetical business scenario and you have to make a marketing plan for Fictional Winery and break down the SWOT, demographics, channel mix etc... or you have to assess whether it makes sense for Fictional Mid-Sized Company to run a Big Data project to get info on their customers, why, and what type of project. The instructions are very specific, broken down by sections that ostensibly you should arrange your paper in the same sections according to instructions.
Look up the syllabus of the program on the website, see the sections. (There will be 11-14 depending on the program.) How many sub-sections there are will be how many quizzes. How many overall sections there are will be how many papers you need to write (11-14).
Maybe I should've sprung for the MBA+Master's to get the two-for-one. (Although I don't know that I'd put this particular MBA on my resume.)
I am in as well. I bought the combo package. I am probably going to wait a bit to redeem so that I can finish a couple of other things. I am also going in the Big Data direction with the add-on master's. I was a bit torn between the international trade master's and Big Data. In the end, I am going with Big Data because it fits well with all the math classes I have been taking.

Cheers and I hope everybody posts vigorously as we work through.
Even if it’s not a 100% diploma mill, i am still not convinced that it is really accredited,

I investigate the “faculty” on LinkedIn, most don’t list eneb, some do that have left, only one I found was current..

I searched for news about them, almost nothing but promotions like this... I’m not too hopeful here..

would have been a great question for the sister forum, although you will get insulted for asking in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
While it's not required, I'd feel more comfortable if this were a school recognized by Spain's Ministry of Education. I also don't think that Universidad Isabel I is recognized by the Minister of Education; it's some online, private school that was granted legal authority to operate. The European Higher Education Area is a continental, cooperative agreement that makes it easier for European countries to recognize credentials earned from each other's post-secondary schools. It's neither an accreditor nor governmental body that gives schools degree-granting authority.

There aren't many big data programs to compare this to since data science and data analytics are more popular options, but I thought a big data program would require more statistics. I guess this is more of a business intelligence program.

I did a search using Germany's Anabin database. It shows which schools are recognized by the German government. Universidad Isabel I is listed as a state-recognized institution. Therefore, the degree can be used in Germany. ENEB is not in the database. European University aka Euruni aka EU Business School of Barcelona is listed as unrecognized in Germany because it's not recognized in Spain.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
This sounds way too good to be true. Those of you who have pulled the trigger on this...what is the instruction or curriculum like ? There is no way that a school could offer a double masters program for less than the cost of airfare from two cities. I am very curious about this. I would love to get a second masters degree, but can anyone here find anything suggesting the resulting diploma is anything but toilet paper ?

Looks like everyone is viewing this with skepticism.

https://translate.google.com/translate?h...rev=search
(11-17-2019, 05:47 PM)Dowew Wrote: This sounds way too good to be true.  Those of you who have pulled the trigger on this...what is the instruction or curriculum like ?  There is no way that a school could offer a double masters program for less than the cost of airfare from two cities.  I am very curious about this.  I would love to get a second masters degree, but can anyone here find anything suggesting the resulting diploma is anything but toilet paper ?

Looks like everyone is viewing this with skepticism.

https://translate.google.com/translate?h...rev=search

At worst, you'll earn a degree from the unaccredited/unrecognized EU Business School. At best, you'll earn a degree from some for-profit online school in Spain that you'll have to explain to employers. If Universidad Isable I ends its partnership with ENEB, then you're screwed.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB for FIS Lorvey 0 48 2 hours ago
Last Post: Lorvey
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 253 7 hours ago
Last Post: armado
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,037 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 4 309 03-25-2024, 09:06 PM
  ENEB - exams MCDL 108 13,004 03-21-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Wowbagger
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 482 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
  Master of Public Administration BSBRose21 9 1,512 03-18-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,614 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 2 199 03-18-2024, 03:29 AM
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 546 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger