Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
ENEB Master Thread
(12-06-2019, 02:08 PM)raycathode Wrote: I received my first grade for a paper on ENEB. I made a 10. I got weirded out and was trying to figure out how I could only have scored a 10 on it. After some googling, I figured out Spanish universities are on a 10 point grade system. A 10 is an A+
Derp.
Does that mean you only need to write about 15 more papers to complete the program?
[-] The following 1 user Likes KUJO's post:
  • priceaction
It was an assignment.

(12-07-2019, 06:00 AM)KUJO Wrote:
(12-06-2019, 02:08 PM)raycathode Wrote: I received my first grade for a paper on ENEB. I made a 10. I got weirded out and was trying to figure out how I could only have scored a 10 on it. After some googling, I figured out Spanish universities are on a 10 point grade system. A 10 is an A+
Derp.
Does that mean you only need to write about 15 more papers to complete the program?

It was an assignment.
In Progress:
BS Statistics + BS Physics, Indonesia, 2023
MSc ML/AI (LJMU, UK), 2022
Completed:
PGDip ML/AI (IIITB, India), 2021
BE Civil Engineering, Universitas Pelita Harapan, 2017
I good way to look at it in the US is to see if a member of a national credentialing service would certify it. Then it would meet the requirements of the US Federal Government. If you wanted to use it to qualify for a job on USAJOBS.GOV for example. I know certain states or regional organizations might require more.

https://www.naces.org/members
[-] The following 1 user Likes KUJO's post:
  • Veg
https://www.club-mba.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3404
I wonder if the MBA is legitimate enough to list on a USAJOBS application for federal (U.S.) employment. I guess it comes down to whether the Spanish government accredits the school/program. I recall that the US government will accept degrees that are accredited by foreign governments.

Or shall we wait and see if WES accepts it on a transcript evaluation? (OK, I just emailed the WES credentialing service to find out.)

What do the letters ENEB stand for anyhow? (OK, I found my answer: Escuela de Negocios Europea de Barcelona)

I wonder how much Spanish you need to learn for the Spanish business certificate?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veg's post:
  • High_Order1
(12-12-2019, 11:26 PM)Veg Wrote: I wonder if the MBA is legitimate enough to list on a USAJOBS application for federal (U.S.) employment. I guess it comes down to whether the Spanish government accredits the school/program.  I recall that the US government will accept degrees that are accredited by foreign governments.

Or shall we wait and see if WES accepts it on a transcript evaluation? (OK, I just emailed the WES credentialing service to find out.)

What do the letters ENEB stand for anyhow? (OK, I found my answer: Escuela de Negocios Europea de Barcelona)

I wonder how much Spanish you need to learn for the Spanish business certificate?

I just received a Groupon for $229 enabling me to choose either an MBA OR a Masters from ENEB.
So I've done some reading and determined that there are two buckets of Master's degrees in Spanish law. Official degrees are based on curriculum regulated by the State. University-specific degrees are programs with curriculum determined by the University. A university-specific or 'private' degree is not acceptable for use in a Ph.d program nor acceptable for government work, but they do have value in the private sector. The ENEB Master via Universidad Isabel I is a private or university specific degree. It's worth noting that IE, one of the top business schools in Spain issues private degrees that have high value in the job market. That being said, an ENEB does NOT equate one from IE. 

This may be a case of "you get what you pay for." Is it a "real" degree? Yes, according to Spanish law. Does it have any real world value? I mean... it'll look nice on the wall.

https://www.uab.cat/web/study/graduate/w...49545.html

https://www.ie.edu/official-and-private-degrees/
....This may be a case of "you get what you pay for." Is it a "real" degree? Yes, according to Spanish law. Does it have any real world value? I mean... it'll look nice on the wall

For a diploma that will look nice on the wall...don't need to pay $229. Go DIY at this website will do :

https://www.canva.com/templates/search/d...tificates/
(12-22-2019, 09:27 PM)raycathode Wrote: So I've done some reading and determined that there are two buckets of Master's degrees in Spanish law. Official degrees are based on curriculum regulated by the State. University-specific degrees are programs with curriculum determined by the University. A university-specific or 'private' degree is not acceptable for use in a Ph.d program nor acceptable for government work, but they do have value in the private sector. The ENEB Master via Universidad Isabel I is a private or university specific degree. It's worth noting that IE, one of the top business schools in Spain issues private degrees that have high value in the job market. That being said, an ENEB does NOT equate one from IE. 

This may be a case of "you get what you pay for." Is it a "real" degree? Yes, according to Spanish law. Does it have any real world value? I mean... it'll look nice on the wall.

https://www.uab.cat/web/study/graduate/w...49545.html

https://www.ie.edu/official-and-private-degrees/

I looked at IE. They offer many choices of degrees: https://www.ie.edu/studies/. Some are offered in collaboration with universities in the U.S. (E.g., Brown and Northwestern). There is a fee to apply.  This is worthy of its own thread. Yes, IE presents like a more robust program -- the website is more informative.
I work for the government and I was looking into this option to aid in promotion. It is to my understanding that foreign education can be evaluated by a private U.S. organization that translates or interprets foreign education and transcripts. Once that evaluation is completed/approved, it is also to my understanding that the education received abroad is as good as “accredited”. I have also worked with foreigners in the past that used an organization called World Education Services to legitimize their education here in the U.S. Now my only question was has anyone successfully had World Education Services or any other U.S. organization approve their degree/transcripts with ENEB/Universidad Isabel? I googled "ENEB" "World Education Services" together with quotations and there were two LinkedIn profiles that have the degree from ENEB listed with World Education Services Credential ID under it.

I highlighted important passages from this link. This is straight from the Office of Personnel (Government) website. I understand that everyone's goals are different but, if you would like this degree to be accepted/seen as legit this seems like the route to take. I hope this helps Shy
https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-policies/#url=e4

1. Foreign Education — Education completed outside of the United States must be deemed equivalent to that gained in conventional/accredited U.S. education programs to be acceptable for Federal employment. Most foreign education is not accredited by an accrediting body that is recognized by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education. A few medical schools are accredited under country standards that have been determined to be "comparable" to U.S. standards by the U.S. Department of Education's National Committee on Foreign Medical Education and Accreditation. For foreign education that is not so accredited, agencies should follow the provisions below before considering such education for Federal employment.
Unless the foreign education meets the criteria in paragraph (a) above, applicants must submit all necessary documents to a private U.S. organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign educational credentials, commonly called a credential evaluation service. To be acceptable, the foreign credential evaluation must include/describe:
      • The type of education received by the applicant;
      • The level of education in relation to the U.S. education system, and state that its comparability recommendations follow the general guidelines of the International Evaluation Standards Council;
      • The content of the applicant's educational program earned abroad and the standard obtained;
      • The status of the awarding foreign school's recognition and legitimacy in its home country's education system; and
      • Any other information of interest such as what the evaluation service did to obtain this information, the qualifications of the evaluator, and any indications as to other problems such as forgery.
https://www.wes.org/partners/ (organization that can be used)
Foreign credential evaluations that do not contain the above information or that state there is insufficient information provided by the applicant on which to base an evaluation should not be accepted. If the requested evaluation shows the foreign education to be legitimate and comparable to that expected of a candidate with U.S. credentials, it may be accepted at the discretion of the agency. For further information on the evaluation of foreign education, refer to the U.S. Department of Education's web site at http://www.ed.gov (external link).
Professional Licensure: Possession of a valid and current U.S. professional license by a graduate of a foreign professional school or program is sufficient proof that the foreign education has been determined to be equivalent to the requisite U.S. professional education in that occupational field.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 10 838 9 hours ago
Last Post: ecdw94
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 24,507 Yesterday, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  ENEB - exams MCDL 118 14,678 04-15-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,083 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  ENEB FOR € 30 bjcheung77 29 1,775 04-11-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,272 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 0 187 03-29-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  ENEB for FIS Lorvey 6 535 03-28-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Messdiener
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 596 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 583 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77