ENEB Master Thread
Nice, it quite summing up! Thanks.
In Progress:
BS Statistics + BS Physics, Indonesia, 2023
MSc ML/AI (LJMU, UK), 2022
Completed:
PGDip ML/AI (IIITB, India), 2021
BE Civil Engineering, Universitas Pelita Harapan, 2017
After quite a bit of research, I've come to the conclusion that ENEB is a legitimate, if relatively unknown, for profit school. The degree is legitimate, and I would equate it to an MBA from Herzing. Perhaps not prestigious, but still legitimate. Their business plan could make complete sense, offering a program for practically nothing and making up the difference in volume, but their marketing is terrible. I am currently working on the EDX Micromasters MBA core curriculum, and as they told me that they will recognize the credits towards their degree, I decided it's worth the $300 to check it out. Once you log in, the course content is all there. It seems complete, and at least the Spanish version is well written and organized. There are videos, PDF manuals for each class, and a fairly intensive final project for each course. The information alone is likely worth the Groupon price. If I get them to upgrade my micromasters to a full recognized MBA for their additional $300 and a few additional courses, I'll be content with it. They really need to focus on their marketing. My suggestion to them would be to partner with businesses to offer the MBA as a perk to employees, and pick up the cost. They may get a bit more per student, and can ditch the Groupon nonsense as it really pulls into question the integrity of their school.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Popestt's post:
  • collegecareerstudent
This is good as a professional certificate and $300 would be the typical cost for a program that is centered around professional development like the courses you see at MOOC sites.  These are likely equivalent as legal degrees to religiously exempt / state-approved degrees here in the USA.    I would place these on the certification / license part of a resume but not in the degree section unless you can find a way to get these accredited from a transfer/validated university which I am sure is possible through having a university validate and re-award the degree as government accredited which a foreign equivalency company would translate to accredited in your respective county.
@Popestt I would be careful with your claims, it's not because that you did quite a bit of research that you are right, and I would be even more careful sending people ENEB way when their degree-granting system is so complex. What I heard is that ENEB get its degree validated by another university. While the other university is legitimate, the programs from ENEB are not recognized by degree-granting institutions.

People, it's 300 bucks, you get what you pay for, if you want to teach or use it in any other way than as a novelty, I would just not do that.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
(01-15-2020, 11:22 AM)posabsolute Wrote: While the other university is legitimate, the programs from ENEB are not recognized by degree-granting institutions.

People, it's 300 bucks, you get what you pay for, if you want to teach or use it in any other way than as a novelty, I would just not do that.

The first part is not correct. The specific degrees ENEB offers through Isabel I are granted by Isabel I, and are recognized by RUCT - not just Isabel I as a school, but the actual degrees are listed on the RUCT website. They are real. These degrees can be used without issue for employment and visa purposes throughout Europe (Gernamy's Anabin database lists Isabel I as H+ status, which means all their degrees are good to go, while TESU is listed as H+/-, which means they recognize some degrees but not others). Under the EQF framework, there is at least the possibility that you can transfer credits earned through ENEB to another European school (and vice-versa, if you wanted to) and as previously mentioned, an ENEB Master's carries an EQF 7 rating (out of 8, 8 being doctoral level education).

The second part is at least partially correct: it looks like you could not use this degree to teach or pursue a doctorate, at least in Spain. Other European countries may not recognize the distinction that Spain puts in place for these private degrees. Pretty sure that would be a case by case, country by country thing.

The issue with this ENEB/Isabel I degree is in an American context. As far as we know, it has not been evaluated by a credential service like WES. Unitl it is, all that we can do is speculate as to how it would be received.

The difference between the American and European higher education systems, both in credentialing and cost, is pretty wild. We see a masters degree for $300 and automatically think it's a scam, because in an American context, it absolutely would be. It being advertised on Groupon really, *really* doesn't help. But public universities in Germany don't charge tuition at all, most of them, and in other countries like Estonia, you might pay only 900 Euros a year for tuition - and that's for butt-in-seat learning, not a mostly-automated online program like this one. 

If you're looking at using this degree outside the US, especially in Europe, and you understand the limitations of it, I can't really see a reason not to pursue it - unless the agreement between ENEB and Isabel I suddenly gets terminated before you complete the program.

If you want to use it in the US, you're buying a $300 lottery ticket until WES or or another evaluation service actually, you know, evaluates it.
TESU BALS Humanities, thanks to this place!

The mind is willing, but the wallet is weak.
[-] The following 2 users Like Notgodot's post:
  • eLearner, StoicJ
(01-15-2020, 07:58 PM)Notgodot Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 11:22 AM)posabsolute Wrote: While the other university is legitimate, the programs from ENEB are not recognized by degree-granting institutions.

The first part is not correct. The specific degrees ENEB offers through Isabel I are granted by Isabel I, and are recognized by RUCT - not just Isabel I as a school, but the actual degrees are listed on the RUCT website. They are real. These degrees can be used without issue for employment and visa purposes throughout Europe (Gernamy's Anabin database lists Isabel I as H+ status, which means all their degrees are good to go, while TESU is listed as H+/-, which means they recognize some degrees but not others). Under the EQF framework, there is at least the possibility that you can transfer credits earned through ENEB to another European school (and vice-versa, if you wanted to) and as previously mentioned, an ENEB Master's carries an EQF 7 rating (out of 8, 8 being doctoral level education).

The second part is at least partially correct: it looks like you could not use this degree to teach or pursue a doctorate, at least in Spain. Other European countries may not recognize the distinction that Spain puts in place for these private degrees. Pretty sure that would be a case by case, country by country thing.

The issue with this ENEB/Isabel I degree is in an American context. As far as we know, it has not been evaluated by a credential service like WES. Unitl it is, all that we can do is speculate as to how it would be received.

The difference between the American and European higher education systems, both in credentialing and cost, is pretty wild. We see a masters degree for $300 and automatically think it's a scam, because in an American context, it absolutely would be. It being advertised on Groupon really, *really* doesn't help. But public universities in Germany don't charge tuition at all, most of them, and in other countries like Estonia, you might pay only 900 Euros a year for tuition - and that's for butt-in-seat learning, not a mostly-automated online program like this one. 

If you're looking at using this degree outside the US, especially in Europe, and you understand the limitations of it, I can't really see a reason not to pursue it - unless the agreement between ENEB and Isabel I suddenly gets terminated before you complete the program.

If you want to use it in the US, you're buying a $300 lottery ticket until WES or or another evaluation service actually, you know, evaluates it.

Well it's complicated to make a decision either way but overall it's still a good deal.    I don't need another Masters but I would do this for professional development training.  It's perfect to see it as a professional certification for $300.   If someone is able to use it as a degree, it's practically free.  I will wait till a WES or NACES report it as accredited.  I've contacted WES already about ENEB/Universidad Isabel I.   Another option would be to transfer these credits into another European university that is government approved that will be marked as equivalent to regional accreditation here in the USA.
From my research, I think Notgodot is right on the money. The grey area is not in their accreditation. The grey area is how the difference between a "título propio" and "título oficial" are perceived internationally. In Spain, a título propio is a professional development degree, recognized still as a degree, not a certificate. A Título oficial is an academic degree which allows a person to continue on to a doctorate. The ENEB degree appears to be as legit as any other título propio, just not as prestigious.
(01-16-2020, 12:02 PM)Popestt Wrote: From my research, I think Notgodot is right on the money. The grey area is not in their accreditation. The grey area is how the difference between a "título propio" and "título oficial" are perceived internationally. In Spain, a título propio is a professional development degree, recognized still as a degree, not a certificate. A Título oficial is an academic degree which allows a person to continue on to a doctorate. The ENEB degree appears to be as legit as any other título propio, just not as prestigious.

So since these are accredited professional programs that are not really academic programs, I'm guessing NACES or WES would evaluate the program for graduate level hours without recognizing it as an equivalent degree.  This is the case with Universidad de Nicaragua.  WES only evaluates the hours because their laws for accreditation in Nicaragua are too open and they validate "titulo propio" studies as "titulo oficial" studies.  In other words,  you can transfer and/or be validated for a government accredited degree based off of the university studies degree by paying an additional fee.  The government accredited degree is then evaluated by a NACES vendor as a US regionally accredited degree.
@cacoleman1983 - That's very interesting, have you done something along the same lines with Universidad de Nicaragua or read about that? This program from ENEB is more of a precursor for me, like a pre-masters thing I want to have completed before I work on a real Masters degree. I am doing this more for the experience/learning than the recognition the school should/will provide and treating this like an alternative edx MicroMasters.

I will be doing an MBA elsewhere (Capella/Walden, or whatever) and taking two from ENEB's offerings, my 1st choice: Big Data & Business Intelligence is more like Data Analytics, I think that's going to be a big field. 2nd choice: Digital Marketing & E-Commerce as everything now is going online for internet based banking/shopping etc.

I don't think any management option would be good, it'll be too redundant to the MBA which is a general business management degree already. I want more diversity, recognition, value in getting a degree from different subject fields. I can specialize in multiple fields instead of being stuck with general business management.

An example would be, if someone took a BSBA in Project Management and then took an MBA (general) and a Masters with Project Management option, they would only be qualified for general business and project management. For me, I would go for a BSBA, MBA, and Big Data if I wanted to go into general business management and also get an option to go into Big Data/Business Intelligence.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-16-2020, 03:51 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @cacoleman1983 - That's very interesting, have you done something along the same lines with Universidad de Nicaragua or read about that?  This program from ENEB is more of a precursor for me, like a pre-masters thing I want to have completed before I work on a real Masters degree.  I am doing this more for the experience/learning than the recognition the school should/will provide and treating this like an alternative edx MicroMasters.

I will be doing an MBA elsewhere (Capella/Walden, or whatever) and taking two from ENEB's offerings, my 1st choice: Big Data & Business Intelligence is more like Data Analytics, I think that's going to be a big field.  2nd choice: Digital Marketing & E-Commerce as everything now is going online for internet based banking/shopping etc.  

I don't think any management option would be good, it'll be too redundant to the MBA which is a general business management degree already.  I want more diversity, recognition, value in getting a degree from different subject fields.  I can specialize in multiple fields instead of being stuck with general business management.

An example would be, if someone took a BSBA in Project Management and then took an MBA (general) and a Masters with Project Management option, they would only be qualified for general business and project management.  For me, I would go for a BSBA, MBA, and Big Data if I wanted to go into general business management and also get an option to go into Big Data/Business Intelligence.

I heard about Universidad de Nicaragua (UCN) from degreeinfo.com because I was looking for a distance PhD that could be done online for the lowest cost possible with regional accreditation equivalency in order to have the Dr. title and teach as an adjunct or be competitive for a full time community college teaching position.   I am currently registered but have not paid the $6,000+ tuition for the entire program.  Since I have multiple degrees and certificates with a high number of ECTS credits, I would only need to submit a dissertation proposal and full dissertation in a period of a minimum 2 years in order to earn the PhD from that school as it is autonomous and is an independent PhD in Education where I could select the specialty I want.

Universidad de Nicaragua has partnerships with several universities.  Four of them that I know of are Intercultural Open University, University of America,  Swiss Management Center, and Universidad Azteca.   These schools by themselves are not government accredited but UCN validates them and awards an accredited degree.  People could then take the UCN degree and get it evaluated as an equivalent USA regional accredited degree.

As far as ENEB goes,  I am very curious about their school and may just do it for the fun of it.  I am investigating to see what will happen if I were to transfer these credit hours to UCN.  I may be able to get a Doctor of Business Administration with a shorter dissertation in one year if I enrolled in the Double Masters at ENEB / Universidad I, complete those programs, and then transfer those two years worth of credits in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cacoleman1983's post:
  • ROYISAGIRL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB for FIS Lorvey 0 85 8 hours ago
Last Post: Lorvey
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 279 Yesterday, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,076 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 4 312 03-25-2024, 09:06 PM
  ENEB - exams MCDL 108 13,007 03-21-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Wowbagger
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 484 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
  Master of Public Administration BSBRose21 9 1,512 03-18-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,615 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 2 199 03-18-2024, 03:29 AM
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 546 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger