Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
ENEB Master Thread
Well, sent in the online admissions form for JFKu and shortly after missed a call from an advisor. Called back and it said it was for Northcentral University .He tried to sell me on the Northcentral MBA program for $33,000 and when unspecified I was interested in the JFKu program, he (wrongly) said that was an undergrad program only. I mentioned that it's a master's degree and he said that program no longer exists. I felt like he has no idea what he was talking about and was more interested in aggressive pitching the uninteresting Northcentral program. I emailed the JFKu admissions email address directly to confirm what he said. If they are no longer offering the program, I will go forward with WGU, but the idea of a competency based program offered by a school that also has a brick and mort campus is certainly appealing.
[-] The following 2 users Like Popestt's post:
  • badooble, harrypotter
i would be pretty shocked if that's the case. they have been aggressively advertising their flex MBA.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I emailed their admissions box on the 22nd asking for a confirmation, and again this morning and have not received any replies. I called several times and was sent to a voicemail, which I have left 2 since the 22nd. That pretty much seals the deal for me to divert my attention to WGU for the MBA. I did on the other hand hear back from ENEB who said that I can change over to the Master in International trade curriculum for a $35 fee, and I just might go through that curriculum after finishing at WGU, because why not? Worst case scenario, I learn something, best case scenario, it compliments the MBA, which is the only degree the employer will care about anyways.
That's disappointing. I was excited to learn more about JFKu. It's been pretty un explored around here. we know a lot about the WGU process, but almost nothing since Patten went under.

Maybe they still have some Patten baggage Tongue

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

I finally got a response to the second email, actually not long after I made that post. The person apologized for the confusion that the advisor gave me, and told me they will have an advisor familiar with the MBA program contact me. I will keep you updated. The biggest thing that I need to research, is how the acreditacion will affect the degree. jfku is regionally accredited, but their business school is not specifically accredited. WGU does have acbsp accreditation. That is one check box for WGU. The biggest thing I would like to see before deciding would be a video/slideshow/ amature sketch of what their platform looks like now. And an idea of how they assess the material learned vs the old Patten program.
WGU's business program did fairly recently pick up programmatic accreditation, but honestly unless you want to go into teaching in the field at the college level, not many people know or care about programmatic business accreditation.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Finally spoke to a JFKU advisor. She still wasn't very knowledgeable about the program, but did state that you can complete the individual courses as quickly as you want, but that you cannot start the next set of courses until the next term. She said the MBA cannot be completed in less than 1.5 years due to that. It still didn't seem to match what they are advertising. I think unfortunately nobody is on the same page with JFKu flexcourse. I will probably go with WGU for that reason, unfortunately.
haha their catalog says otherwise. oh well. bummer that they don't have their act together.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Weird, JFKu doesn't seem to have their resources together, reminds me of a gong show like TESU's advisors saying one thing and then their details are different than what you would expect. Anyways, if you've decided on WGU, they are a good choice as they've got the ACBSP and also a large alumni base to network with - I haven't read many people have completed the JFKu degrees. Either way, good luck on your studies Popestt.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Received my diplomas. I'm going to post the main one from Isabel I, then the back which has a course list and document verification URL and handy QR code. It came as a PDF. It prints better on A4 size paper than 8.5x11. 
At this time, the verification does not work. Entering the long code on back prompts you to enter an additional number which I ASSUME is the number at the bottom on front. Doing so turns up a "This document is not valid" message on Isabel I's verification page. Same result for the Coaching & NLP Diploma which also has the verification link and its own code.
I've emailed ENEB to ask what's up with that. (Maybe it just takes a while to get indexed into the system?) I'll stay on them about it and update if it starts working or if they clarify I'm doing it wrong.

I also am sharing the transcript they sent as well as a screenshot of optional fees in a supplemental PDF they sent. This was all sent together in a single email. Due to brevity, I haven't blurred and uploaded the ENEB diploma as I personally only have interest in the one from Universidad Isabel I, nor the Coaching ENP diplomas. If there is demand, I'll upload them all later when I have more free time.

For the record, I don't think this degree will carry much weight or have much value in the job market. I wish there was a way to A/B test putting it on a resume.

I've completed it as a guinea pig academic experiment. 

For clarity, I sent them my transcript for grades from a free term I did at Walden University and they waived Strategic Management and Marketing, which is why you see no grade on the transcript for those.

Thoughts?

[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-03-05-at-12-36-58-PM.png]

[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-03-05-at-12-37-11-PM.png][Image: Expediente-Master.png][Image: Screen-Shot-2020-03-05-at-12-36-42-PM.png]
[-] The following 7 users Like ReyMysterioso's post:
  • 4252049, 78unknowncl, ChilliDawg, eLearner, Kal Di, ROYISAGIRL, StoicJ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB for FIS Lorvey 0 79 7 hours ago
Last Post: Lorvey
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 273 Yesterday, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,073 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 4 310 03-25-2024, 09:06 PM
  ENEB - exams MCDL 108 13,007 03-21-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Wowbagger
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 484 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
  Master of Public Administration BSBRose21 9 1,512 03-18-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,615 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 2 199 03-18-2024, 03:29 AM
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 546 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger