Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU)
(02-09-2022, 05:24 PM)park0902 Wrote: Is there anybody know that I can ask my school to issue some kind of confirmation for my degree so I can apply for this program?

This is something I suggest asking in the UMPI section. I don't think UMPI does anything like that, but it's worth checking anyway. I would also suggest emailing HAU regarding the situation and whether they might be willing to wait a couple of days for official transcripts that show graduation conferral.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • park0902
(02-09-2022, 05:34 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 05:24 PM)park0902 Wrote: Is there anybody know that I can ask my school to issue some kind of confirmation for my degree so I can apply for this program?

This is something I suggest asking in the UMPI section. I don't think UMPI does anything like that, but it's worth checking anyway. I would also suggest emailing HAU regarding the situation and whether they might be willing to wait a couple of days for official transcripts that show graduation conferral.
They admitted me provisionally prior to graduation at TESU, once my degree was conferred, they removed the condition.

I graduated Mid March, started at HAU end March
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 2 users Like cerich67's post:
  • jch, park0902
I submitted my payment plan form today for the March 28 start. It'll probably take me 2-2.5 years to finish, so hopefully I'll be able to say in 2024 that I'm a HAU graduate.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • allvia
That's great to hear! Looks like we're handing them an all star alumni network on a silver platter  Cool
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

If more colleges would offer steal of a deal online and alt programs this forum would sure sell it for them. Think of all the business this board has sent to tesu , cosc , hau , Georgia tech , among others.
Yup, we like sharing potential deals. Some may want to take it, some may not, it all depends on what the student is looking for and if this hits the spot. Initially, I didn't go for the deal, but have recommended it for several others... It is a very good program!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Do you guys know how long it would take until you got the acceptance letter?
Sophia.org: 74 LL credits
TEEX: 13 credits (3 UL + 10LL) 
ACTFL: 24 credits (12 LL + 12 UL) 
Community College: 81 LL credits (2 AAs)
WGU: 9 UL credits
UMPI: 42 credits (30 UL + 12 LL)
Study.com 12 credits (6 UL + 6LL)
UMPI BLS, minor in Management. Magna Cum Claude. (May '22)
A few days for me.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • park0902
You can't go wrong with the price. If anything it may just add to your resume or fill a check box while learning something new. I personally am doing the degree to learn a few new things. I guess I like to keep my brain busy in between degrees. At one point even considered doing the University of the People free Masters in Education Program. (not really free but super cheap). I already applied for three programs and going to see which one I get into next as I am done with HAU hopefully by June/July (three more classes left after both spring terms)
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
[-] The following 1 user Likes newdegree's post:
  • Tedium
I've submitted my application to HAU and am waiting to hear back. In the meantime it was discovered that a number of their webpages are coming up as "account suspended".

https://mba.hauniv.edu/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi

Other pages seem to work just fine. Another member in a different thread guessed that it was a technical error as their webpages are routed through two different IP's and maybe they accidentally let the service lapse. I'm hoping his guess is correct.

Since my experience with this institution is very limited it left me questioning if applying with them was a wise move. I realize that is most likely just my brain over-reacting to nothing, but I want to make sure that I enroll with an institution that is not in trouble and will still be there to grant my degree in two years.  

I know a number of other members have a more extensive relationship with HAU and was wondering if any of you were aware of this glitch, and if it is a red flag that should concern me or not?

Have a great day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lidel's post:
  • Vle045

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 184 Yesterday, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 702 Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,843 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,095 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 492 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,296 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 365 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,634 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  American Institute of Law - My Journey AnonJD2027 14 2,098 03-19-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: JazzMac
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,814 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher