Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MBA or MA - Canadian Student
Flelm,

Here's a nice chart; https://www.saera.eu/en/differences-betw...nd-propio/

Once you understand the specific benefits that the degree provides in the host country (Spain), you will see that public sector work isn't the intended purpose. So, why expect that you can even get this type of work in Canada with a degree that doesn't necessarily give you that benefit in Spain? I have already shown how this degree can potentially be applied within the private sector in Canada (Gettting an ECE Canada evaluation, or leaving the degree as it is on the resume). I have also shown a pathway for Canadians who want to use this degree in applications to various Canadian institutions of higher learning. ECE has already partenered with many institutions throughout Canada. Currently, ECE is officially listed on the websites of several colleges/universities in Western Canada when it comes to credential evaluation options.
I am well familiar with the difference between a master oficial and and a titulo propio. My opinion isn't going to be changed on this matter.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • jsd
(02-14-2022, 02:38 PM)Flelm Wrote: WES Canada doesn't recognize ENEB degrees either. I have a message in an ENEB Whatsapp group that testifies to that.

If someone is looking for a Master's degree, and is Canadian, I would not recommend ENEB. (I wouldn't recommend that for US citizens either if that's their goal, but I don't want to rehash all that).

WES recognition, or any recognition, isn't generally required for business degrees. From here, "Most occupations in Canada are non-regulated...you do not typically require any special licenses or certificates...may not need a review of your foreign certificate or license but an employer can ask for one"

Not trying to change anyone's mind, just pointing out that objectively, evaluations aren't required. Maybe the culture is quite demanding of foreign degree holders, even if that degree was issued in a first-world European nation.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
OP asked about a master's degree, not a second bachelor's degree. No point in doing all of that work for a second bachelor's degree you neither want nor need, so the ECE evaluation is worthless for this situation.

I don't know about Canada, but in the U.S., there is no such thing as a type of degree that can only be used in the private sector, so the titulo propio concept has no bearing here. Each government agency, each level of government, and each private employer will have its own requirements. Some private employers are stricter than some government agencies. Private employers may not always check for accreditation or to even verify that you earned the degree you claim to have, mostly out of ignorance and naivete, but they usually do expect that a degree came from an accredited college or university. A degree from a foreign school outside of the U.S. or Canada will probably receive more scrutiny.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 4 users Like sanantone's post:
  • carrythenothing, Flelm, jsd, ss20ts
sanantone,

There are literally tons of credential evaluation options in the United States. These two broad options are frequently preferred by government agencies in the U.S.; https://www.naces.org/members and https://aice-eval.org/endorsed-members/

Example: https://www.state.gov/global-community-l...n-degrees/

ECE (a NACES member) has given a Bachelor's degree equivalency, but other NACES members have expressed the willingness to give a "Graduate Certificate" equivalency to Universidad Isabel I degrees (from what I recall). AICE members will likely provide graduate credit for your ENEB degree. Furthermore, you can find countless non-NACES and non-AICE options in each state, so the chances of getting a Master's equivalency are very high indeed, especially with the latter services. It all depends on the agency/place where you want your ENEB credentials recognized. There are no universal solutions here.

It's an amazing credential for the kind of price...
[-] The following 1 user Likes openair's post:
  • Kal Di
(02-14-2022, 04:48 PM)openair Wrote: sanantone,

There are literally tons of credential evaluation options in the United States. These two broad options are frequently preferred by government agencies in the U.S.; https://www.naces.org/members and https://aice-eval.org/endorsed-members/

Example: https://www.state.gov/global-community-l...n-degrees/

ECE (a NACES member) has given a Bachelor's degree equivalency, but other NACES members have expressed the willingness to give a "Graduate Certificate" equivalency to Universidad Isabel I degrees (from what I recall). AICE members will likely provide graduate credit for your ENEB degree. Furthermore, you can find countless non-NACES and non-AICE options in each state, so the chances of getting a Master's equivalency are very high indeed, especially with the latter services. It all depends on the agency/place where you want your ENEB credentials recognized. There are no universal solutions here.

It's an amazing credential for the kind of price...

Graduate credit and graduate certificates are not master's degrees, so there are no indicators yet that the chance of receiving an accredited master's equivalency is "very high." Plus, the graduate would potentially have to spend money on multiple evaluations hoping to receive one that's favorable. The ethical thing to do is to give all known information when recommending a school like this so the OP can make an informed decision. The OP can determine whether they want to do all of that work for a degree that may or may not receive an accredited master's degree evaluation or for a degree that may or may not disqualify them for a future employment opportunity. Just keep in mind that there are hundreds of thousands of job openings with government agencies and government contractors plus hundreds of thousands of job openings with private employers that explicitly state that accreditation is required. If you're comfortable with potentially eliminating yourself from millions of employment opportunities in the present and future, then go for it. 

My advice based on my personal opinion is that your first master's degree should have utility almost everywhere. The ENEB degree might be cheap, but it still requires time and effort that could have been put toward an affordable program at an accredited university in the U.S. or Canada. After that, drop money wherever for professional development, but I prefer free and low-cost certificates and certifications for upskilling.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 2 users Like sanantone's post:
  • jsd, ss20ts
(02-13-2022, 05:48 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Technically, the program is open to Internationally students as well I think...  bmac66 and cerich67 are both Canadian if I recall correctly, cerich67 is in the US currently though and they were the ones I was referring to in my previous post.  Here's a thread from last month: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...M-Dec-2021

In that case, the HAU MBA is a steal at the current $3k (for the entire degree).  I have a family member enrolled in currently and is very pleased with the program (has a non-business bachelor and is learning a lot).  It is a more traditional program than WGU; not self-paced/competency like WGU - HAU is one course at a time (generally 7 weeks each, making 2 per semester) - both are RA degrees. But again, it is $3k US total (other than books, which have had low cost options so far) - and they offer great payment terms, WGU is low cost only if you can get through it in one six-month term. There are a few threads here now on the Hellenic American University (HAU) MBA, for more information I suggest you search on 'Hellenic' as HAU is too short for a keyword on the forum.

Also, there is an entire monster thread already on the pro/con debate of value on the ENEB degree, I don't think it needs to be rehashed here.  If the OP is interested in that here is that link:  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-under-300
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • ss20ts
As a Canadian with a background in the financial services sector working with one of the top firms, I can say that Canadian hiring managers don't look fondly on any foreign degree outside the US/UK/France.  It doesn't even matter if you go to the top ranked schools in italy, greece, spain, do it on-campus, and have it validated by WES.  They will NOT have the same value as a Canadian degree in the job market.  You are better off doing a local community college graduate certificate (e.g. Seneca, BCIT, etc) vs a foreign MBA.  In fact, a lot of foreign MBAs study at a community college in Canada to facilitate job hunting when they migrate to Canada.    

The exception would be if the hiring manager is himself/herself a recent immigrant with a foreign education from that country.   So a Spanish MBA can probably get hired if the hiring manager is also Spanish or Mexican, etc.  

Probably the only value of a foreign degree in Canada is its ability to get you admission to a Canadian masters degree which will then lead to a job.  Or maybe (like I am considering) using it for personal development and "top off" my other Canadian/US degrees.  

I don't like this situation, but it is what it is.  Because of how cheap tuition is in Canada, the job market is flooded with underemployed grads from top local universities.  In Quebec, you can get an MBA for $2K to 3K if you're a local.  In Ontario, almost all academic/research masters (non-MBA) are fully funded (free tuition) for locals.  If you're the employer who would you hire first?
sanantone,

I don't actually disagree with you that "your first Master's degree should have utility everywhere." That's very good advice. I've followed this advice. My Universidad Isabel I degree comes on top of a Bachelor's degree from a U.S. regionally accredited university (UMPI) and (perhaps more importantly for this discussion) a Master's degree from a government-accredited European university. I also hold several theological degrees including a DEAC one.

I just have a different take on the ethics aspect. I don't see anything unethical in recommending a degree from a fully recognized Spanish university that literally costs peanuts and provides fantastic professional development and potential recognition, albeit at a lower level based on the current evaluations.
(02-14-2022, 05:39 PM)smartdegree Wrote: I don't like this situation, but it is what it is.  Because of how cheap tuition is in Canada, the job market is flooded with underemployed grads from top local universities.  In Quebec, you can get an MBA for $2K to 3K if you're a local.  In Ontario, almost all academic/research masters (non-MBA) are fully funded (free tuition) for locals.  If you're the employer who would you hire first?

Wow an MBA for $2-3K? That's pretty amazing. I know there's the HAU option in the US, but that's really rare and probably won't last forever as it has specific funding.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,793 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  My Duke Student Blog Post ThatBankDude 1 262 03-04-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Most affordable online Master in Finance for international student David1477 23 2,335 12-12-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Online MBA- potential student Love2LearnAlways 29 2,866 09-19-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Which UK university offer the cheapest MBA top up for foreign student? soulblader 9 1,321 03-10-2023, 08:42 AM
Last Post: soulblader
  MBA grad with >$300k salary complains about MBA student loan smartdegree 8 1,250 08-17-2022, 03:43 PM
Last Post: wow
  Free Canadian Master's degrees rachel83az 0 892 08-14-2021, 03:44 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  200m bronze medalist online or extended campus student? sanantone 35 3,039 08-09-2021, 11:22 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Officially a Grad Student ss20ts 16 2,724 07-16-2021, 09:20 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Free APPLICATION from Havard, but it is for needs base student Imbanewbie 13 1,715 06-21-2021, 10:54 AM
Last Post: ThatBankDude