Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MNOMADIC WGU BSIT Thread
Hi what it is the requirements to get into the program sans /giac? I heard it is competitive to enter to the program.

Sent from my phone using DegreeForum.net mobile app
Missouri State university MBA in process
WGU - MS-CSIA in process
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Project management (3) Principal of Finance (3) and Accounting (3)
Coursera: Google IT Certification 
NEXT: In Future Ph.D in ???

(05-28-2021, 09:38 PM)Imbanewbie Wrote: Hi what it is the requirements to get into the program sans /giac? I heard it is competitive to enter to the program.

Sent from my phone using DegreeForum.net mobile app
So I applied for a military/veteran program that they do yearly called SANS Vetsuccess Cyber Immersion Academy. The main requirement is being in the military or being a veteran. Paying for their courses/certs on your own is pretty expensive: like $6-8k each if you do the class, get the books and sit for the exam. Most people try to get their employer to pay for those classes. There's also the SANS Technology Institute which basically just combines their normal classes/certs into a degree. It ends up being cheaper that way and you don't technically have to finish the whole degree.

https://www.sans.edu/
WGU BSIT Feb 2021 (77CU transferred in)(19/44CU )                           SANS VetSuccess Cyber Immersion Academy

RA(pre WGU)(42cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(?cr): Most of them
Study.com(31cr): Eng 105, Fin 102, His 108, Lib Sci 101, Math 104, Stat 101, CS107, CS 303, BUS 107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(6cr): Robotics, Cyber
CSM(3cr)
CompTIA: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+
Google IT Support
Microsoft Certified Azure Fundamentals, AI Fundamentals, Data Fundamentals, AWS CCP
Computer Science Fundamentals MicroBachelor(3cr)
*I think I'm updated... I really need to make an Omnitranscript to track everything....
That's an interesting program for sure, the cost is something to look into as well: https://www.sans.edu/admissions/tuition
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans

TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Business & IT Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco, CompTIA, MTA | Coursera & Udacity

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Documenting My Journey: WGU BSIT-Security Thorne 79 16,251 01-24-2018, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Thorne
  WGU BSIT Clep centurionpizza 1 459 06-08-2014, 12:03 AM
Last Post: sanantone