Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MS Psych vs. MS I/O Psych job prospects
(04-28-2020, 12:30 PM)xspect Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 11:15 AM)natshar Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 09:55 AM)xspect Wrote: They will drag it out for more than one term. Believe me !!!!

Does that mean you weren't able to do your degree in one term? 

Despite transferring in 15 credits, finishing other competency degrees in one term and writing papers at the speed of light. If you can't do it one term, then I highly doubt anyone else on this forum can do it one term.

The amount of work isn't the issue. Its the tempo system as a whole. Lots of dead links, lots of rush together lesson plans, if you have a maniac instructor that you don't click with, you can't just drop the class and pick up later with another instructor. I've already completed my capstone but one crazy instructor in one of the basic core classes is holding me, hostage. I write strictly to the rubric. He keeps adding extra stuff. I'm on my 8th revision of a 4-page opinion paper. WTF ??? That's all I have left to graduate.

I had an instructor like that once for a capstone, and the situation was just like what you described. However, it turns out she didn't know what she was doing and I caught on to it. I filed a complaint with the accreditor, got switched to a different instructor and everything went smoothly. Sometimes a bad instructor will keep moving the goalposts because they don't have a grasp on what they're doing, they know it, but they don't have the integrity to admit it.
(04-28-2020, 03:27 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: The program is not per credit, it's per term for these competency based degree programs.  Essentially, all you can take classes per term, the faster you finish, the cheaper.  Depending on your program, you should view the Walden Tempo webpages for each term fee, it ranges and is roughly $2300-$2600 every 3 months, look for their 50% off special before you sign up and enroll...

I posted on another thread about the cost, bcoz I was told today that their listed Tempo price already includes the 50% off...which differs from what others said here in the past. But the enrollment officer said that was awhile ago. She said $2,800 per term (3 months) includes e-books and technology fees.

I was really hoping it was 50% off...so I guess that might make it a "no" for me at this time.

(04-28-2020, 12:30 PM)xspect Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 11:15 AM)natshar Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 09:55 AM)xspect Wrote: They will drag it out for more than one term. Believe me !!!!

Does that mean you weren't able to do your degree in one term? 

Despite transferring in 15 credits, finishing other competency degrees in one term and writing papers at the speed of light. If you can't do it one term, then I highly doubt anyone else on this forum can do it one term.

The amount of work isn't the issue. Its the tempo system as a whole. Lots of dead links, lots of rush together lesson plans, if you have a maniac instructor that you don't click with, you can't just drop the class and pick up later with another instructor. I've already completed my capstone but one crazy instructor in one of the basic core classes is holding me, hostage. I write strictly to the rubric. He keeps adding extra stuff. I'm on my 8th revision of a 4-page opinion paper. WTF ??? That's all I have left to graduate.

This is what I'm afraid of. I am willing to do 2-terms but that's all because I have other financial priorities. 3-terms is more than I can afford. If 2-terms is doable with a fulltime job and family, then it may be worth it.
BA, Religion, AMU, 2019, Summa Cum Laude & Class Speaker
AA, General Ed., AMU, 2016

RA: Northern Virginia CC; St. Leo Univ.

Alt Credit:
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
TEEX: Cyber Security for Everyone; Cyber Security for IT Professionals
SL: Intro. to Religion (the class 1 transferred to AMU-wish I had known sooner)

Angel 
Unlisted USArmy and Fed govt prof credentials

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Psych Masters from VIU, WES Canada eligible? Earind_00 6 1,336 01-31-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: muca3
  Psych Master Degree TINASAM 9 1,335 03-06-2023, 10:23 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  Cheapest Masters in Psych? jsd 7 1,263 01-04-2023, 09:43 PM
Last Post: jsd
  UoPhoenix Competency-Based Masters in Psych cokididwa 9 1,247 09-03-2022, 11:56 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Is there a path from the Walden Tempo General Psych masters to a licensable degree? studyingfortests 24 3,390 08-23-2021, 01:47 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Walden U - MS Psych Learning Tempo Journey warriortaupou 3 1,070 10-07-2020, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Unity
  Walden Tempo MS General Psych - how is it? suzycupcake 27 3,550 09-24-2020, 10:45 PM
Last Post: warriortaupou
  Degree/Cert/Diploma in helping/psych fields? Ideas 10 2,563 05-07-2017, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Ideas