Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MS Vouchers Still Going Strong?
Has anybody heard anything about whether the voucher program for Modern States is going to keep going indefinitely or not? I know the last one I used was almost in the 11000 range. I'm debating taking some more CLEPs to fill up my gen ed section but I'm hesitant to put all that time into studying only to miss out and find I should've put that time elsewhere. Any news?

(On that note: Online Degree is crazy time consuming/inconvenient for me so if anyone can give me their experience on these CLEPs I'd appreciate it. I'm working on my BALS at TESU and have no prior knowledge or experience in these: Financial Accounting, Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing)
Working towards BALS at TESU

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 
Language and Literacy in Education (OnlineDegree)

Completed:
Study.com: Personal Finance 102, History 108, Psychology 106, Psychology 104, Communications 120, Religion 101

Free: Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for Professionals

CLEP (free through Modern States): American Government, A+I Lit, American Lit, History of the US 1
I thought Management & Marketing CLEPs were easy, but I'd worked in the business world for a while, as well as taken some UL management type courses in the past when I took them. They are considered 2 of the easier ones though, so with a little studying, you should be able to pass. I'd do MS for those 2 for sure.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Doodlebabe
If you're worried about wasting study time and not being able to get a voucher, just make the MS course the first step in your studying and get the voucher as quickly as possible. Then do the rest of your studying
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • Doodlebabe
(11-27-2018, 12:05 PM)Doodlebabe Wrote: Has anybody heard anything about whether the voucher program for Modern States is going to keep going indefinitely or not? I know the last one I used was almost in the 11000 range. I'm debating taking some more CLEPs to fill up my gen ed section but I'm hesitant to put all that time into studying only to miss out and find I should've put that time elsewhere. Any news?

(On that note: Online Degree is crazy time consuming/inconvenient for me so if anyone can give me their experience on these CLEPs I'd appreciate it. I'm working on my BALS at TESU and have no prior knowledge or experience in these: Financial Accounting, Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing)

Modern States will always be free, so worst-case is you take the exam and have to pay $85 for 3 credits. I started with zero credits and used CLEP to fill my AA at TESU in 6 months, so I think it's very fast. Still, the ACE and NCCRS providers weren't really options for me like they are now, but unless you're using Saylor or OnlineDegree, you're going to spend at least $85 or more - so CLEP is still very very affordable even if the voucher program closes. (throw in a few 6 credit CLEPs and you're killing it)

(11-27-2018, 12:05 PM)Doodlebabe Wrote: Has anybody heard anything about whether the voucher program for Modern States is going to keep going indefinitely or not? I know the last one I used was almost in the 11000 range. I'm debating taking some more CLEPs to fill up my gen ed section but I'm hesitant to put all that time into studying only to miss out and find I should've put that time elsewhere. Any news?

Modern States will always be free, so worst-case is you take the exam and have to pay $85 for 3 credits. I started with zero credits and used CLEP to fill my AA at TESU in 6 months, so I think it's very fast. Still, the ACE and NCCRS providers weren't really options for me like they are now, but unless you're using Saylor or OnlineDegree, you're going to spend at least $85 or more - so CLEP is still very very affordable even if the voucher program closes. (throw in a few 6 credit CLEPs and you're killing it)
(11-27-2018, 03:14 PM)cookderosa Wrote:

Modern States will always be free, so worst-case is you take the exam and have to pay $85 for 3 credits.  I started with zero credits and used CLEP to fill my AA at TESU in 6 months, so I think it's very fast.  Still, the ACE and NCCRS providers weren't really options for me like they are now, but unless you're using Saylor or OnlineDegree, you're going to spend at least $85 or more - so CLEP is still very very affordable even if the voucher program closes. (throw in a few 6 credit CLEPs and you're killing it)

Yeah, I love OnlineDegree for it's price and honestly they did an excellent job putting their courses together. But I've had several issues now where I think I have the time to watch a lecture and couldn't finish only to have to restart it again since they don't track how far into the videos you are if you leave the course midway through. I'm having to fit my degree into short windows throughout the day, which is why I love MS. I can just read the transcripts for the videos on my app while waiting in line or commuting (on the passenger side!) as I go through my day. Time vs Money, the most evil battle of them all! 
Preference would be MS vouchers so here's hoping they keep those coming!
Working towards BALS at TESU

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 
Language and Literacy in Education (OnlineDegree)

Completed:
Study.com: Personal Finance 102, History 108, Psychology 106, Psychology 104, Communications 120, Religion 101

Free: Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for Professionals

CLEP (free through Modern States): American Government, A+I Lit, American Lit, History of the US 1
[-] The following 2 users Like Doodlebabe's post:
  • hsfamfun, Muldoon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does modernstates provide AP Vouchers? msa145 7 831 06-09-2021, 10:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  College Math CLEP vs. Statistics DSST if not strong in math... S.Tesla 6 1,829 05-23-2019, 06:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Bug Modern States has 10,000 more vouchers Murdockb 2 1,565 03-06-2019, 03:36 PM
Last Post: studyandpass5
  Modern States vouchers to continue Murdockb 15 2,938 08-09-2018, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Giantzebra
  Discount for COMPTIA Vouchers for College Students sanantone 7 1,893 09-11-2016, 04:46 PM
Last Post: jsd
  I am Done .."My Strong" mapalo 26 2,981 04-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Last Post: mapalo