Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MSK9's Medical School Thread & Guide
I am so friggin proud of you that I can hardly stand it!!!!!! WHOOO HOOOO!!!!!!! On your way!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cookderosa's post:
  • truthling
Update:

PCOM (Philadelphia):
Primary, Secondary

VCOM (all-in-one):
Primary, Secondary
Doctor of Medicine candidate (MD) - anticipated complete '24
UNECOM
Primary, Held for Further Review

So, I have to ask, do you think that UNECOM has a bias against students who used their own premed courses or maybe that you *didn't? I'm just musing.

Also, you're at over 90% progress onto secondaries with your TESU BALS. Pow.
(10-23-2019, 11:13 AM)cookderosa Wrote: UNECOM
Primary, Held for Further Review

So, I have to ask, do you think that UNECOM has a bias against students who used their own premed courses or maybe that you *didn't?  I'm just musing.

Also, you're at over 90% progress onto secondaries with your TESU BALS.  Pow.

Who could say for sure. The e-mail I got was pretty generic but I have a feeling it's because of my MCAT. *shrug* I know they've been trying to clean-up their reputation a bit lately, so maybe they're trying to raise their matriculant stat data. Thank you for the good vibes.  Big Grin

I received another secondary today from MUCOM. Hopefully within a couple weeks I'll hear something from somebody at one of these schools, even if it's a rejection. I've got about $2400 wrapped up in primary and secondary applications.  Dodgy
[-] The following 2 users Like MSK9's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, tifferbugz
Update:

OUHCOM:
Primary, Secondary
Update:

PCOM Georgia and South Georgia:
Primary, Secondary
So, since you have a ton of secondaries, I'm confident that you'll get some invitation interviews - but I've never really thought about it before, THAT can get expensive! Also, as a working adult, I can see some major challenges doing the IIs for both cost and time. Still, how could you NOT?
Oh, yes. With just the primaries and secondaries I'm at about $2800. I have a low interest credit card I've been using that I'm paying down as I my paychecks come in. If/when I do get an interview invitation, I'll either drive or find the cheapest flight/motel I can to save money. Hopefully I'll start getting either invitations or rejections here soon. The DO schools interview up to April, generally (or so I hear).
[-] The following 1 user Likes MSK9's post:
  • cookderosa
(10-26-2019, 07:51 PM)MSK9 Wrote: Oh, yes. With just the primaries and secondaries I'm at about $2800. I have a low interest credit card I've been using that I'm paying down as I my paychecks come in. If/when I do get an interview invitation, I'll either drive or find the cheapest flight/motel I can to save money. Hopefully I'll start getting either invitations or rejections here soon. The DO schools interview up to April, generally (or so I hear).

On an aside, look at Air BnB options when the time comes. You can get a simple sleeping room for the night for about $30-50 and it will usually be in a safer neighborhood (in a house or apt) than a cheap motel.
That's a great idea. I'm so out of touch when it comes to stuff like that.

Update: 

LMU-DCOM:
Primary, Secondary

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,666 517,305 Yesterday, 02:55 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 894 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,850 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 15,355 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Northwestern California University School of Law - My Journey GoodYellowDogs 47 14,284 02-14-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: MFG
  School of Business and Trade evaluation bjcheung77 12 1,245 01-11-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: adrian052
  Medical School, AMCAS, Prerequisites, Pass or fail, online college, etc... CanICode 22 3,356 10-18-2023, 08:38 AM
Last Post: CanICode
  Seeking a grad school OTmina 4 1,063 10-11-2023, 11:13 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Caribbean Immigration (Med School Discount! - Secrets - Shhh...) bjcheung77 19 4,507 09-29-2023, 10:14 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Chaminade University - Ed.S School Psychology program (Not online, but it's FREE !) nyvrem 9 1,206 09-02-2023, 04:19 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger