MUCOM DO:
Waiting for Interview or Rejection

OUHCOM DO:

LMU-DCOM DO:

St. George's MD:

UND MD, LECOM DO (two locations), ARCOM DO, Central Michigan MD, WV MD, UP-KYCOM DO:
Pre-Interview Rejection
Doctor of Medicine candidate (MD) - anticipated complete '24
Still DO (Kirksville):
Rejected
(10-20-2019, 11:57 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: Thank you for sharing! While I'm not interested in medicine, I look forward to hearing about your journey.

I intend to start a similar thread for my law school application process, so I'll also be taking queues from your thread in terms of format.

You may have already shared your law school application process; however, I wanted to add the option of studying abroad for law school. I have sent my DD to law school, in England. She went there straight from High School (British system). She is foregoing the entire undergrad process, here in the US. She will attain a LLB and will be eligible to sit the bar exam in NY or California.

I thought I would throw that out there, as an option. Let me know if you need more information.
[-] The following 3 users Like khwaja1924's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, Ideas, Leedeedee
(11-26-2019, 02:09 PM)khwaja1924 Wrote:
(10-20-2019, 11:57 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: Thank you for sharing! While I'm not interested in medicine, I look forward to hearing about your journey.

I intend to start a similar thread for my law school application process, so I'll also be taking queues from your thread in terms of format.

You may have already shared your law school application process; however, I wanted to add the option of studying abroad for law school. I have sent my DD to law school, in England. She went there straight from High School (British system). She is foregoing the entire undergrad process, here in the US. She will attain a LLB and will be eligible to sit the bar exam in NY or California.

I thought I would throw that out there, as an option. Let me know if you need more information.
Thanks for the advice. I've considered this option (and other non-standard routes), but I think for me going the more traditional JD route is the way to go. Among other reasons, I don't want to be limited to CA/NY

I wish her luck, however. Perhaps someday I'll end up working with (or across from) her!
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Update:

WVCOM
Pre-II Hold
Update:

St. George's University School of Medicine (MD):
Interview Invitation
[-] The following 7 users Like MSK9's post:
  • cookderosa, davewill, GoodYellowDogs, mysonx3, quigongene, tifferbugz, truthling
(12-06-2019, 07:48 PM)MSK9 Wrote: Update:

St. George's University School of Medicine (MD):
Interview Invitation

Nice reading about your journey! I am a physician recruiter and have been for 9 years.

Being a DO is great! For most states, you get your licensed after PGY-1 (1st year of residency) and this will allow you to moonlight sooner than your MD counterparts. Can save you a lot of money in the long-term.

I would strongly urge you against the Carribean schools. Not because they are not comparable, but because it can be a lot harder to get into residency than an AMG (American) school. I know plenty of physicians that were not able to get a residency spot and have not practiced.

Remember, when you go an IMG (International) graduate, you compete against graduates from all around the world and it becomes much harder.

DO is the way to go. 

Here are some schools to consider:

DO:
Touro University California 
Touro University Nevada
California Health Sciences University
Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine
Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine

MD:
Kaiser Medical School in Pasadena (TUITION FREE)
California Northstate University
[-] The following 4 users Like humboldtjake's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, Ideas, MSK9, truthling
(12-10-2019, 02:19 AM)humboldtjake Wrote: Nice reading about your journey! I am a physician recruiter and have been for 9 years.

Being a DO is great! For most states, you get your licensed after PGY-1 (1st year of residency) and this will allow you to moonlight sooner than your MD counterparts. Can save you a lot of money in the long-term.

I would strongly urge you against the Carribean schools. Not because they are not comparable, but because it can be a lot harder to get into residency than an AMG (American) school. I know plenty of physicians that were not able to get a residency spot and have not practiced.

Remember, when you go an IMG (International) graduate, you compete against graduates from all around the world and it becomes much harder.

DO is the way to go. 

DO:
Touro University Nevada

MD:

You're right, based on my research it is certainly more challenging securing a residency (especially a competitive one) as an International Medical Graduate. That said, I know several (all Americans) who had a much easier time matching than non-American graduates.

I'm certainly not opposed to DO - in fact, most of my applications are for DO programs. As I understand it, the DO application cycle interview invitations can go out as late as March/April, so I'm still waiting on word from many of the schools I've applied to. Thanks for your input!

What is your background (aside from recruiting), if you don't mind me asking?
[-] The following 2 users Like MSK9's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, Ideas
(12-10-2019, 03:50 AM)MSK9 Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 02:19 AM)humboldtjake Wrote: Nice reading about your journey! I am a physician recruiter and have been for 9 years.

DO is the way to go. 

DO:
Touro University Nevada

MD:

You're right, based on my research it is certainly more challenging securing a residency (especially a competitive one) as an International Medical Graduate. That said, I know several (all Americans) who had a much easier time matching than non-American graduates.

I'm certainly not opposed to DO - in fact, most of my applications are for DO programs. As I understand it, the DO application cycle interview invitations can go out as late as March/April, so I'm still waiting on word from many of the schools I've applied to. Thanks for your input!

I start, manage, and operate medical practices as well. Prior to my 9 years as a recruiter, I was a Broadcast Journalist on an NPR affiliate in CA.

I forgot to mention Rosemon University in Las Vegas:
https://medicine.roseman.edu/
(12-10-2019, 02:55 PM)humboldtjake Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 03:50 AM)MSK9 Wrote:

DO is the way to go. 

DO:
Touro University Nevada

MD:

I start, manage, and operate medical practices as well. Prior to my 9 years as a recruiter, I was a Broadcast Journalist on an NPR affiliate in CA.

Do you also recruit for mid-levels. Like Pysch Nurse practitioners (PMHNP). If so can you tell me if there are jobs out there and whats the range in the deep south like Mississippi. I have one year left before I graduated

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,666 517,216 Yesterday, 02:55 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 893 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,850 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 15,355 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Northwestern California University School of Law - My Journey GoodYellowDogs 47 14,284 02-14-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: MFG
  School of Business and Trade evaluation bjcheung77 12 1,245 01-11-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: adrian052
  Medical School, AMCAS, Prerequisites, Pass or fail, online college, etc... CanICode 22 3,356 10-18-2023, 08:38 AM
Last Post: CanICode
  Seeking a grad school OTmina 4 1,062 10-11-2023, 11:13 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Caribbean Immigration (Med School Discount! - Secrets - Shhh...) bjcheung77 19 4,507 09-29-2023, 10:14 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Chaminade University - Ed.S School Psychology program (Not online, but it's FREE !) nyvrem 9 1,206 09-02-2023, 04:19 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger