Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MSK9's Medical School Thread & Guide
(05-03-2021, 09:52 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, I do almost the exact same thing, I go through my notes over and over again, I mean going through the entire text and the summaries a few times doesn't cut it for me, I make my own "shortened" notes and go through those in addition to the text and chapter summaries otherwise I forget something or another...

The trick in med school is to personalize the notes. Write them in a way that relates them to something you already know or use a mnemonic. We use mnemonics A LOT. For example, I want to remember the symptoms of Major Depressive Disorder:  SIG-E-CAPS. 

Sleep changes
I
nterest (loss of it)
G
uilt (worthlessness)
E
nergy
C
oncentration/cognition
A
ppetite
P
sychomotor
S
uicide
Doctor of Medicine candidate (MD) - anticipated complete '24
MSK9 - So are you living in Grenada full time for the next few years, or how does that work? Are you paying for your own school + living expenses? Do you have a family? Your thread has really sparked the interest in me again for dentistry, however I already have a family so I'm considering how it could work out. Your story is very inspiring, thank you for sharing!
[-] The following 1 user Likes mahaganapati's post:
  • MSK9
(07-21-2021, 04:18 PM)mahaganapati Wrote: MSK9 - So are you living in Grenada full time for the next few years, or how does that work? Are you paying for your own school + living expenses? Do you have a family? Your thread has really sparked the interest in me again for dentistry, however I already have a family so I'm considering how it could work out. Your story  is very inspiring, thank you for sharing!

The science years have been a combination of online and in-person because of Covid but full reopening is anticipated in January, 2022. St. G qualifies for US Gov Department of Education loans, so most American students go that route and pay their living expenses with what is refunded after tuition costs. Some older students bring their families, some travel back and forth on breaks/holidays.

Thanks for the compliment. Glad it could help you! I'm almost done with my basic sciences stuff and will be starting Year 3 after I take my first national board exam in June. Sorry for the late reply.

M
oh wow

its been 2 years since u started !

=0
[-] The following 1 user Likes nyvrem's post:
  • MSK9
(11-01-2021, 09:56 AM)nyvrem Wrote: oh wow

its been  2 years since u started !

=0

Coming up on the first board exam (USMLE Step 1). Time flies.
[-] The following 3 users Like MSK9's post:
  • adrianeraldo, allvia, Jonathan Whatley
(02-01-2022, 08:42 PM)MSK9 Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 09:56 AM)nyvrem Wrote: oh wow

its been  2 years since u started !

=0

Coming up on the first board exam (USMLE Step 1). Time flies.

How do you find conditions in Greneda? Class size, lecture quality, etc.? I heard lectures are mandatory. Apparently in US medical schools lectures are not mandatory.
(07-04-2022, 04:24 PM)indigoshuffle Wrote: How do you find conditions in Greneda? Class size, lecture quality, etc.? I heard lectures are mandatory. Apparently in US medical schools lectures are not mandatory.

Class sizes tend to be larger than mainland schools since the cohorts are comparatively much larger. Lectures have an 80% attendance requirement with mandatory attendance checks through each lecture. I didn't mind mandatory lectures. St. G is fairly rigid in their rules, but expectations are laid out in advance. Never had any issues, personally.

Grenada is beautiful and is what you make it. Many of the "med student-types" complained about their quality of life/availability of things they were used to, but I chock that up more to immaturity and entitlement than hardship.
[-] The following 3 users Like MSK9's post:
  • allvia, datby98, FastTrackDegree
Any updates? I've been following this post and is very interesting...
adrianeraldo Wrote:Any updates? I've been following this post and is very interesting...

@adrianeraldo, Please review this post: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid395061
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-18-2023, 03:48 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
adrianeraldo Wrote:Any updates? I've been following this post and is very interesting...

@adrianeraldo, Please review this post: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid395061

What happened to OP? Are they okay? Looks like things were going great and then they disappeared.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,750 550,185 11 minutes ago
Last Post: Thorne
  nitstharya - Grad School Top Up Recommendation nitstharya 1 184 04-10-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,347 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 1,126 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 16,147 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Northwestern California University School of Law - My Journey GoodYellowDogs 47 14,817 02-14-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: MFG
  School of Business and Trade evaluation bjcheung77 12 1,323 01-11-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: adrian052
  Medical School, AMCAS, Prerequisites, Pass or fail, online college, etc... CanICode 22 3,711 10-18-2023, 08:38 AM
Last Post: CanICode
  Seeking a grad school OTmina 4 1,101 10-11-2023, 11:13 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Caribbean Immigration (Med School Discount! - Secrets - Shhh...) bjcheung77 19 4,675 09-29-2023, 10:14 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess