Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSN - Nursing Informatics DONE
So I completed the MSN Nursing Informatics yesterday!!!! I lost a bunch of time due to administrative bureaucracy with getting my courses accelerated towards the end of my MSN Core courses. Despite the time theft, I have now completed the BSN and MSN in 7 months having started the BSN in June. I had to take a 2nd term in December due to the time I lost in records hell and end of term acceleration limit rules. I completed 4 Nursing Informatics courses this month to finish the program. There were COVID precautions for capstone, so no Health Placement necessary. That process alone takes weeks!! Next for me is ANCC certification and considering an MBA in June...

Again, I must state that I couldn't have done this without this forum. The knowledge I have gained here was so empowering and life changing. Now to get my kid thru HS & college the alternative credit way!

TAKE ALL THE PREREQS YOU CAN BEFORE ENROLLING!!!! YOU CANNOT TRANSFER IN ANYTHING AFTER!!! This will save you a ton of time!!!
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing
[-] The following 4 users Like cwendy111's post:
  • jch, MissRN, rachel83az, StoicJ
Congrats ! I've been eyeing WGU as I'm currently taking prereqs (username was created long ago with becoming an RN in mind and I'm just now starting the path, lol ) but I would like to transfer my Sophia courses and seem to have an issue with the local CCs accepting Sophia courses. Don't want those to go to waste nor waste extra money towards taking those courses at a CC. I'm currently enrolled at NMJC taking online science prereqs as my local CC don't offer online sciences life/work balance. WGU seems like a better route and just go for the BSN instead of ADN then RN-BSN/MSN route. Wish there were more posts about the alt-credit route to RN school.
Very impressive, and congratulations!
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
(12-30-2020, 12:33 PM)MissRN Wrote: Congrats ! I've been eyeing WGU as I'm currently taking prereqs (username was created long ago with becoming an RN in mind and I'm just now starting the path, lol ) but I would like to transfer my Sophia courses and seem to have an issue with the local CCs accepting Sophia courses. Don't want those to go to waste nor waste extra money towards taking those courses at a CC. I'm currently enrolled at NMJC taking online science prereqs as my local CC don't offer online sciences life/work balance. WGU seems like a better route and just go for the BSN instead of ADN then RN-BSN/MSN route. Wish there were more posts about the alt-credit route to RN school.
The pre licensure RN program is limited to certain states. I don’t know which ones.

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
SL - Personal Finance 
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
AAS Nursing
(12-30-2020, 09:11 AM)cwendy111 Wrote: So I completed the MSN Nursing Informatics yesterday!!!! I lost a bunch of time due to administrative bureaucracy with getting my courses accelerated towards the end of my MSN Core courses. Despite the time theft, I have now completed the BSN and MSN in 7 months having started the BSN in June. I had to take a 2nd term in December due to the time I lost in records hell and end of term acceleration limit rules. I completed 4 Nursing Informatics courses this month to finish the program. There were COVID precautions for capstone, so no Health Placement necessary. That process alone takes weeks!! Next for me is ANCC certification and considering an MBA in June...

Again, I must state that I couldn't have done this without this forum. The knowledge I have gained here was so empowering and life changing. Now to get my kid thru HS & college the alternative credit way!

TAKE ALL THE PREREQS YOU CAN BEFORE ENROLLING!!!! YOU CANNOT TRANSFER IN ANYTHING AFTER!!! This will save you a ton of time!!!
amazing, good job! i haven’t started yet due to some educational goal conflicts, but knowing that covid issues can shave a significant amount of time off the degree is encouraging. i might do the informatics with chamberlain as i know 2 nurses who are doing coursework with them and have taken classes at wgu. they both tell me chamberlains program is less “bullish!t and busy work.”
But can they finish it in 4 months?

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020

Credits Taken
SL - Personal Finance 
AAS Nursing
(12-31-2020, 06:44 AM)cwendy111 Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 12:33 PM)MissRN Wrote: Congrats ! I've been eyeing WGU as I'm currently taking prereqs (username was created long ago with becoming an RN in mind and I'm just now starting the path, lol ) but I would like to transfer my Sophia courses and seem to have an issue with the local CCs accepting Sophia courses. Don't want those to go to waste nor waste extra money towards taking those courses at a CC. I'm currently enrolled at NMJC taking online science prereqs as my local CC don't offer online sciences life/work balance. WGU seems like a better route and just go for the BSN instead of ADN then RN-BSN/MSN route. Wish there were more posts about the alt-credit route to RN school.
The pre licensure RN program is limited to certain states. I don’t know which ones.
Yes, I know. I'm in one of those states; Florida Smile

The pre licensure BSN is a totally different animal. It is limited to only a few states. Contact  school and they can walk you through the requirements.

(12-31-2020, 09:02 AM)indigoshuffle Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 09:11 AM)cwendy111 Wrote: So I completed the MSN Nursing Informatics yesterday!!!! I lost a bunch of time due to administrative bureaucracy with getting my courses accelerated towards the end of my MSN Core courses. Despite the time theft, I have now completed the BSN and MSN in 7 months having started the BSN in June. I had to take a 2nd term in December due to the time I lost in records hell and end of term acceleration limit rules. I completed 4 Nursing Informatics courses this month to finish the program. There were COVID precautions for capstone, so no Health Placement necessary. That process alone takes weeks!! Next for me is ANCC certification and considering an MBA in June...

amazing, good job! i haven’t started yet due to some educational goal conflicts, but knowing that covid issues can shave a significant amount of time off the degree is encouraging. i might do the informatics with chamberlain as i know 2 nurses who are doing coursework with them and have taken classes at wgu. they both tell me chamberlains program is less “bullish!t and busy work.”
Hey! Just checking in on you. How are things?

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020

Credits Taken
SL - Personal Finance 
AAS Nursing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU Healthcare Informatics degree changed to Healthcare Information Management dmjacobsen 0 1,356 10-30-2016, 10:43 AM
Last Post: dmjacobsen