Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online MBA Self-Paced
I hate to create two posts in a row, but I just talked a little with Patten University. They offer a 20% discount per term for active duty military. So the cost is $1598 per term, and there is NO credit limit you can take to the self paced courses within the MBA. As my timeline gets closer I will definitely look more closely into this institution.

I hope this helps others!
Degrees:
Associate: Pikes Peak Community College - Associate of General Studies 2012
Bachelors: Thomas Edison State College - BSBA (General Management) 2013 ~ Arnold Fletcher Award Recipient
Link to Degree Plan
MBA: Patten University - Master of Business Administration - Information Technology 2017
armyb77 Wrote:I hate to create two posts in a row, but I just talked a little with Patten University. They offer a 20% discount per term for active duty military. So the cost is $1598 per term, and there is NO credit limit you can take to the self paced courses within the MBA. As my timeline gets closer I will definitely look more closely into this institution.

I hope this helps others!

I also will be looking into this program in the near future.

Another thing that might entice some to look into Patten's grad program is that they recommend, but do not require a GMAT/GRE to apply. The other schools that I am interested in all require graduate entrance examinations. Ultimately what I manage to score on the GMAT will determine my faith.

From your earlier post, you mentioned that they do not offer financial aid. That is a bummer. Although, the program itself is inexpensive, the monthly fee could be high for some. But if you can afford the $520 ($350 for undergrad) a month, you will finish the program without the need of loans. That is good news, specially if you finished your undergrad degree at one of the Big 3, you could possibly finish both undergrad and grad degrees virtually debt free.

Something else that I just thought of, depending on how many credits and what type of credits they allow you to transfer in, at $1316 per term and being that they are regionally accredited, they could be a good alternative to the Big 3.

Maybe someone that is currently undecided on one of the Big 3 could look into this. Would be interesting to see how Patten stacks up against the Big 3 and NAU (Northern Arizona University).
I cannot highly recommend NCU but it is a self-paced school with regional and ACBSP accreditation.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
ryoder Wrote:I cannot highly recommend NCU but it is a self-paced school with regional and ACBSP accreditation.

Yeah, the negativity is out there for both, and independent of one another, for NCU and Patten.

Mind sharing why you would not recommend this institution for undergrad or grad degrees?
Max Droid Wrote:I also will be looking into this program in the near future.

Another thing that might entice some to look into Patten's grad program is that they recommend, but do not require a GMAT/GRE to apply. The other schools that I am interested in all require graduate entrance examinations. Ultimately what I manage to score on the GMAT will determine my faith.

From your earlier post, you mentioned that they do not offer financial aid. That is a bummer. Although, the program itself is inexpensive, the monthly fee could be high for some. But if you can afford the $520 ($350 for undergrad) a month, you will finish the program without the need of loans. That is good news, specially if you finished your undergrad degree at one of the Big 3, you could possibly finish both undergrad and grad degrees virtually debt free.

Something else that I just thought of, depending on how many credits and what type of credits they allow you to transfer in, at $1316 per term and being that they are regionally accredited, they could be a good alternative to the Big 3.

Maybe someone that is currently undecided on one of the Big 3 could look into this. Would be interesting to see how Patten stacks up against the Big 3 and NAU (Northern Arizona University).

If someone is looking for an undergrad and is active duty then the price to them will be $1052 a term. Another bonus with this school is that you will actually have a GPA graduating from the school, vs transferring everything in. Because the college is 100% self paced there is really no need to take the CLEPs, DSSTs, Penn Foster, FEMA and Straighterline that are currently the alternative methods used to finish our degrees. If the school is can maintain it's accreditation then it may be a better alternative to the Big 3 for those on crazy schedules and deployed!
Degrees:
Associate: Pikes Peak Community College - Associate of General Studies 2012
Bachelors: Thomas Edison State College - BSBA (General Management) 2013 ~ Arnold Fletcher Award Recipient
Link to Degree Plan
MBA: Patten University - Master of Business Administration - Information Technology 2017
armyb77 Wrote:If someone is looking for an undergrad and is active duty then the price to them will be $1052 a term. Another bonus with this school is that you will actually have a GPA graduating from the school, vs transferring everything in. Because the college is 100% self paced there is really no need to take the CLEPs, DSSTs, Penn Foster, FEMA and Straighterline that are currently the alternative methods used to finish our degrees. If the school is can maintain it's accreditation then it may be a better alternative to the Big 3 for those on crazy schedules and deployed!

From the link that was posted earlier by topdog98, it appears that their accreditation issue has been resolved (no longer on probation), but not sure how long these things last.

Now about completing an undergrad degree with them. If they are like most California schools, then they will likely require you to do a minimum of 30 credits in residency to graduate. The question then becomes, can the 90 credits transferred in be composed of CLEP, ACE, DSST, etc..?

If that happens to be the case, and no other fees apply other than their per term fee, then it could be less expensive to finish an undergrad with them than the Big 3. That is of course if you are able to complete 30 credits in 2 to 3 terms, and maybe even 4.
armyb77 Wrote:If someone is looking for an undergrad and is active duty then the price to them will be $1052 a term. Another bonus with this school is that you will actually have a GPA graduating from the school, vs transferring everything in. Because the college is 100% self paced there is really no need to take the CLEPs, DSSTs, Penn Foster, FEMA and Straighterline that are currently the alternative methods used to finish our degrees. If the school is can maintain it's accreditation then it may be a better alternative to the Big 3 for those on crazy schedules and deployed!

I like how they have a BA in Leadership with a concentration in Management, plus the also have a BA in Management with a concentration in Leadership...
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Prloko Wrote:I like how they have a BA in Leadership with a concentration in Management, plus the also have a BA in Management with a concentration in Leadership...

LMBO! I thought some of their majors/concentrations were weird.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Is there anyone here currently a Patten student? Please PM. I have questions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will online degrees become worthless because of AI? blablablox 12 790 04-20-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 288 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 422 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,417 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 347 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,802 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 769 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,785 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 416 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,212 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045