Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Managerial Comm TECEP
has anyone taken this TECEP recently? I was hoping to get some opinions on it. i was thinking of using the study.com resources to prepare for it and use it to renew my enrollment at TESU (instead of just taking the actual study.com exam)

https://www2.tesu.edu/tecep_desc/MAN-373.pdf

thanks for any input Smile
Interested in hearing as well since the SDC course requires one paper and an oral presentation. The TECEP appears to be multiple choice, 1 essay.
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
I don't recommend UL TECEP's just because they are $225. UL used to be the same price as LL, but they lowered the cost of LL to $25/cr, and raised the cost of UL to $75/cr. LL's make my cut of "worth it" but UL's don't.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I just took this exam last week. The basic questions dealt primarily with different concepts of communications between disparate levels within an organization and stakeholders. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the terms as there was a lot of information covered that you have to know what the term meant in order to get the correct response. The essay portion dealt with a given scenario and then how you would draft the response to that scenario. There was no specific terminology that helped with the essay so as long as you are comfortable writing in a business manor, you should be able to do well with this exam.

Time spent studying = 0
Previous knowledge = Comp 1 and 2, several business courses.
Relevant work experience = 1 year as an operations manager, 1 year as a production manager.

Final Score = 84%
In Progress: 
Excelsior - BPS Business and Management
Study.com - Business 307, Sociology 305, Psychology 315
ASU - Algebra, PreCalc, Calculus
Luna - Bio2 Lab

Completed: 
Universidad Isabel I - MBA/Master Bus & Corp Comm
Kirkwood - AAS Business Administration, Certificate of Human Resources 3.8 GPA
Excelsior - AAS Applied Technologies Electronics 4.0 GPA
TADA - Google Project Management, Google Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
CSM Learn
US Navy (Electronics Tech 3rd Class) - NER-ET-004, NV-2202-0165 V02, NV-1715-1788 V01, NV-1715-1796 V01, NV-1715-1585 V01, NV-1715-1336 V02

TECEP: 9 Credits
Man-3730, OPM-3010, Bus-3110

Study.com: 6 Credits
Philosophy 301

Lawshelf: 15 Credits
BUS-201, BUS-301, BUS-302, GOV-202, EMP-301

CLEP: 48 Credits
College Math, Financial Accounting, Principles of Micro & Macroeconomics, Intro Sociology, Intro Psychology, Analyze and Interpreting Literature, Intro Business Law, Principles of Marketing, Biology, US History 1 & 2, Humanities

DSST: 9 Credits
Principles of Public Speaking, Ethics in America, Principles of Supervision
Thanks for a detailed review of the Managerial Communications TECEP, looking forward to your other TECEP reviews and further ones if any... Just a reminder for those who don't know already, there are some TECEP Quizlets made by many members or non-members, as long as you sign up for the free service, you'll have these in addition to other sources. It's great for memory retention as I have issues with that...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-09-2023, 03:33 AM)GameSlinger Wrote: I just took this exam last week. The basic questions dealt primarily with different concepts of communications between disparate levels within an organization and stakeholders. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the terms as there was a lot of information covered that you have to know what the term meant in order to get the correct response. The essay portion dealt with a given scenario and then how you would draft the response to that scenario. There was no specific terminology that helped with the essay so as long as you are comfortable writing in a business manor, you should be able to do well with this exam.

Time spent studying = 0
Relevant work experience = 1 year as an operations manager, 1 year as a production manager.

Final Score = 84%

How long did it take to get your score?
(12-12-2023, 12:38 PM)Dosada Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 03:33 AM)GameSlinger Wrote: I just took this exam last week. The basic questions dealt primarily with different concepts of communications between disparate levels within an organization and stakeholders. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the terms as there was a lot of information covered that you have to know what the term meant in order to get the correct response. The essay portion dealt with a given scenario and then how you would draft the response to that scenario. There was no specific terminology that helped with the essay so as long as you are comfortable writing in a business manor, you should be able to do well with this exam.

Time spent studying = 0

Final Score = 84%

How long did it take to get your score?

Just over a week and I had my finalized score if I remember correctly.
In Progress: 
Excelsior - BPS Business and Management
Study.com - Business 307, Sociology 305, Psychology 315
ASU - Algebra, PreCalc, Calculus
Luna - Bio2 Lab

Completed: 
Universidad Isabel I - MBA/Master Bus & Corp Comm
Kirkwood - AAS Business Administration, Certificate of Human Resources 3.8 GPA
Excelsior - AAS Applied Technologies Electronics 4.0 GPA
TADA - Google Project Management, Google Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
CSM Learn
US Navy (Electronics Tech 3rd Class) - NER-ET-004, NV-2202-0165 V02, NV-1715-1788 V01, NV-1715-1796 V01, NV-1715-1585 V01, NV-1715-1336 V02

TECEP: 9 Credits
Man-3730, OPM-3010, Bus-3110

Study.com: 6 Credits
Philosophy 301

Lawshelf: 15 Credits
BUS-201, BUS-301, BUS-302, GOV-202, EMP-301

CLEP: 48 Credits
College Math, Financial Accounting, Principles of Micro & Macroeconomics, Intro Sociology, Intro Psychology, Analyze and Interpreting Literature, Intro Business Law, Principles of Marketing, Biology, US History 1 & 2, Humanities

DSST: 9 Credits
Principles of Public Speaking, Ethics in America, Principles of Supervision
Wanted to leave some feedback on the MAN-3730 TECEP as well. I did next to no studying for this TECEP. If you have been in a corporate setting for awhile, most of these concepts should be familiar. The only thing I made sure I reviewed well was the requirements for the Essay portion since it was a good chunk of the grade. Otherwise, the multiple choice questions are pretty straightforward. Got a 76 on the final exam. Not as great as I wanted, but hey, it's passing score so I'll take it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dosada's post:
  • fmsoa

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Technical Writing TECEP - My Experience PreLawCoastie 2 612 03-14-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  Public Speaking TECEP PreLawCoastie 0 163 02-27-2024, 07:23 AM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  TECEP FIN-3210 Security Analysis & Portfolio Management fmsoa 2 433 01-18-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: CFPhopeful
  TECEP Admissions/Rate my sanity PreLawCoastie 10 920 01-11-2024, 06:05 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Abnormal Psychology TECEP is now available on InstantCert! sgloer 0 267 01-04-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: sgloer
  TECEP Federal Income Taxation Kones 9 868 12-13-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Kones
  Help - how to register for TECEP exam? Carnation 4 338 11-23-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Carnation
  Learning in the Digital Age TECEP Avidreader 0 219 11-22-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP Marketing Communications Avidreader 2 374 11-14-2023, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  How to start the actual TECEP exam aperantosbias 2 351 11-10-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: aperantosbias