Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marketing CLEP Help
I'm set to take the marketing CLEP in one week (finally found an open center!) and I need a 65 or higher. I have one week to study. I do have prior knowledge of the subject, and I took this CLEP six years ago and got a 53. But the score of 65 in a short time is daunting. And I'd rather not push the time back because of the virus and the way everything is right now.

I have passed CLEPs before but never scored a 65 or higher on any of them. But to be honest, I've never hardcore studied for a CLEP for hours on end. How hard is it to get a 65?

Any resources? Is InstantCert worth it? Any way I can get a trial or discount if I only need it for a week? Any other tips? Videos? etc?

I already did the ModernStates course months ago and have a voucher from that.

I'm just in a bind here and realllly need to get a 65 or it could screw me over.
It is definitely possible to get a 65 in that time I think if you study a lot and study wisely.

I haven't taken this particular CLEP, but I highly recommend the REA study guides. I used them for almost all my CLEPs and they have been invaluable. The info in the book, while not extensive, is pretty on point for what you actually need to know. The most important part, for me, has been all the practice tests. If there are enough tests, I like to do one at the start to get an idea of the info on the test and see a baseline for where I'm starting from. Then after I've studied everything at least a little, I like to take another one to gauge how I'm doing. Where this was especially beneficial is showing what topics I needed more focused study on. It also helps to go over the answer guide in the back as to why the answer is what it is. I also found it helpful just to get me acclimated to the way CLEP phrases questions, what the feel of the test was, and my strategy for answering questions. (which really stayed the same from test to test)

Other than that, I would occasionally use other supplemental materials like random textbooks, YouTube videos (I just searched for each test and went through videos until I found ones that seemed helpful) or flashcards - particularly if there were a lot of people or terms to remember. I used SDC videos a couple times to quickly go through some new info.
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
I took that CLEP cold and got a 67, so it's possible. REA is supposed to be the best study guide, the Official CLEP guide may help as well (get a used one). I'd probably also take the OnlineDegree course, it's free. And check for things on YouTube as well, I listen to a lot of iTunes U stuff that's free.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 141 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 460 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  CLEP - BIOLOGY Recommendations? GoBroncos95 11 757 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 486 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Is there a limit to CLEP? GoBroncos95 8 633 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cancelled clep scores?: Please HELP! lyssiethekitty 2 405 01-11-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill
  Military CLEP/DSST transcript issues defscarlett 4 445 01-10-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  What is Modern States? (AKA How to Take CLEP Tests for FREE) sgloer 1 1,973 12-10-2023, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Dango375
  ACE Recommendations for several CLEP Exams expiring today jch 2 933 12-01-2023, 05:30 AM
Last Post: jch
  TECEP Marketing Communications Avidreader 2 373 11-14-2023, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Avidreader