Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marketing concentration
I plan to do a marketing concentration (plus CIS) at TESU. Would this plan work?

I did:
- Study.com Digital Marketing and Advertising which should be MAR-441
- Study.com Marketing Research is speculated to be MAR-411. I should have asked TESU before I took it.

I plan to do these to have enough UL Marketing credits:
- TECEP Marketing Communications (UL)
- TECEP Advertising (UL)

I plan to do these to have enough total Marketing credits:
- Saylor Intro to Marketing (LL?). Don't want to do Davar.
- TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice (LL)

Do I need another Marketing course, because Intro to Marketing goes into the business core and not my AoS? I think so. So I guess I would also do TECEP Sales Management, but that is my least favorite of these TECEPs.

Is there anything I'm missing that would save me money or time? I know about the Davar sales course, but it seems to be expensive due to needing an online access code (to do the written assignment). I would do it if I could get access much cheaper. And Study.com Hospitality Marketing is too much work (if it even counts for AoS).

Edit: I want to avoid the expense of CSU-Global CBEs or Penn Foster if possible.

Marketing Area of Specialization
18 credits required, minimum of 12 upper level credits.

Required
Marketing Research (UL) – CSU Global CBE or Penn Foster (verify current ACE approval)

Marketing Electives
Study.com Digital Marketing and Advertising
TECEP Marketing Communications (UL)
TECEP Sales Management (UL)
TECEP Advertising (UL)
TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice (LL)
CSU Global CBE - Consumer Behavior or Penn Foster Consumer Behavior (verify current ACE approval)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Have you taken any of your marketing courses yet?
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Intro to Marketing is required in the business core, so it will not count toward the AOS.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(11-17-2017, 05:04 PM)icampy Wrote: Have you taken any of your marketing courses yet?

Yes, all of the Marketing AOS courses. 

Not the Principles of Marketing yet! I will take that soon.

You left the basic one for last, nice :-)

Were any of them particularly more enjoyable or easier/harder than the rest? I am trying to find one to do just to fulfill my third type of gen man AOS class.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

(11-17-2017, 06:05 PM)icampy Wrote: You left the basic one for last, nice :-)

Were any of them particularly more enjoyable or easier/harder than the rest? I am trying to find one to do just to fulfill my third type of gen man AOS class.

Smile But I have 3 finance AOS exams left!

I thought Marketing Research was easy. It does have an assignment. (I believe only one.)

Others say the Digital Marketing course is easy, but I felt one assignment was hard and graded harshly. You can still pass with one of the assignments having a low grade Smile It seems more time consuming to do 2 assignments if you have an option to do only 1 assignment.

Thanks bud. How were the TECEP's?

I took 3 TECEPs. I didn't take the Advertising TECEP.

I don't recommend the Sales Management TECEP at all. I complained about it in detail in my BSBA thread.

I don't remember a lot, but I think that Public Relations seemed difficult to score higher on. Probably easier than the others since it's LL.

I also did Principles of Sales at Davar which required at least one assignment.

Thanks for the info. Keep up the good work!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU BALS w/Concentration questions shadowgem 0 1,704 08-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  CIS vs COS courses for a BALS concentration in CS at TESU jeffreymb 1 1,220 07-25-2018, 10:37 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,358 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU - BSBA in Marketing - Plan Review chattenoire 2 1,249 06-22-2018, 01:59 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Introduction to Hospitality & Hospitality Marketing rixbae 3 920 04-20-2018, 12:59 PM
Last Post: d.cononge
Thumbs Up Future TESU BSBA Marketing or GM degree? Baloomuka 36 6,397 04-11-2018, 07:01 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Help with BALS General Management Concentration or alternatives YeaStudy 17 4,056 04-03-2018, 11:05 PM
Last Post: YeaStudy
  TESU BSBA Marketing Questions scaffdog 24 5,386 01-26-2018, 12:12 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Adding CS concentration now? Ideas 14 2,541 01-11-2018, 02:56 AM
Last Post: Ideas