Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master in Sustainability
My daughter is interested in pursuing a Master Degree in Sustainability (or similar).  Lower Cost is a key factor for her (aka affordable, ideally < $500 per credit), and since she is not looking to relocate, an online program.  If there was some sort of short term residency (ie two weeks in summer) that would be acceptable.  Any ideas?
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(06-23-2018, 10:17 AM)allvia Wrote: My daughter is interested in pursuing a Master Degree in Sustainability (or similar).  Lower Cost is a key factor for her (aka affordable, ideally < $500 per credit), and since she is not looking to relocate, an online program.  If there was some sort of short term residency (ie two weeks in summer) that would be acceptable.  Any ideas?

Maybe over her budget, but super-high return on the brand name. https://www.extension.harvard.edu/academ...ity-degree
ASU has online masters in sustainable leadership, sustainable engineering, and sustainable tourism(whatever that means).
Not the cheapest University. I suppose you look more into environmental science and have more options.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Which state is she in? That can make a difference in how much tuition is paid at public universities.

These two programs are $565 per credit hour regardless of residency status.

http://sfrc.ufl.edu/distance/msnrpaonline/
http://sfrc.ufl.edu/distance/mseronline/

(06-23-2018, 09:31 PM)sanantone Wrote: Which state is she in? That can make a difference in how much tuition is paid at public universities.

These two programs are $565 per credit hour regardless of residency status.

http://sfrc.ufl.edu/distance/msnrpaonline/
http://sfrc.ufl.edu/distance/mseronline/

Here is my favorite option. Online students pay in-state tuition at Texas Tech University. 

http://www.depts.ttu.edu/elearning/maste...e-masters/
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(06-23-2018, 10:27 AM)cookderosa Wrote:
(06-23-2018, 10:17 AM)allvia Wrote: My daughter is interested in pursuing a Master Degree in Sustainability (or similar).  Lower Cost is a key factor for her (aka affordable, ideally < $500 per credit), and since she is not looking to relocate, an online program.  If there was some sort of short term residency (ie two weeks in summer) that would be acceptable.  Any ideas?

Maybe over her budget, but super-high return on the brand name. https://www.extension.harvard.edu/academ...ity-degree

This may be out of budget, but if she can get it employer to cover some of the tuition it would be the best bet - even to just start with the certificate. I've forwarded the info - As you said the name alone could be well worth the boost in budget. The majority of the programs I could locate in the price point were MBA based, and that is not what she is looking for.
Amberton University

With low budgets, there usually isn't a fancy option. I believe Texas Tech is under $500 per credit hour or near it. It's not a fancy school, but it's a decent one. They have statistics on how graduates of their environmental sustainability program do, and most of them find a job in a short period of time. More specifically, 60% of their graduates are employed upon graduation, and it's probably because of the internship. There are no required campus visits. I think the average starting salary is around $60k, but I could be wrong.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
(06-27-2018, 01:45 PM)sanantone Wrote: With low budgets, there usually isn't a fancy option. I believe Texas Tech is under $500 per credit hour or near it. It's not a fancy school, but it's a decent one. They have statistics on how graduates of their environmental sustainability program do, and most of them find a job in a short period of time. More specifically, 60% of their graduates are employed upon graduation,  and it's probably because of the internship. There are no required campus visits. I think the average starting salary is around $60k, but I could be wrong.

I did send her the Texas Tech one as well, it looks like the Track 1 may be a good fit.  The site was rather difficult to locate tuition information on.  So many of these schools pay too much attention to making things look web-fancy that they forget that people need the function of the  information being easily obtained.
Amberton University

True. They make you use a tuition estimator which is annoying because it's based on department. The environmental sustainability program comes out of two departments.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
(06-27-2018, 03:01 PM)allvia Wrote:
(06-27-2018, 01:45 PM)sanantone Wrote: With low budgets, there usually isn't a fancy option. I believe Texas Tech is under $500 per credit hour or near it. It's not a fancy school, but it's a decent one. They have statistics on how graduates of their environmental sustainability program do, and most of them find a job in a short period of time. More specifically, 60% of their graduates are employed upon graduation,  and it's probably because of the internship. There are no required campus visits. I think the average starting salary is around $60k, but I could be wrong.
I did send her the Texas Tech one as well, it looks like the Track 1 may be a good fit.  The site was rather difficult to locate tuition information on.  So many of these schools pay too much attention to making things look web-fancy that they forget that people need the function of the  information being easily obtained.

We're located in New England so there are tuition agreements in place that allow her discounted rates to other NE schools if the local state system does not offer it.  She is looking into those options, since our local does not seem to have an ideal match.  The problem is finding things that are online vs on-campus - tough to go to night school and have to drive 200 miles each way to class Smile
Amberton University

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,665 516,485 2 hours ago
Last Post: rachel83az
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 271 Yesterday, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 484 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Master of Public Administration BSBRose21 9 1,512 03-18-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,615 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 2 199 03-18-2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 546 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  ENEB MBA/Master + OTHM level 8 Postgraduate | Combination Evaluation ecdw94 4 713 02-28-2024, 11:05 PM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 494 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Master’s (Titulo Propio) from Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona? lincolnlawyer 40 2,446 02-27-2024, 02:04 AM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer