Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapest way to apply/enroll at TESU
Hello, I am wondering the cheapest way to apply and enroll at TESU. My main question is:

Can I complete BOTH the application and enrollment when I buy one TECEP exam (say, the $50 one LL credit Med Terminology exam)?
Do I need to pay the $50 application fee BEFORE signing up for the TECEP?
Is there a workaround where you sign up for the TECEP as a non-matriculated student, and then switch to an enrolled student after the TECEP?

I believe I read on here somewhere that all you need to do is buy one TECEP and that's it. But now I'm reading conflicting opinions and can't find where I first saw that.

Thanks for any help you can provide  Smile
There is a $50 application fee whether you just want to take TECEPs or you want to be a fully enrolled student. The fee for TECEPs is separate. In order to become a fully enrolled student, the minimum cost is $100 ($50 application, $50 TECEP). Unfortunately, there is no way around that.

The closest way to a work-around would be to do something like pay for an English Comp exam and take that. This way, you're killing multiple birds with one stone.
1. You're becoming a fully-enrolled student.
2. You're getting English Comp credit.
3. You're getting 3 credits for the RA credit requirement.

$150 isn't a bad price to pay for all that!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-25-2021, 11:35 AM)rachel83az Wrote: There is a $50 application fee whether you just want to take TECEPs or you want to be a fully enrolled student. The fee for TECEPs is separate. In order to become a fully enrolled student, the minimum cost is $100 ($50 application, $50 TECEP). Unfortunately, there is no way around that.

The closest way to a work-around would be to do something like pay for an English Comp exam and take that. This way, you're killing multiple birds with one stone.
1. You're becoming a fully-enrolled student.
2. You're getting English Comp credit.
3. You're getting 3 credits for the RA credit requirement.

$150 isn't a bad price to pay for all that!

I'm assuming I have to pay the $50 application on top of the $150 TECEP for $200 total, right?

This is one instance I can find where someone said you can take a TECEP without applying... is that by being a visitor/non-matriculated student? Do you have to pay the $50 application fee when you DO become a matriculated student?
That post is one person saying you can (and being mistaken) and others pointing out that you cannot. If you visit the non-matriculated link in the last post in that thread, you'll see that TESU does indeed require that you pay the $50 application fee no matter what.

So, yes, there is no way to get out of the application fee. If you can't afford $100 right now, you can apply and you'll be in applicant status for 12 months. You'll only get two credit evaluations, but that will at least give you some time to get the other $50 or $150 for the TECEP.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Once you are a fully enrolled student, there are benefits such as getting like 50% off of Amazon Prime and Spotify as well as getting Microsoft Office for free.

It sort of pays for itself.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • rachel83az
I got a little confused on what we're trying to do here, if you want to apply to TESU, do so, get 2 evaluations for $50 and that will last you an entire 6 months (or whatever the time frame is). Enrollment is different than applying, being enrolled doesn't do anything for you, it just indicates you're taking courses or exams, and the mentioned benefits above.

You need to know where you stand and what you need to start your degree and finish it. Do you have many transfer credits already? If you want to see where you stand in terms of credits, $50 is all you need, you can enroll if you feel TESU academic evaluation is what you're looking at, then start taking courses that can't be completed through alternative methods.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • schlocker
If u are an international student u cant enroll in anything unless u have TOEFL and so on , or ENG Com 1 from RA University as a substitute. Just in case if u r an international student

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 428 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 414 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 433 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,258 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 244 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,172 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 225 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 351 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 295 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 270 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27