Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could I go here after graduating TESU with no GPA? (Potential MBA CSU LB)
I am not looking for a top MBA or anything, but I live in California and will most likely reside here for a while (started degree while I was living in Europe, hence the name).

That being said, I am looking for an accredited AASCB degree that is affordable and somewhere in southern california.

The best one I have found for me is the California State University Long Beach MBA program(AACSB accreditation, no too far from where I want to be, affordable to other programs comparatively)

Will I be able to get itno this school with a TESU degree no GPA?
Applications / Admissions

I did go to a community college in california where I received 64 graded credits, so I'm unsure if that plays a role. My overall GPA at this respected community college was 3.29

More on the no GPA question,
would it be better if I took a 1 credit or 3 credit course that gave me a grade for the school?
Started Sept. 2016 -Thomas Edison State Univeristy - BSBA - Marketing 120/120 DONE
ACE/ALT 41 CR
TECEP: 15 CR
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra l College Algebra l Statistics l
The Institutes: Ethics
Saylor: Principles of Marketing
Straighterline: American Government l Intro to Religion l Principles of Management l English Comp II l
Study.com : Business 308 l History 108 l Principles of Finance l Digital Marketing
CSU CBE: Market Research l
TECEP: Strategic Management l  Public relations l Advertising l Sales Mgmt l Marketing Comm
Community College B&M Courses (2013-2015) 64 CR General Ed. and Business
Short-term Objective: TESU BSBA in Marketing by Sept. 2017 (DONE!) Graduating in June
Long-term Objective: Career in marketing then eventually MBA or MSC in Marketing later on  
TESUAbroad Wrote:I did go to a community college in california where I received 64 graded credits, so I'm unsure if that plays a role. My overall GPA at this respected community college was 3.29

this means you have a GPA. Even though you won't have a TESU GPA, your community college GPA doesn't disappear.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I would ask the school. MBA programs are usually lucrative for universities, and are therefore responsive to inquiries. Also, the answer may depend on the rest of your application. If you have a good GMAT score or have good work experience, the GPA may end up not mattering as much.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
according to the link you posted no you don't actually require a GPA. Now some Masters programs require the main transcript (I.E. degree from TESU transcript) and then direct transcript for all schools attended. In your case that's a good thing because they will see a GPA for 64 of your credits. No you ask take a 1 or 3 credit class for a GPA at TESU? Well no that would be a waste of money they will see the GPA is from 1 class so I don't see a benefit. If you go in an rock your GMAT or GRE then I doubt the rest matters. My worry about grad school if I choose to go the route is the recommendations. I'm not really sure who I can ask as I only took online classes up to this point. I has the same teacher for 2 classes each so maybe them but I have no clue lol. I'd like to use my Intermediate Accounting II teacher. Its the hardest class to date for me.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Thanks for the tips.

As for your recommendations, what about having work-related recommendations from your manager etc. ?
Here is an example:
https://www.thebalance.com/reference-let...ol-2062936

Personally, I am not worried about this, as I've had several employers who liked working with and would happily give me a recommendation. Also, I can always try to get a recommendation from my community college teachers.

What do you think?
Started Sept. 2016 -Thomas Edison State Univeristy - BSBA - Marketing 120/120 DONE
ACE/ALT 41 CR
Straighterline: American Government l Intro to Religion l Principles of Management l English Comp II l
Study.com : Business 308 l History 108 l Principles of Finance l Digital Marketing
TECEP: Strategic Management l  Public relations l Advertising l Sales Mgmt l Marketing Comm
Short-term Objective: TESU BSBA in Marketing by Sept. 2017 (DONE!) Graduating in June
Long-term Objective: Career in marketing then eventually MBA or MSC in Marketing later on  
I'm in California as well and I was accepted to the MBA programs of Cal Poly, Pomona, Cal State, Los Angeles and Cal State, San Bernardino with fewer than 30 graded credits. However, I did have to take the GMAT and I scored just over 600.
Cool, thanks for sharing Smile
ACE/ALT 41 CR

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Potential Ph.D coming to University of the People TINASAM 15 2,651 10-02-2023, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Heartstrings
  Online MBA- potential student Love2LearnAlways 29 2,780 09-19-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Share your TESU to GaTech OMSCS experience Blckbuster 4 1,140 03-10-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Bachelor to Masters program at TESU Lacedonia4 10 2,880 07-10-2022, 10:52 PM
Last Post: jch
  Masters degree options after BSBA at TESU schlocker 7 1,354 05-23-2022, 06:11 AM
Last Post: freeloader
  University of Florida Pulled a TESU sanantone 7 2,804 09-16-2021, 07:32 AM
Last Post: angelman
  TESU to WGU Mitmike2019 14 2,081 02-01-2021, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU graduate - Grad School on campus program? hoffdeb 1 887 01-20-2020, 07:33 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Graduate School after Charter Oak/TESU Elizabethcl 8 2,589 01-19-2020, 01:53 PM
Last Post: jonesy20
  TESU Jan 2020 Doctor of Business Administration hoffdeb 1 1,393 11-04-2019, 01:28 AM
Last Post: jsh1138