Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU graduation
Does anyone know if it's possible to graduate if all ACE transcripts/degree application are turned in by October 1st but i'm registered for the capstone Sep 25-Dec 17th? All other requirements will be met, I just have to finish the capstone.

(09-12-2017, 08:54 PM)Paramedic12 Wrote: Does anyone know if it's possible to graduate if all ACE transcripts/degree application are turned in by October 1st but i'm registered for the capstone Sep 25-Dec 17th? All other requirements will be met, I just have to finish the capstone.

December graduation**
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paramedic12's post:
  • cali86
You're cutting it close, I highly doubt they'll allow you to graduate as they require everything at least a couple of weeks BEFORE the date you mentioned (Dec 17th). You might want to email them once you apply for graduation, as they still need X amount of days for grading the capstone as well...

I don't think it's possible as per link: http://www.tesu.edu/current-students/Gra...mation.cfm
If you are enrolled in a TESU course that begins in… You are eligible for…
September, October or November March Graduation
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
No. You had to be in the August term for Dec graduation. The other credits could have come in even in mid to late Nov, but not a TESU course.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
That capstone course ending December 17th won't even be graded for at least a week. TESU is flexible about a lot of things but this isn't one of them. The only long shot I can think of is if you are in guided study. But even then, that assumes a lot of factors (you finishing really early, the professor agreeing to read/grade it early and possibly the TESU grading system reflecting your final grade early - which may not be possible). I was not in the guided study but I know in the online course I was not allowed to submit anything early.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
Guided study doesn't change the course calendar, it just eliminates the blog interaction with other students.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
That was my thinking too... As I said - a long shot. I think even if the professor graded it early it would not show up in the system as official until term ends.
Yeah that makes sense. I called TESU today and they confirmed I'd have to wait for march graduation. Still by far the fastest option out there so I can't complain. Thanks for the responses guys!
Is the conferred degree important to get job or get into grad school, or an offical transcript can be used
I want to do a graduate certificate program directly after the degree. Do you know if they'll need the conferred degree for the application or will just the transcript suffice
Depends on where you go. Some schools I talked to said I could start courses as long as the final grade didn't post before degree conferral. Some said I had to have the official degree. One said I could take up to three courses but couldn't officially be admitted into a program until the transcript was official. I think it's up to the school on what they allow.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,578 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,280 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,318 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore