Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New forum - new TECEP discussion
I'm having lots of trouble finding any feedback whatsoever on most TECEPs. Could be me and my googler but it always just takes me back to the main page. I thought perhaps an updated discussion or reviews of some TECEPs would be beneficial for some of us newer to the forums who can't access old threads about them. Would you be willing to post reviews of TECEP tests you have taken? How difficult did you find it to be?

Specifically hoping for feedback on those that meet Gen Ed requirements. 

I have a short list of ones interesting to me: 
POS 101 Intro Poli Sci
SOC 210 Marriage and Family
CIS 107 Computer Concepts (how is this for a non-tech person?)
- all of these are multiple choice only tests. 

I'd also love feedback on: 
JOU 110 News Reporting
PHI 130 Critical Reasoning
ENG 201 Tech Writing
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
Since the switch to MyBB, all the old links broke. You might want to try searching TECEP in the forum search (upper right hand corner) and see what comes up there.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

Yep I've done that and it still brings me back to the main page most of the time. Just thinking some fresh reviews might be helpful. Smile
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
I took Computer Concepts cold, fairly easy. I am a business major, and haven't worked in 15 years, so certainly not a tech person.

Tech Writing I took cold as well, and it was easy.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • originalamyj
(09-09-2017, 10:01 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I took Computer Concepts cold, fairly easy.  I am a business major, and haven't worked in 15 years, so certainly not a tech person.

Tech Writing I took cold as well, and it was easy.

Anyone that is decently computer literate will be able to pass computer concepts very easily.

If you are going to study anything for this one, I would suggest studying cyber security and knowing the various types of threats and countermeasures - but nothing too advanced is necessary.  Googling things like "types of computer viruses" and "information security basics" and reading the first few articles will probably get you up to speed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,751 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 1,995 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,175 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,789 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,530 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Suggested TECEP's? High Pass Rate? omuneek 2 1,715 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Failed Advertising TECEP nerd 12 3,197 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: nerd
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 1,872 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  TECEP to meet residency requirement Dowew 2 1,520 06-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Dowew
  Cheapest TECEP sarahrahul 4 1,632 06-01-2018, 10:59 AM
Last Post: davewill