Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapest Masters in Communications?
Do any of you lovely folks know of a cheap Masters in Communications or Strategic Communications programs where you can work at your own pace?
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
(06-11-2021, 08:44 PM)collegechick Wrote: Do any of you lovely folks know of a cheap Masters in Communications or Strategic Communications programs where you can work at your own pace?

I wish there were more CBE programs! I don't know of a master's in communications CBE program. It doesn't seem like there are many master's CBE programs in general. Hopefully, one day soon there will be oodles more! After completing my degree at UMPI, I'm REALLY struggling with this deadline thing at LSU now. I got so spoiled working at my own pace on my own timeline. It's like now I have to be a grownup and work on someone else's schedule which is so meh. Tell Jessica @ UMPI to start the degree you want. I hope they expand the master's program.
(06-11-2021, 09:48 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 08:44 PM)collegechick Wrote: Do any of you lovely folks know of a cheap Masters in Communications or Strategic Communications programs where you can work at your own pace?

I wish there were more CBE programs! I don't know of a master's in communications CBE program. It doesn't seem like there are many master's CBE programs in general. Hopefully, one day soon there will be oodles more! After completing my degree at UMPI, I'm REALLY struggling with this deadline thing at LSU now. I got so spoiled working at my own pace on my own timeline. It's like now I have to be a grownup and work on someone else's schedule which is so meh. Tell Jessica @ UMPI to start the degree you want. I hope they expand the master's program.

Thanks for your response. Is UMPI regionally accredited?
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
UMPI is RA.

Sent from my NX591J using DegreeForum.net mobile app
(06-11-2021, 10:45 PM)collegechick Wrote: Thanks for your response. Is UMPI regionally accredited?

Yes UMPI is RA. It's part of the University of Maine system.
Cheapest? ENEB's in Business & Corporate Communication, has to be the cheapest on earth. But being foreign it may come with some reasonable caveats, all of which we've discussed at great lengths for well over a year now so I won't bore you with that (or fascinate you, lol, I guess it depends on what you find interesting).
A great place to start is to look at this list: https://www.geteducated.com/online-colle...ng-online/
GetEducated lists tend to be much more accurate than other, similar attempts. Sometimes, the info is outdated by a couple of years, so you will have to verify the current tuition. You can see that the list mixes together communication, communications and marketing.
As for working at your own pace, I'm not sure if any of these fit the bill, but maybe there's a program flexible enough to fit your needs.

Hey, and if you don't mind me asking- what's your goal with this degree? I've thought lately about getting an MA in Communication, myself, but it's hard to pin down what the job prospects are for it. Communication & Communications seem to be among the most misunderstood fields of study.
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

[-] The following 1 user Likes Maniac Craniac's post:
  • collegechick
(06-13-2021, 08:52 PM)eLearner Wrote: Cheapest? ENEB's in Business & Corporate Communication, has to be the cheapest on earth. But being foreign it may come with some reasonable caveats, all of which we've discussed at great lengths for well over a year now so I won't bore you with that (or fascinate you, lol, I guess it depends on what you find interesting).

Thank you for the suggestion.  I'd prefer US schools, but appreciate the suggestion.

(06-14-2021, 11:34 AM)Maniac Craniac Wrote: A great place to start is to look at this list: https://www.geteducated.com/online-colle...ng-online/
GetEducated lists tend to be much more accurate than other, similar attempts. Sometimes, the info is outdated by a couple of years, so you will have to verify the current tuition. You can see that the list mixes together communication, communications and marketing.
As for working at your own pace, I'm not sure if any of these fit the bill, but maybe there's a program flexible enough to fit your needs.

Thank you for this link.  Appreciate knowing geteducated.com is more accurate.  Some of these program finder websites have been way off on the costs of tuition, with them rarely posting for out-of-state.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 697 Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  best MBA/Masters in Finance programs after UMPI? CFPhopeful 7 448 04-07-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Mjake260
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 648 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,814 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 365 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,226 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 3,117 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  ENEB MASTERS Accreditation, Questions Sara143 10 1,816 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Cheapest online master's degree in *anything?* profstudent 26 4,715 02-18-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: ITdegree
  Teesside University has some interesting Masters programs that cost around 9k USD nyvrem 5 582 02-17-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Tomas