Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Masters in USA for my non-credited Bachelor degree
This is my sad story.
I have done a Bachelor bachelor in Software Engineering degree in back home and GPA 2.72. I have 2 years work experience too.
This is a 3 years degree.I tried several time by applying 10,20 universities get a Masters or MBA offer. I couldn't do that.
I asked several credit evaluate agencies but They told me that they cant evaluate my degree.
I am in USA now. I am badly finding a Masters or MBA program that I can do.I don't want to spend another 4 years for a Bachelor again.

Please let me know is there any university that offer Graduate program for 3 years non credited bachelor + experience

Thanks
You're going to have a hard time finding an accredited MBA program that will accept a non-accredited undergrad. Part of the graduate school's accreditation probably depends on ensuring that they're only accepting accredited undergrad degrees (though I'm no accreditation expert).
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
There's many schools that will give you a Masters, but they're all going to be non accredited themselves.
We're not seeing the full picture here, if the evaluating agencies all mentioned they can't evaluate the degree, then there's not much you can do.
Most schools if not all accredited ones use a third party evaluating service, you can try a non USA degree.

First off "where (country such as india)" did you get your non accredited degree and "which institution?"
If it came from an unrecognized university even in terms of their own country standard, then you're most likely going to start from scratch.
You may be able to get another degree from a recognized institution in your home country, then transfer over.

There are some non USA MBA programs that allow you to test out of your masters.
So, if $$$ is not an issue with that, you can go to Heriot Watt - $10,000 for an MBA
Just finish it in 10 days (10 exams). That's the fastest you can have a UK degree. No entrance requirements.

To be on the safe side, give us more details and the most info you have about you/your school.
You may be lucky to do a PLA and also exam credits, you can finish 40 courses with 40 exams.
It's all about "HOW" to do it... give us more info, so we can provide you more details. Kapish?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hello,
My degree I eared from Sri Lanka. It's a non-accreditation institute. But i got 5 offer for Masters in computer Science from 5 major universities in UK. But I am in USA now and I need to do it here in US.
One credit evaluate agency told me that they can evaluate my transcript but they put on transcript as a non-credited institute.

Need to let you know. there are more than 20 students got masters for same degree in UK and one got MA in USA. I dont need to get MA. so I am trying to get a MSc

Please appreciate your help
Thanks
what is the name of the school in Sri Lanka?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Java Institute for advanced technology
The Heriot-Watt distance MBA program in UK might be what you need. They are known to admit some students without a Bachelor's degree, if they feel the applicant is likely to succeed. Their degrees are fully-authorized and have good acceptance in UK and other countries. Website here: http://www.ebsglobal.net Oops - just realized, BJCheung77 already mentioned it. Sorry.

J.
Johann Wrote:The Heriot-Watt distance MBA program in UK might be what you need. They are known to admit some students without a Bachelor's degree, if they feel the applicant is likely to succeed. Their degrees are fully-authorized and have good acceptance in UK and other countries. Website here: http://www.ebsglobal.net Oops - just realized, BJCheung77 already mentioned it. Sorry.

J.

Yes I understand but I need a USA program due to i am in US. Not UK.
Ouch, I have a vibe that isn't going to jive with you...seriously.
From reading what you've entered, I am thinking you're out of luck.
The institution webpage hasn't been updated since 2014, their programs are all diploma level.

I'm not sure, but your chances are very very slim, if any, in transferring to a legitimate school.
If my calculation is correct, there's only 3 years from that school - total 90 credits at max.
You're missing a year of education that is "similar" to a USA degree. That won't equal a degree.

Here are my recommendations: some options to think about...
Your best option is to get into a bridging/degree completion program for a Bachelors Degree.
Then move on up to the desired Masters degree program at various institutions of choice.

1 - Find out which 5 schools in the UK that will accept your credits and go with them.
If they are a "major" university as you say, they should have distance/online degrees.
Go with them as those degrees are considered "same as USA Regional Accreditation".
Further to that, you can finish with them and take an online DBA in the USA! or another Masters!

2 - You mentioned there are 20 or so who have gone into a UK/USA degree, who are they?
Which schools are those? Get your applications sent to those instead of the ones you tried.
If they reject your application, you can try several Nationally Accredited degree providers from DEAC.
Again, I don't think they will accept 90 credits for a 120 credit degree equivalency, you may need
bridging courses.

3 - Evalution agency, did they say your "degree" was equivalent to a USA Bachelors? Having
it noted as coming from an unaccredited school won't really matter, as long as it mentions equivalency.
If it is, you can apply to the Big 3 and the Competency Degree Providers. Most of these are "subject
course evaluations", meaning it's a lengthy list of courses you've taken and equivalency to what's offered.

4 - Finally, I think you may be able to complete a year of extra studies to make up the bridging.
Meaning, you may have 90 credits transfer and take the remaining 30 credits to get a Bachelors in USA.
Then you can apply to a Masters program as most require a 4 year undergrad degree in equivalency.
Hmm, you may start quickly and do a BSBA/BA CS in less than a year!

Furthermore, from reading what you typed, I feel you're phishing for info to place your "non"
accredited courses into an accredited institution, you maybe lucky, but it's going to be very rare.
Again, most institutions need the evaluation and also do this case by case basis, you need a lot of luck.
Apply away, it's your only option. But the bridging program is the best/closest to what you need.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:Ouch, I have a vibe that isn't going to jive with you...seriously.
From reading what you've entered, I am thinking you're out of luck.
The institution webpage hasn't been updated since 2014, their programs are all diploma level.

I'm not sure, but your chances are very very slim, if any, in transferring to a legitimate school.
If my calculation is correct, there's only 3 years from that school - total 90 credits at max.
You're missing a year of education that is "similar" to a USA degree. That won't equal a degree.

Here are my recommendations: some options to think about...
Your best option is to get into a bridging/degree completion program for a Bachelors Degree.
Then move on up to the desired Masters degree program at various institutions of choice.

1 - Find out which 5 schools in the UK that will accept your credits and go with them.
If they are a "major" university as you say, they should have distance/online degrees.
Go with them as those degrees are considered "same as USA Regional Accreditation".
Further to that, you can finish with them and take an online DBA in the USA! or another Masters!

2 - You mentioned there are 20 or so who have gone into a UK/USA degree, who are they?
Which schools are those? Get your applications sent to those instead of the ones you tried.
If they reject your application, you can try several Nationally Accredited degree providers from DEAC.
Again, I don't think they will accept 90 credits for a 120 credit degree equivalency, you may need
bridging courses.

3 - Evalution agency, did they say your "degree" was equivalent to a USA Bachelors? Having
it noted as coming from an unaccredited school won't really matter, as long as it mentions equivalency.
If it is, you can apply to the Big 3 and the Competency Degree Providers. Most of these are "subject
course evaluations", meaning it's a lengthy list of courses you've taken and equivalency to what's offered.

4 - Finally, I think you may be able to complete a year of extra studies to make up the bridging.
Meaning, you may have 90 credits transfer and take the remaining 30 credits to get a Bachelors in USA.
Then you can apply to a Masters program as most require a 4 year undergrad degree in equivalency.
Hmm, you may start quickly and do a BSBA/BA CS in less than a year!

Furthermore, from reading what you typed, I feel you're phishing for info to place your "non"
accredited courses into an accredited institution, you maybe lucky, but it's going to be very rare.
Again, most institutions need the evaluation and also do this case by case basis, you need a lot of luck.
Apply away, it's your only option. But the bridging program is the best/closest to what you need.

I graduated in 2013 and completed 2 years work experience. And they awared me a bSc in software Engineering.
I have a 142 credits in my transcript

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 279 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 496 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 270 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,099 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 2,976 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 15,352 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  ENEB MASTERS Accreditation, Questions Sara143 10 1,632 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Cheapest online master's degree in *anything?* profstudent 26 4,018 02-18-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: ITdegree
  Teesside University has some interesting Masters programs that cost around 9k USD nyvrem 5 524 02-17-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  British Master’s degree for £1,950 armado 23 3,866 02-17-2024, 01:55 AM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer