Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May i get credits for my mother language??
Spanish is my mother language so i can get easy credits by enroll in every spanish course, but this have no sense... may i just get some credits for my spanish mother language?? Or i really need to enroll in spanish courses??
I am not sure what you are asking. But if you want to get some easy credits consider taking the Spanish CLEP test it can be worth up to 9 credits. You don't need to take Spanish courses unless the degree specifically requires Spanish. But taking the Spanish CLEP could be 9 easy credits.
[-] The following 2 users Like natshar's post:
  • Nixi, ss20ts
You can of course earn credits for your native language by passing the ACTFL tests. If you pass their most advanced level test, you can earn upto 12 credits (6LL + 6UL). Check out this link: https://www.languagetesting.com/credit-r...ssessments
Just make sure their tests are still ACE-recommended. I know that their ACE recommendation had expired some months ago, and am not sure if it was renewed again. But if it is available, go for it.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(07-25-2019, 12:05 AM)Supermind Wrote: You can of course earn credits for your native language by passing the ACTFL tests. If you pass their most advanced level test, you can earn upto 12 credits (6LL + 6UL). Check out this link: https://www.languagetesting.com/credit-r...ssessments
Just make sure their tests are still ACE-recommended. I know that their ACE recommendation had expired some months ago, and am not sure if it was renewed again. But if it is available, go for it.

I checked ACE they are all expired.
CLEP is available, credits depending on your score.
[-] The following 2 users Like lacussucceed's post:
  • cecilgambe7, Nixi
In the US, they don't go by "mother language" in awarding credit for a foreign language - which is just about anything other than English. ASL, Spanish, French, Russian, etc. If you speak another language fluently, no matter the reason, feel free to get credits any way you can.

ACTFL has expired unfortunately, but there is still CLEP (6 or 9 credits depending on the score), Straighterline (Spanish I & II), Study.com (Spanish I, II, & SPA 105: Spanish for the Workplace), and UExcel (Spanish I).

I think there are also some BYU FLATS exams (up to 12cr) for $50. Not sure how those work, you'd have to look for that. They also have challenge exams worth more credit, if you want to research that.

And, there are also the NYU Foreign Language Proficiency Exams. I think it's about $350 for the 12cr exam, and $450 for the 16cr exam.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cecilgambe7
Thank you for your replies, i think CLEP is the best choise, but there is no way to enroll on online exam...
For CLEP you need to visit a test center.
If you require online proctoring you can still use Straighterline, Study.com and Instantcertcredit (new). Be sure not to duplicate courses, for example Spanish I at both SL and SDC, which would be pointless.
(07-25-2019, 07:50 AM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: Thank you for your replies, i think CLEP is the best choise, but there is no way to enroll on online exam...

You'll have to go to the CLEP website and find a testing center nearest you. Then, go to the center and take the test there. You can not do this from home.

We have a member here who earned a PERFECT SCORE on the Spanish exam. If you do well, you'll get 9 college credits, so it's worth it - AND if you're not aware, you can take that exam for free when you do Modern States. I strongly recommend doing that!

Find a testing center https://clep.collegeboard.org/test-center-search

Take CLEP for free https://modernstates.org/
Great idea. I dont find Dutch anywhere Sad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,529 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,952 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 709 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,258 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 521 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  ‘We did it together’: New York mother and daughter graduate college on same day LevelUP 0 202 12-22-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Cheap Self-Paced Language Courses or courses IN said languages? nykorn 4 460 12-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 408 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,841 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
Information 3 credits in quantitative reasoning for $39 (ACE) MNomadic 92 18,951 10-30-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy