Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Micro/Macro economics which one?
I wanted to see what you guys recommended as far as ACE/NCCRS micro and macro economics courses.

Figured my choices were:

Saylor 50$ 50 questions proctored (50 questions per test)
CLEP Free 100 questions per test proctored
Straighterline 200$ 50 quizzes and finals (25 quizzes each)

I think I will study and start off with Saylor, then if I fail I'll CLEP it.

Not sure what other choices I have, please feel free to give me suggestions on this.
Frankly I really really don't want to do these.

This will be used for TESU.
That's my first recommendation as well - Saylor for $50 and then CLEP if Saylor kicks your butt, finally Straighterline.
I would recommend doing Saylor practice final tests and unit assessments to find out where you stand.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You can use study.com as well. They have their own proctored exams (100 questions each) or you can use this to study for the CLEP.
Goal: BA/BS in Psychology

Credit Sources
Straighterline
Aleks
Study.com
Kaplan
I don't know if the original post was a typo or not. But where did you get that $50 Saylor exam fee from. Their website
Earn College Credit | Saylor Academy shows the fee is only $25...am I missing something here?

Anyway...I'm in the same boat as you in regards these courses. Just can't seem to get into the subject matter but I gotta get it done. Best of luck to you on your journey.
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
Enrolled in BA in Liberal Studies - 105/120 Completed

Associate in Science, Excelsior College
l8989v Wrote:You can use study.com as well. They have their own proctored exams (100 questions each) or you can use this to study for the CLEP.

Yes, this is a nice one. It'll rival Straighterline and is a great alternative to CLEP
For the Saylor courses, those who find the Saylor course work a little "out of order" will like this option.

mlwilliamsiv Wrote:I don't know if the original post was a typo or not. But where did you get that $50 Saylor exam fee from. Their website
Earn College Credit | Saylor Academy shows the fee is only $25...am I missing something here?

Anyway...I'm in the same boat as you in regards these courses. Just can't seem to get into the subject matter but I gotta get it done. Best of luck to you on your journey.

It's for two courses, Macro and Micro. So, your calculations are correct.
Essentially, if you get FREE CLEP, I actually would recommend them first.
Then get the courses from Saylor if you didn't do too well on the CLEP test...
Those are the two best options, other than that, Study.com and Straighterline is there for you!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
These two I was also worried about, My plan thats in place right now is I am taking Microeconomics at my CC (rated as the harder CLEP) , using what I have learned in Micro and then going to use what I already learned plus the REA guide for Macroeconomics and attempt the CLEP. If the CLEP is failed then I will try Saylor.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
You should do Macro first, then micro.

Synicaal Wrote:These two I was also worried about, My plan thats in place right now is I am taking Microeconomics at my CC (rated as the harder CLEP) , using what I have learned in Micro and then going to use what I already learned plus the REA guide for Macroeconomics and attempt the CLEP. If the CLEP is failed then I will try Saylor.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Many shy away from Straighterline on these two due to the amount of tests/exams. I felt it did one of the better jobs at teaching Macro & Micro. My daughter did Saylor and Straighterline - felt Saylor was easier but gained little knowledge from it. If the goal is speed then you have some solid advice with Macro - Micro through Saylor or Clep.

If you end up tackling Straighterline, both my daughters loved watching ACDC Learning on the subject.

Good luck!
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are micro-credentials and who is completing them? vintage_jacket 10 1,149 09-06-2022, 10:22 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  Micro-Credentials Alpha 5 877 10-04-2021, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  Claremont Dual BA/MA - Economics or Finance in 4 years bjcheung77 5 1,038 04-26-2021, 09:15 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  AP2 in 8 weeks (Summer semester) or Micro 2L8 3 1,258 02-02-2020, 03:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Economics as a Required Course videogamesrock 3 1,062 11-15-2019, 05:12 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Finance or Economics Degree HELP! learn777 11 4,148 09-03-2019, 07:52 AM
Last Post: learn777
  Macro Economics cardiacclep 2 1,655 08-06-2017, 11:10 AM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  Macro Economics archerbob 0 931 12-06-2016, 09:52 AM
Last Post: archerbob
  Micro/Macroeconomics studyandpass5 3 1,300 09-14-2016, 12:09 AM