Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Milestones at Sophia ( pls need help) US history
I am studying US history at Sophia. Unfortunately, English is not my first language. It’s very hard for me to preparing for the final exam. Is practicing milestones helpful for final exams? Any helpful advice for passing the final test. I am investing six hours every day.  Many thanks
My game plan with alternative credits is to study as if I was trying to get an 80% in the course.

I don't do the practice milestones as I don't need them. The only practice milestones I did were the stats course.

The milestones will help you through.

If you fail a milestone, you can only retake it one time.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • ISKBizz15
(03-23-2022, 08:46 PM)Sara143 Wrote: I am studying US history at Sophia. Unfortunately, English is not my first language. It’s very hard for me to preparing for the final exam. Is practicing milestones helpful for final exams? Any helpful advice for passing the final test. I am investing six hours every day.  Many thanks

I think that the final milestone is easier than the other unit milestones.

The practice milestone questions don't seem very similar to me, but you still might learn 1 or 2 things that are helpful.

I think that many of the questions have an answer which looks right but isn't the best answer. So think about each answer instead of going with the one that seems true. Also I feel like I had to re-read the question because sometimes it would be asking not only which statement was true but which also related to a specific aspect.

The final is easier than each milestone. Maybe because you already have practice it...
Just read the questions of prior exams or practice questions if you have fear to fail. Be calm and give you time to read each question and understand it well, this is more important than it looks.
I would do the practice milestones, especially in your case.

Remember that Sophia tests are OPEN BOOK. This means that you are allowed to look up things while you are taking the exams. You do not have to remember everything. It is not always easy to look up things because sometimes they use synonyms in the exam. I would keep Thesaurus.com open in another window to help you to find the correct material.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • RachelB, ss20ts
Dear rachel83az,
What do you mean by Thesaurus.com?
Am I allow to look up things while I am doing exam?
Thanks again
(03-24-2022, 11:21 AM)Sara143 Wrote: Dear rachel83az,
Thanks again

Yes, that's what is meant by "open book." You can look things up during the exam.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(03-24-2022, 11:45 AM)jsd Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 11:21 AM)Sara143 Wrote: Dear rachel83az,
Thanks again

Yes, that's what is meant by "open book." You can look things up during the exam.
Thanks you so much . What’s Thesaurus.com?
a thesaurus is like a dictionary, but instead of giving the definition of words, it gives you other words that are similar to the word you look up. For example, if you look up "house" it might tell you that "home" is a similar word, among other words. Thesaurus.com is a free online way of doing this.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • RachelB
@Sara143, Essentially for Sophia.org and other providers we suggest, it's a good idea to invest a second monitor. For example, I use a laptop and a second monitor, the laptop I use for doing the assignments, quizzes, and the second monitor I use for reviewing/searching the EBooks/PDF files. When I do a proctored exam, I just remove the second monitor and that's it!

Another piece of advice is, you may want to "search for something" you don't understand or go to the website, it may be faster than posting a question here. Such as, what's InstantCertCredit.com? When you go to that site, you can see it's the same company that this webpage uses at the top of the page. The same for Dictionary.com or Thesaurus.com, whatever other sites there are as well...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 312 Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 764 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,248 04-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,296 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 304 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 642 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 896 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 212 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 881 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 349 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle